For Dads & Daughters

Discussion in 'Photos' started by dlrides, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Fireman1000

Fireman1000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My daughter's first ride outside our neighborhood took place last week. We went a short distance to a dairy farm I like to stop at and watch the sun set. Bailey absolutley loves bikes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Jonnylotto

Jonnylotto Zipper Club with Clusters

Oddometer:

The "bitterness will never go away", at least now you say, but sometime in the future, when your daughter is old enough to understand she'll start asking you questions about what happened and why. Just be honest; if you're still bitter then tell her so and why, but I get the feeling that once you're talking to her on an adult level that you'll just suck it up and let it go.

I've been there. My oldest daughter doesn't love her mother any less now but she's heard my side of the story:D
    WhereverIMayRoam likes this.
  3. dlrides

dlrides 1:1.618 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the link Mel !! I have seen a couple of them in different places. Great visual to the area's history !

When are some of you coming down to ride in our area ?
  4. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    She will remember this ride for the rest of her life. Congratulations to the both of you. :clap
  5. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Split Sole

Oddometer:
    Don, very cool and a great thread. I'm glad to hear she is showing some intrest and I know it had to make your day. :thumb

On a side note it got my son more interested in riding. He said he'd go on the next one if Erica came along. :lol3
  6. Rodzilla

Rodzilla Little short for a Stormtrooper

Oddometer:
    Wow!

Choked up for sure. Beautiful girls there gents.

My little girl turns one on July 29th (wow where did THAT year go?)

Her brother has just started burning hot-laps in the back yard on a PW-50 (he turns 4 in Oct) and has found it funny to "scare" dad by screeching into the corners really, really hot (for a P-dub with training wheels anyway)

Sister I hope will find these things fun as well. :D
  7. dlrides

dlrides 1:1.618 Supporter

Oddometer:

At least we could keep an eye on them ! I wouldn't have to ask the parents phone # either ! :rofl
  8. Joe Bar

Joe Bar Middle England

Oddometer:
    Great thread, my daughter's 11 now, and has been going out with me on the bike since she was 5. Her mother (my wife) has no interest in bikes. On longer trips Autocom is great for maintaining interest, and making sure she's ok.

Photo from a recent wet weekend in the Lake District.

[​IMG]
  9. willnevergrowup

willnevergrowup Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very cool thread! Here is mine trying to steal her 5 year old brothers bike.

[​IMG]
  10. GS Bones

GS Bones Long timer

Oddometer:

Umm....She will taking YOU for the ride!
  11. GS Bones

GS Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great thread, great pics and great story. You just created memories for her that will last forever.

Here is my "Littlest Bones" and her first real motorcycle ride. Looking forward to when she is big enough to go on rides with me on my bike.

[​IMG]

Re the bitterness issue, my two cents is this:

Bury it. Don't share the bitterness with her. It will serve no purpose other than to make her resent YOU. I know this because I have two wonderful parents (four if you include who they each married later). One of them never discussed the bitterness with me and the other one did. Guess which one I have more respect for?

Bones
  12. mark1305

mark1305 Old Enough To Know Better Supporter

Oddometer:
    All right, since everyone is throwing down, here's the one that keeps me going since we lost her mother in 2002...

[​IMG]

This pic is probably 1 1/2 to 2 years old, and I'm facing the same age challenges as dlrides. But it is worth every bit of the turmoil and challenge involved. But luckily, I've already moved into that coveted bracket where the older she becomes, the smarter I become.

We've had some great rides locally where she has seen the beauty of native Florida - and more to come.

And she has been to many track day events where I work as an instructor and she has seen other instructors (like the one that doubles up with me to trailer to the events) eat it big time, so she knows a crash isn't the end of the world (it just means you have a hell of a time cutting your steak with f*cked up hands later that evening).

And she has her own XR 80, and can ride my YSR 50 when she wants.

Life is good when you are raising a daughter around bikes.

Don, one of these days we will have to get together on a ride for the kids so they can share amongst themselves the camaraderie that we do. I'm starting to think critically about how to do something like that.
  13. Krabill

Krabill Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got to jump in here too.

She's still a little too small for her own, but that day is coming for sure . . .

Wearing dad's helmet

[​IMG]

If only she could reach the pegs :lol3

[​IMG]
    ChiriLeo and WhereverIMayRoam like this.
  14. Vinnie the Snake

Vinnie the Snake Long timer

Oddometer:
    Been toting her around on bike since she was 2, we love to ride together and after a break from bikes she now wants one so she can ride along with the old man.

I love it when she goes with me. We get to Talk!!
  15. SkiFlyRide

SkiFlyRide Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My 3 1/2 year old is going on 15 and demanding her own bike. For now, she just rides with me on short trips around the fire roads behind our house. She keeps looking to see if she can reach the pegs yet!!

Attached Files:

16. OnOff

OnOff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Almost 16 yrs have passed in the blink of an eye...
    Daughters are GREAT and it's a love that transcends written word.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    TreasureState and ChiriLeo like this.
  17. dakarboy

dakarboy ugly and stupid

Oddometer:
    in the first shot it looks like she is thinking, i know its a V65 but it cant possibly reach 165....." you both look very happy. now go buy your daughter some mx boots!
  18. GCRad1

GCRad1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Saturday April 14th, 2007
    Roxy goes on her first offroad 2Up ride with me up and over Saddleback - local mountains:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4455191&postcount=55

Roxy riding with my pops:
    [​IMG]

Lexi riding with my mom:
    [​IMG]
    She's wearing my jean jacket from when I was a kid. Has a cool Daytona 200 patch and Goodyear Eagle MX tire patch and some of my fathers airborn patches and grandpa's army-airforce patch.

[​IMG]
    My parents road from Bama to Sturgis, Yellowstone and down to Cali and back to Bama! two weeks later, back on the bikes and down to Key West. It was the coolest thing to be riding with my parents and my kids riding on their grandparents bikes!!! That was one of "those" days!!!!
    TreasureState likes this.
  19. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Split Sole

Oddometer:
    Are there lowering links on this or is she that tall? I'm 6 foot and can barely touch the ground with both feet when I have new tires on mine and it looks like I have about 100 pounds on her. :lol3
  20. Walub

Walub Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have taken my Baby Girl (almost 2)in front of my down the alley but I can't wait for her to get a little older so I can share rides with her. Brrroomm Brooom is the sound daddies motorbike makes and she has been saying that since she first started talking. I fall more and more in love with her everyday.

[​IMG]

Link to a video of her sitting on it while running. She loves bikes already. Our neighbor rides a harley which you can hear from a mile away. She always runs to the window to see it. I will have to make sure her taste leans toward adventure bikes though.
    TreasureState likes this.