Anyone from Saskatoon/Saskatchewan?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BordenBmw, Mar 29, 2011.

1. invariant

invariant Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Each week on Monday @7PM, riders from the SK dual sport club meet at the Tim's at 8th and Cumberland for a ride. If you guys want to come for a ride, all are welcome!
  2. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:

Thanks, I'll have to show up someday so I can meet you guys. On my way, pretty soon, to Hyder AK and Stewart BC. Coming back via BC Ferry to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place>Vancouver Island</st1:place> than <st1:Street><st1:address>Crowsnest Hwy</st1:address></st1:Street> back home&#8230;.:clap<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
  3. D-Fuzz

D-Fuzz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did a ride up to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska last year at this time. Beautiful country up there. Once the North gets in your blood, it is tough to shake.

There had been some chatter about some Saskatoon guys maybe doing a ride out around Diefenbaker at some point. If that comes together, I'd likely make the ride up from Regina to join up.
  4. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    Diefenbaker lake,.... sounds like it would be a nice ride. Pudhoe Bay is on my bucket list of places I want to go. Because of that, I have been following dmh65 for some time. He stopped at my place a few days ago, checkout page 14...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=668901
  5. D-Fuzz

D-Fuzz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I haven't read that RR yet, but I will be now.

I know there are plenty of incredible rides to do in the world, but for me, doing the Prudhoe Bay ride was like climb Mt. Everest. I doubt I will ever top that ride in my life. Maybe when I retire I will do the Tierra del Fuego ride, but that is a long way off yet. My favorite parts of that trip was the Top of the World Highway (on the Canadian side) and going over the Atigun Pass at midnight, in the blazing sun and being in total awe of just how gigantic everything was and how small I felt. I read lots of RRs before I left and thought I knew what to expect, but it was more than I could have imagined.
  6. DetR6oit

DetR6oit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you guys have any recommendations on where the most likely place would be to get a battery for a KTM Adventure local? Im stuck at 39th and idylwyld and I am thinking/hoping its my week old shorai battery. Bike was fine all day but stopped to eat and came out to a nearly dead bike that wont crank, dash lights are weak and a little bit of an electrical burning smell for a second.
  7. lemonhart

lemonhart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Interstate Battery on Miners Ave. should have something suitable in stock. They are about two blocks north of 51st. Street on the right hand side.
    Good-luck!
  8. DetR6oit

DetR6oit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They did have one. Bike is back up and running. Thanks.
  9. garry499

garry499 Race for food!

Oddometer:
    Moving To Saskatoon in November. Figured Id join the thred and mour with you on the comming of winter and Rejoice the spring! My Brother and I are both on '08 KLR's. See ya around!
  10. preppypyro

preppypyro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome to Saskatoon, in November! Buy yourself a sled in the meantime, it will take the edge off before next spring!
  11. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    Welcome to Saskatchewan. Saskatchewan has lots of great off-road locations. You may want to join this group of Saskatchewan Advriders.

https://groups.google.com/group/saskatchewan-dual-sport-club?hl=en
  12. dj_squelch

dj_squelch Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Another Saskatchewan rider here. Im Waayyyyyyy up in La Ronge. I`d make the trip to stoon or a ride.
  13. preppypyro

Oddometer:
    Hey guys and gals,

Anyone get out riding at all yet? I had my XT out at the end of January, and February just down the gravel roads a few times and thats about it this year. Actually the first time ever I got to ride my sled and bike on the same day! My xt is all taken apart now so I wont be able to ride for a week or two.

Any of you guys get out and about for any decent rides yet this year?
  14. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:
    I changed my oil, installed a new k&n air filter and new tires need to be installed (next month) and got the assurance on the bike yesterday but I still didn't ride because of the snow storm last night and right now it's snowing! The Saskatchewan dual sport forum has been busy everyone wants to ride and some did already in the snow! I don&#8217;t think I will be able ride until Tuesday:becca.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p>http://groups.google.com/group/saskatchewan-dual-sport-club?hl=en</o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
  15. mxbulldog

mxbulldog Braaaap!

Oddometer:
    I'm out until at least the end of April. Went out after we got the big blizzard on my sled. Found a freshly installed unmarked culvert and broke my left wrist. Totally bummed out. Coming up on 2 weeks in the cast now with roughly 4 to 6 weeks to go hopefully.
  16. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:

I broke my right wrist once and that suck (yes on the bike). But think about it could be worse... it could be both and that would really suck! All the best on you recovery; when you get better we can go for a ride to Baljennie :1drink.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  17. preppypyro

Oddometer:
    I think its cool you guys live so close to where I live! Might have to organize some kind of ride this year if anyone around stoon in here is interested.

Although Im still an "noob" :D
  18. BordenBmw

BordenBmw TheFrenchRider

Oddometer:

I"m in... just let me know when:deal
  19. invariant

invariant Adventurer

Oddometer:
  20. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    I'm not from your area, but good to see everyone hooking up.