may I introduce myself

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Mitas, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Mitas

Mitas caretaker

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

E-10 rear ... E-10 front.... E-07 rear ... E-07 front

qiero mas ???
  2. Mitas

Mitas caretaker

Oddometer:

thanx for the Information ... :D:D

First .... I marked the wrong things red.

have a lock at this.... the period to establish new compounds was 4 years ... and it´s EUROPEAN LAW... this declaration has to be made every year after you declared to follow the rule... we made it since 2007 ...

Every manufacturer has to follow this ....did you ever heard about a sales stop of Michelin in EU ?

.... For sure Heidenau found passioned dealers....
  3. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    So if someone wanted the E07 in 150/70/17 how would they go about purchasing one?
  4. Ko

Ko Observant as never

Oddometer:
    +1, I too would like to know. I am currently using a similar tire, but I am very unimpressed with it, although it's expensive, it should be good :rofl
    Also, OP, don't take this the wrong way, but your way of promoting these tires rubbed me the wrong way. I am aware that you know more about tires than I or others do, but showing off doesn't attract you clients. Educating them it will...

I came to your thread because I am genuinely interested in these tires. However, there is little information about them, and what there is seems to be provided after numerous requests. I too don't want to check a zillion websites in order to find information that it should be in this thread. I know it's hard to make everyone feel at home, but how about you try :D ?

Lastly, have you considered making a true-ish dual-sport 120/17 front tire? There's a potentially big market out there.

Cheers...
  5. BLU HWY

BLU HWY Maverick Lemming

Oddometer:
    +1
  6. grandpa_ken

grandpa_ken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, I want to know also.
  7. Mitas

Mitas caretaker

Oddometer:
    Hello Ko ... I like to take your post to answer.
    First I have to apologize for some facts.

- it will take some time to answer ´cause I´m on business trips very often.( but I will answer )
    - the current ambiguous situation
    - the lack of clear structures
    -..... for starting troubles
    - rude kind of my English ( ... :D it´s not my mothers tongue... and the last time I practice was with US-soldiers )

Unfortunately the sources to purchase our products are limited.... but it should be changed,..
    The only way right now is to start requests to the ( independent ) U.S. subsidiary . To show them clearly there is a market for the products....
    They need to order tires in advance... it´s not that simple to make a forecast.

By now .. the only way...

I understand that´s a lack of a common information platform... You right...

What I´m trying to do is to collect the necessary informations.We all tired of advertising an promises that never kept... correct me if I´m wrong.

Eakin is right when he say .... pictures... pictures ... pictures... first hand informations ....
    User customers are around the world ... but having no feedback channel ... our fault... it has to be changed ...

I tried to collect them and to present it on one platform... (unfortunately) it´s facebook.... ( see my signature) ... As well the Australians gave some important informations right here in advrider... )

He´s also right when he say .... worned tires are more interesting then new.... :deal

Please note ..even it doesn´t look like that .... all postings here are appreciated and will help me to understand what´s in the riders scene in different countries.
  8. loph917

loph917 Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    i've run the mitas e09 dakar 140/80-17 on my f800gs. loved the tire - it was great in all conditions. wore fast as do all true knobbies on the f800gs. i've even burnt through a heidi pretty quick. partial problem is lengthy tarmac rides to/from the dirt. that is a problem no tire manufacturer can fix for me unfortunately. another part of the problem is my inability to control my throttle hand. ok, so maybe that isn't a problem per se... :D

who are the independent dealers? i'm confused as to why mitas can't approach select venues in the us and say, "there is demand for our tires in the us and we'd like to partner with you to carry some of our product line".

motorcycle-superstore, revzilla, rockymountainatv, motosport, dennis kirk, bike bandit, etc. all big vendors with many thousands of products. i'll be honest and say i have no idea how the manufacturer/distributor/reseller relationships work but i can't believe that it is entirely a bottom up process (reseller has to seek out the manufacturer).

