Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. babble

babble human

Oddometer:
    Any thoughts on the new 'graphite' scrambler for 2013? Me....not convinced yet, but i love the scrambler so much I think it is great in any colour.

[​IMG]
  2. vicvegas

vicvegas eager beaver

Oddometer:
    I think that new graphite colour will look great but i have'nt been able to find a good picture of it yet. when do the new bikes come out usually? I'm 90% sure my next bike will be a Scram so it would be nice to see it.
  3. sillymike

sillymike Yep! That's me...

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] All rights reserved by TRIUMPH BRESCIA<dl id="yui_3_5_0_3_1339602954391_315"><dd id="yui_3_5_0_3_1339602954391_314">
    </dd></dl>
  4. Triumphantscrambler

Triumphantscrambler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is just the housing you will have to buy a lamp. I went with the H4 super bright and amazing high beam!
  5. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Thanks, I was wondering the same. But how come we see no glass in the picture? You're saying all we need is this ebay assemble and an H4 bulb?

Can't wait to get some better lighting!
  6. mint julep

mint julep Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @sillymike - cool pic, that can't be in Mtl?

she rides in style.:nod
  7. chinesewaiter

chinesewaiter n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi, I have been lurking on here for a very long time. Great info and I haven't had to post any questions because most of my answers were found by searching. I have a 2006 klr, mostly stock, I always meant to modify it but found that it works ok in stock form and really just wanted to save my $$ for a new bike. I mainly ride broken pavement, gravel and dirt roads with some mild trails (ussually ATV, not so much single track). I like to travel and explore and take about 3 3-7 day trips a year.
    I have been thinking about a new bike for a while, especially the Scrambler. I have looked at the F800GS and the Tiger XC and found them to be great. I also tested a 2012 Bonneville (no scrambler avail for test ride). I keep coming back to the Scrambler as I think it will do what I want and I think it looks really cool (re: hammerhead jack pine scrambler and Rhodie's bike).
    I am interested in getting a bike with more power and so was drawn to the 800s, but after reading pretty much all of this thread and loving the way the bike looks I going to go with a Scrambler.
    I know this question has been posed, but I am looking for some advice with my specific case. I would like to buy used as the quote on a new bike is just over 12k out the door from the dealership (this includes a $250 discount) (they are selling them fast and can't keep any on the floor, so aren't negotiating). I have found some used bikes and narrowed it down to:
    1 2006 14,000km $6500, (single seat, centre stand, engine guard);
    2 2006 8500kms, $8500, (NARK air box removal kit, brand new TKC80 tires, D&D exhaust, Progressive Suspension rear shocks, mini led signals, mini cat eye tail lights)
    3 2008 efi with 16,000kms, $5500, no mods (painted orange);
    4 2012 3800kms, $1050 - was a dealer demo bike and comes with full 2 yr warranty (solo seat, hagon fr suspension and shocks, auxilary output 12 volts, fork stabilizer, wind deflector, guard for the headlight, ventilated front sprocket cover, anodized front brake reservoir)
    I am wondering wether to get a carb'd bike or EFI. I have had a carb bike for the last 6 years and had an EFI ninja for 2 years and I have read through the arguments on both sides of the coin. I would like to have a bike with more power than stock, but don't want to sacrifice durability.
    Any thoughts or advice would be welcome.
    Thanks.
    C
  8. babble

babble human

Oddometer:
    get the one you like the look of best. any of those will be fantastic. carb and efi are both durable and realiable in slightly different ways. i would tend to say that if you like doing your own maintainance, get a carb, if not then go for efi. me, i used to do a lot of car maintainace / work on carbs etc. but now i just can't be bothered. efi is worry / maintainance free for a long time, and self regulating for heading into the mountains etc. its also a little faster and more efficient in general. on the other hand if you know your carbs, keep them well maintained you will have a wonderful and more real relationship and understanding of your bike! have fun.

all in all, assuming the orange one looked good and was professionally painted, i would go with that!
  9. ajsimmo

ajsimmo Crinkley Codger

Oddometer:
    Great photo Mike
  10. Bambi

Bambi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello all, hello mint julep,
    the note under the first post of the pic says '[​IMG] All rights reserved by TRIUMPH BRESCIA'
    So I think, it's somewhere in Italy ...
    Kind regards, Bambi
  11. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I went through the same dilemma and search a few months ago. I ended up going with a used (06) model with some fairly significant performance upgrades for exactly half the price of a new one.

You need to add up the costs of any upgrades you intend, as triumph doesn't do anything cheap. Im thinking youll want to tackle exhaust and suspension. Then again, if you've been content with a mostly stock KLR, you'll likely be content with a stock Scrambler.

It was a hard choice because I'm drawn to the blacked out look of the newer models, and would have preferred efi. Logic got the best of me, and I figure that I'll ride this one for a year and decide if the scrambler is THE right bike for me. If I sell it, it'll be easy to get my money back, which would not have been the case with a newbike.

If I were you, I'd be asking for pics of the painted orange 2008. Assuming its a well done paint scheme, for about $1k you could do the necessary mods and be rolling with a custom :)
  12. Dave in Wi

Dave in Wi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Madison WI (40 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality)
    I would suggest you beg or borrow a ride on a Scrambler to make sure you are OK with the power. I'm not here to bash the Scram (I in fact really like it and love its looks) but when I rode one, I was really surprised by how little get up & go it had. I believe it is more mildly tuned than a Bonneville, so that may not be a direct comparason.
  13. B02S4

B02S4 Aye

Oddometer:
    That is easily remedied.
  14. RoyNC

RoyNC n00b

Oddometer:
    Doing a little fire road exploration along the ridge of the Linville Gorge in western, NC.

[​IMG]
  15. B02S4

B02S4 Aye

Oddometer:
    What blinkers are those, Roy?
  16. Rob Dirt

Rob Dirt Riding my blues away

Oddometer:
    Forgive my stupidity, but is your headers on backwards? Shouldn't they be mounted the other way?
  17. Dorzok

Dorzok Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  18. killerBs

killerBs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeap those are on backwards.
  19. Triumphantscrambler

Triumphantscrambler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Got everything welded up today tomorrow looks like lots of welding and painting. Going to color match the paint and add stop and turns to the bottom rear of the cases!
  20. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    I have "THRUX" coming for the red bike