Official - Dakar 2011 Torrent Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Brimstone, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Brimstone

Brimstone Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer:
    Howdy all!

Welcome back for another edition! So, this year did not go quite as smooth as last... Suffice to say, due to some internet politics, (PM me if you really need to know) I have been unable to get Eurosport coverage posted on a site we can all download from... That's the bad news...

The good news is that a couple of inmates have stepped up and have gratefully provided everything required to do this on our own, without relying on anyone outside the ADV community! :clap

I apologize for all of those who have PM'd me and others to get "the info" as we now need to start that process all over again... :cry

**OFFICIAL PM LIST**

GoNOW
    Brimstone
    Tiggleswerth

If others wish to help out, let GoNOW or Brimstone know and we will get you the required info, and I will add you to the list above. This way we can get as many inmates taken care of in the shortest possible time. I know you are all itching to get this going all reliable like!

Due to the new structure, I will not be posting filenames or links. If you see a Stage listed, it is available for download. See the official list above if you want access.

Current:

Destination Dakar 01
    Destination Dakar 02
    Destination Dakar 03
    Stage 01
    Stage 02
    Stage 03
    Stage 04
    Stage 05
    Stage 06
    Rest Day
    Stage 07
    Stage 08
    Stage 09
    Stage 10
    Stage 11
    Stage 12
    Stage 13
    Picture Pack Stage 01 - Stage 06
  2. Pawlie

Pawlie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Brimstone,

With your assistance I signed up at the fishy place last year and got the Eurosport coverage! Seeded for 3 weeks strait to get my ratio up. Many thanks to you for helping out .

This years Dakar stuff seems to be in a different format that I can't seem to play on my computer. Any tips on what I need to do to make this years stuff work? 2010 was avi (no problem). 2011 is mp4 or FM.mkv (no workie). I'm very computer challenged......I'm sure this is very easy for most folks.

Many thanks again for your efforts in getting the Dakar coverage out to us in need.

Pawlie
  3. Brimstone

Oddometer:
    Hey Pawlie,

Thanks for the kudos!

What are you using to play the files back with currently? The .mp4 or .mkv files play great using VLC Video Player from www.videolan.org

You can download both PC and MAC versions!

Let me know if you have any more questions!
  4. Quietus

Quietus Mariner

Oddometer:
    Hey Brimstone, I was wondering when you'll start this thread :D

If anyones needs a link feel free to contact me also and don't flood Brimstone with PMs.

@Pawlie try the VLC as said before that is a player that has embeded all the codecs or if you want to use your favorite media player try installing CCCP codec pack from http://www.cccp-project.net

Cheers!! :beer
  5. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
    VLC and uTorrent mean I actually get to watch MC racing in the US. I highly recommend both applications.
  6. Brimstone

Oddometer:
    Yep, same for Canada. OLN doesn't have anything on their site yet. They will probably air it in Feb... :rofl
  7. Pawlie

Pawlie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello Gents,

Thanks for the heads up on the VLC program. I'll give it a whirl.

Fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Pawlie
  8. Pawlie

Pawlie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well that couldn't have gone better!

I loaded up the VLC program and the 2011 stuff is working like a charm.

Bring on the Dakaro!

Thanks again to Brimstone and other computer savy addicts.

Pawlie
  9. Brimstone

Oddometer:
    Glad I could help! I do IT for a living, so I come by it honestly!
  10. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    Some preliminary short programs are up on Racing Underground. Destination Dakar 1 through 4 and some short news clips.
  11. Brimstone

Oddometer:
    Sweet! I had not seen Ep4 posted yet. My evening was cut short tonight as I had to take my son into Emerg. Case of the croop is seeing us spend the night.

I am working on a method of capturing the Canal5 and TN streams to be posted for those who are unable to watch live due to timing or filtering at work. Will keep the crowd informed!
  12. RoteEddie

RoteEddie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great stuff! Thx.
  13. doyle

Oddometer:
    Best wishes for Brimstonesons speedy recovery. Late night trips to ER are not fun with kids. Been there, done that.
  14. Buster452

Buster452 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For dealing with weird video formats. Instead of VLC, I just convert the files with Handbrake to the format I want.

This year I've been seeing some .TS file format. I just load it into Handbrake and convert it to M4V for my iphone and I can watch it both my pc and my phone.

Handbrake is free. http://handbrake.fr/
  15. doyle

Oddometer:
  16. Brimstone

Oddometer:
    Thanks Doyle!

We are back home now and he is doing much better. Relaxing on the couch with his younger brother watching Lego: The Adventures of Clutch Powers... one of their favorite movies!
  17. Brimstone

Oddometer:
    Just to fill everyone in, I have noticed that the daily coverage has only been posted to RU so far. I have a PM in with the same guy who allowed me to cross post to the other site, just waiting to get the clearance. Will update the first post when I have something for ya!

Bit of a delay, as I got what my son had and have been flat on my back for the last two days. Fever and really bad aches and pains. Still feel really bad, but good enough to type a bit...
  18. Brimstone

Oddometer:
    Opening days coverage is posted! Yeehaw! Let's kick it off!
  19. big adv

big adv I need supervision

Oddometer:
    Thanks buddy, watched it live today, but will down load and seed, the quality is better than the steaming anyways:1drink
  20. komatias

komatias Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For all those using Vuze, if you the torrents say connection error or similar, its not a tracker problem. I have had to switch to utorrent for this.

As always, keep seeding!