i'm also kind of eyeballin' that e07. i like the tread pattern; it looks as though it might do well on the street but still open enough to handle some mud; something the heidi k60 doesn't do worth a damn.
  9. Mitas

Mitas caretaker

Oddometer:
    *note*

finding a reseller is not so easy... We cannot sell for a price of a chinese tire.
  10. brownsr

brownsr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Were can I find these in Germany?
  11. Ko

Ko Observant as never

Oddometer:
    It's nice you have all that info on Facebook... luckily Facebook is not all there is :D Hence, I'd suggest doing here what you're doing there, after all the more online presence the better, although it comes at a cost for you. Allienating one group over another is more costly though :deal Word of mouth here would go a long way in making more inroads in a market which would use your tires if there was access to them.

If the following sounds silly to you, please ignore it, it' s not my area of expertise, but I'll give it a shot because I need a better selection of tires, such as the E07/10. Maybe this could be a way to convince more dealers that your tires are worth selling. For example, sponsoring some riders/clubs/events/rallies/etc with tires, and showing that your tires are longer lasting, better grip, etc, might convince dealers that people who spend over $150 for a tire such as TKC/K60 would pay the same for your tires. In the end, initially, it all comes down to money given that the brand is not all that well known by most people in North-America.

good to know... :freaky
  12. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    When I started reading this thread I was interested in their products.

Too bad getting more information and direct responses is like pulling teeth :huh

Think I'll move on :deal
  13. Mitas

Mitas caretaker

Oddometer:
    We have 6 distributors in Germany who are able to provide the tires to your dealer.
    In theory ... every dealer can order.

Reifenhandel Theobald
    Lindenstrasse 4, 97892 Kreuzwertheim

SW-Motorradreifen-Reifen Grosshandel
    Kettelerstr. 22, 97424 Schweinfurt

Renndienst Schinko
    Ruselstrasse 14a, 84149 Velden

Reifendepot RDUCH ohG
    Steffensrot 9, 52428 Juelich-Koslar

Theofried Jeckel
    Schuetzenhausstrasse 11a, 65510 Idstein

Zweiradbereifung HOHL GmbH
    Langenfelder Strasse 166, 51371 Leverkusen-Hitdorf

@Dan ... stay here and you will be informed...

@KO

it´s not silly ... we NEED to have a complete overview over all products including all technical informations..even in the U.S.

4me ... facebook is the easiest way to start.
  14. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    :snore
  15. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:

i don't think anyone expects Mitas to sell tires for the price the Chinese do.

i never said that. i just pointed out how in the 130-17" size, mefo explorers are $150 while other popular ones are $50 range. my point was hopefully seeing the E07 in 130-17" for around $100 range. I can tell that your E07 rear is your best tire for the ADV market. The 2 most important sizes are
    -130-17" (tube)
    -150-17" (tubeless)
    this covers 75% of ADV bikes used in the US.
  16. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Mitas,
    Facebook is just one of many place to market your tires. Why stick with one thing? That makes ZERO sense. We use all methods possible:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Butler-Motorcycle-Maps/108922292468278
    http://www.youtube.com/user/butlermaps
    http://twitter.com/#!/ButlerMaps
    Maybe you should take note and work on getting these tires easily available in the US!

In fact, ADV is a MUCH better place to concentrate your efforts in those tires i've mentioned above, as ADV is filled with riders actively looking for better tires.

p.s. Thanks for posting those pictures. Now let's seem them mounted on bikes!

17. Dan Alexander

Oddometer:
    I'd suggest there are a lot of riders who would be interested in 18" rears :deal

What bike has a 130/17?
  18. Chop Chop

Chop Chop Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Mitas,

When will the E-07 Dakar be released?
  19. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    true on the 18"

you serious about not knowing which bikes use 130-17"?
    dr650
    klr650
    650gs (single)
    as a whole these 3 bikes represent a HUGE chunk of the US dual sport touring market...ideal E07 candidates.
  20. Mitas

Mitas caretaker

Oddometer:
    That´s the point ...

@OffAgain .... after finishing the field tests.Scheduled for this year.