Lean Angle Jeans - Finally protective jeans I would wear!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Domiken, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will contact them to see if they are interested once our website is up :D

No worries, we are open to suggestions.

Great to know there is demand, stay tuned.
  2. spuh

spuh Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hate to be a "big critic", but I was wondering what happens to polyethylene under heat of friction with asphalt. Does UHMWPE behave like nylon or like polyester?
  3. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad you asked that question, we wondered the same thing when considering using this highly advanced fiber for our protective jeans. UHMWPE has a high thermal conductivity (290-306F); Kevlar® has a low thermal conductivity (930F+-). The effects of friction heat depends on several factors: type of asphalt, air temperature, pavement temperature, water (if any), garment temperature, speed during contact, contact location, contact duration, etc. There is a lot of "hearsay" on the internet regarding UHMWPE and it's protection for motorcycle riders, mainly by companies promoting their own protective fiber and products. This is why we relied on a third party testing facility from an internationally recognized laboratory like TUV Rheinland to prove that our Kevlar®/UHMWPE blended internal protective liner works.
  4. pmulticida

pmulticida n00b

Oddometer:
    Ok, my pair just arrived today. Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I haven't ridden in them yet (pouring rain). Given that, let me just say that I am VERY pleased with the fit and finish.

These are described as true to size (at least by American standards), and I that seems right on. My "regular" jeans are a size 36, and I ordered a size 38 in these jeans. I was being cautious, as I have had too many motorcycle jeans fit waaaayyy to small. The size 38 are actually a bit roomy, but with the Forcefield armour in they fit only a little bit big. That's not a bad thing, because I would much rather have these a little roomy than a little tight!:eek1

The armour fitting is great. There is ample room in the knee armour pockets to adjust things, and the velcro feels secure.

Perhaps best of all, these look pretty much like "regular" jeans, but are Kevlar lined. Even my wife wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen out in public with me wearing these!

All in all, I have no regrets about spending the money on these. I am very pleased, and wish you the best success in making these the standard of protective motorcycle jeans.
  5. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mine are supposed to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait:clap
  6. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your comments, after the first wash they should fit even better. Thanks for providing feedback. :D

:lift
  7. outlaws

outlaws Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    First place to go out in the jeans for me is the crotch area. Would I have any issues with this pair?
  8. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is why we selected 12.5oz denim, thick, durable, and with the spandex blend it will not be too rigid, you would be fine.
  9. Daz the Aussie

Daz the Aussie Hey, don't blame me, it's just who I am!

Oddometer:
    My jeans arrived today so here is part one of my review of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The armor. This stuff is Forcefield so you know it's good. These pieces are triple layered and the knee armor pieces are stitched down the middle to hold it together. The hip armor is glued at the center. With both sets as you can see, the layers are able to move and flex. Hip pieces are marked left and right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You get a couple of decals with your jeans.

[​IMG]

The jeans. (ignore the color of the first photo of the jeans, I had the camera set to vivid color)
    These are heavy! I was kinda surprised actually at the weight of them when I lifted them out of the box but I guess when you consider that there are the jeans, a layer of Kevlar and a layer of sport mesh then it makes sense.

[​IMG]

I ordered the darker blue color.

[​IMG]

Everything is well stitched together and the inner mesh feels nice.

[​IMG]

Nice small touch.

[​IMG]

The hip pocket opens at the center, and is held together with velcro.

[​IMG]

The armor sits in the pocket nice and snug and does not move around a lot, ie: there isn't an excess of pocket for it to do so like some other brands. Even with the armor in everything sits snug and flat.

[​IMG]

The knee armor feeds into it's pocket from the bottom and is easy to place. I just held my hand against it while feeding it in to stop the velcro from attaching itself prematurely, then laid it where i thought it should go and closed the bottom of the pocket with its velcro closure.

[​IMG]

As to the sizing, well due to a mix up I got a size 36 instead of my 32's that I ordered so these are going back and my new ones will be on the way tomorrow. Part two of my review will be a few days away.

Daz.
  10. fast4d

fast4d Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm going to try a pair too.:clap

no longer have a private office so it's a PITA to change in/out of my summer revit pants.
  11. Dantegod

Dantegod Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    These look very well designed.

Paul
    British Motorcycle Gear
  12. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the review Daz!

:clap

Thanks Paul
  13. cakmakli

cakmakli Made It - Army Retired

Oddometer:
    Seriously thinking about getting a pair.
  14. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    Just ordered a pair. :thumb Looking forward to trying them out.
  15. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good looking jeans, and well designed.

Do you have any specific measurements? In particular, I'm looking for the leg opening. I read that they are slight boot cut, but would like to be able to confirm the leg opening on a 32x36 pair.

Also, for those of you that have these, can you feel the stretch? I'm wondering if the Kevlar and inner mesh liner nullify the stretch of the outer denim, or do you feel able to move without binding? I absolutely love the idea of stretch without those ugly accordion panels.
  16. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    I have found through experience that one problem with looser fitting pants is the knee armor can shift out of position, especially on impact with the ground. How are these in that respect?
  17. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :clap

The leg opening on the 32x36 is 9 inches.

The knitted inside liner also stretches, you can move freely with no binding.
  18. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  19. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that link. How stretchy are the waists? For example, would the 32 stretch enough to accommodate a 33 inch waist if I gained a few lbs?
  20. GroceryRun

GroceryRun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe a nice touch would be 7 belt loops instead of 5 , just like the older made jeans.
    Are the front pockets too large ?
    Also the space between the 2 front loops has to be large enough to accommodate a large belt buckle.