THE BIGWHEEL THREAD!!! Yamaha BW350, BW200

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Mr. BigWheel, Feb 4, 2011.

1. 007kuntry

007kuntry n00b

Oddometer:
    Anyone have any tips for my 87 bw 350 Need to tighten the primary chain
  2. jaubuchon

jaubuchon Cheapest Boy Alive

Oddometer:
    If you guys could please help me, i need interviewees for my school assignment, if you would like to do a simple interview please pm me. it is all about the sierra club and how we hate them, and state closures of ohv lands
  3. sixpepper

sixpepper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [ Go the the 190 ..I still have some of the blue 125's that I purchased back in the 80's...They are too light and chip easy..
  4. sixpepper

sixpepper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    just sent you a message I think:1drink...these new fangled messages boards get an old guy confused..
  5. BWSwamper

BWSwamper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. Shercoman

Shercoman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Make sure the bottom of the tank is cleared enough to fit over the frame tubes.
    I did not have a tank for my BW and had a very hard time finding something to fit because the frame tubes require a big wide tunnel to fit over.Most bikes have these tubes farther back so the tunnel in the tank can be narrow.
    My tank is steel because I used a torch to reshape the underside of the tank to fit over the frame.

If anyone find an aftermarket tank that does fit,please post because I need a bigger tank!!!
  7. jaubuchon

jaubuchon Cheapest Boy Alive

Oddometer:
    didnt send sir
  8. Röhrich

Röhrich big wheel freak

Oddometer:
    Hi everybody,

This weekend I tried to rebuild a part of the BW350. I´m not finished, but
    I looks good enough for now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here are some other machines: TW200, RV90 and RV125
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And of course my "new" Fatcat.

At the upper side of the monoshock is a kind of rubber flap. Where can I get this thing? Mine is damaged.
    And could someone take a picture for me of the frame with battery and the other elektrical stuff under the seat of the BW350?

Regards,

Röhrich
  9. Mr. BigWheel

Mr. BigWheel b00b

Oddometer:
    These are the only photos of Cliff where I didn't cut off his head, have my thumb in the shot or still have the lens cap in place, even after he obliged me with 20 runs past the camera:

[​IMG]

Cliff was testing out the Super BigWheel mods to the suspension and was airing the 350 out to a degree that is not represented by my weak photos:

[​IMG]
  10. Mr. BigWheel

Mr. BigWheel b00b

Oddometer:
    Röhrich,

I'll get a picture of the under-seat area of the 350. It will probably be filled with mud, grass and birds' nests, however.

During the ride with Cliff, he explained the difference between the number 10 and the number 12. I thought that BWSwamper's aluminum rim was another 10" conversion. That is probably the first 12" rear wheel on a BW in the world! We are witnessing history and my public school education was impeding my ability to comprehend it.

Fortunately, Cliff spends a lot of time watching Sesame Street these days and was sharp enough to point out the numerical difference for me.

We will be waiting with baited breath for the update.

Regards,

Mr. BigWheel
  11. Röhrich

Röhrich big wheel freak

Oddometer:
    I have another question:

Last year I bought this "beautifull" Fatcat from the owner of the other 6 Big Wheels. The Fatcat is generally in oké condition, also the cylinder with piston and the left side of the engine almost look new. The only thing is the right side of the engine. There missing some parts with the engine cover, and the parts that I have are rusting.

What can I do with it? I would like to rebuild it, but when I buy al that parts on ebay ( when I know exactly what is missing:huh?? ) I think I have to pay more for that, than for the whole bike. I could also put another Honda engine in it, but what engine looks the same as the TR200 engine and fits in the frame? I prefer to get the other parts to rebuild the original engine. Is there someone who knows where I could get this parts, or which engine was almost the same as the TR200 engine?

Here are some pictures of the Fatcat:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The engine looks very bad, but the inside of the engine ( behind the right cover ) looks oke.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I only bought it in this condition because these Big Wheels and Fatcats are absolutely RARE here in Europe. This is maybe the only Fatcat in whole the Netherlands.

Regards,

Röhrich
  12. epix1718

epix1718 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got new mainshaft/idlergear/etc to repair gf's big wheel and got the engine out of the BW200.

Any tips on splitting the case? The factory phillip head bolts that hold the cases together seem like they will strip out easy and the case itself is pretty darn snug.
  13. dentvet

dentvet Long timer

Oddometer:
    this article says its a de-tuned honda ATC 200 motor.....

http://yamaha.itgo.com/BW200review/1.htm
  14. Shercoman

Shercoman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You need a hand held impact that you hit with a hammer to get those phillips screws out.
    If you round out the phillips,you use a chisel to make a regular slot and try the impact again.
    If that doesn't work, you carefully drill the center of the phillips recess with a drill the same size as the bolt diameter until the head pops off.Start with a smaller diameter drill and work up in size.
    Then use vise grips to unscrew the rest of the bolt after the cases are split.
    Then a brass or plastic hammer to tap on the ends of the shafts to split the cases.

I was a paid mechanic back when those screws were popular.
  15. vroom_vroom

vroom_vroom screaming chicken

Oddometer:
    so after reading all 66 pages and wasiting more time watching enduro videos i feel i need to post. picked up the big wheel off the second owner who left it sit in the garage since Clinton was in office.......... has less than 50 hours on it. not too shabby for six bills. without further adue i give you the bw-200

[​IMG]

mostly about making cars go faster than they should but it looks like i found a new challenge. any one turbo one yet.....................
    SteveinUT likes this.
  16. vroom_vroom

vroom_vroom screaming chicken

Oddometer:
    also i have been looking for a big boar kit for the 200 where are you guys finding them at?
  17. sticker

sticker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @ vroom vroom....Wow!! Looks like you got the deal of the decade there. Six bills is a steal for sure. Congrats on an awesome looking BW!!
  18. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    yea thats a steal for a bw in that condition!
  19. Röhrich

Röhrich big wheel freak

Oddometer:
    That bike looks great!

So my BW´s looked when I bought them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does someone have some pictures of the inside of a Fatcat engine?

Regards,

Röhrich
  20. epix1718

epix1718 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WooHoo made some progress today! Engine out of the bike and working through some of the stubborn bolts I have the cylinder head off. The cylinder wall looks pretty clean to me but the piston top is caked with some carbon. Any simple stuff I can spray on it and the valves to clean them up?

Next I need to get to splitting the case.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can I reuse this head gasket, It doesn't look torn at all.
    [​IMG]

I'm thankfully a bachelor for another 4 months.. so no more of the following going on in my dining room I suppose:
    [​IMG]