Best Mod ever for quick, no mess oil changes for your 9*0

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Just Paul, Jan 4, 2012.

1. knobbyjoe

knobbyjoe Adventure and dirt rider

Oddometer:
    Just because ... I sent off for CJ's hose.

+ CJ does excellent work and I will have a part that will be done right. Making these hoses seem easy but can be a PITA.
  2. SierraJeep

SierraJeep It's toast

Oddometer:
    That the other modification that they've been talking about in this thread. You have to do a little (careful) grinding of this part to make the extended hose fittings work...
    [​IMG]
  3. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    Great video Geek.:D I think they cut away just before he cursed what a pain it is to get the OVAL hose he just created into the Fitting, and the nipple into the deformed hose end now.....

W/ the correct cutter it goes much better and you end up w/ parts that fit together better and your thumb doesn't look like a pin cusion when you stick it with all those sharp stainless wires.

As for the breaded hose kits.
    My kits come w/ a clear poly covered stainless braided hose. It looks great and will keep anything rubbing against it from damage.

I could have gone w/ the Push lock rubber hose as both are plenty strong for this task, but I felt the stainless looked better for the same price. I also found a tank fitting that has a slightly larger ID for faster flow when it comes to drain time making your future services even less time consuming.

A paper template is included in the DIY kits to lay over the bracket and mark for your bracket mod.

DIY Kits started to ship out today w/ more being built and ready to ship Mon.

Thanks,
    cj
  4. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    I was going to call you this morning Craig but I needed some other stuff from Summit already so I just tacked these bits on to my order. :freaky
    BTW if you are ordering just the stuff listed; after summit racing adds on their $9.95 handling fee the total is $48.48.

You'd be an idiot not to buy one for $50 from CJ instead :D
  5. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    Like a Chisel and Vise..... :lol3 No worries buddy. :freaky
  6. Douf

Douf Limey Bitch

Oddometer:
    Eedjit? - absolutely....
    ....if you're hell bent on doing it yourself (and haven't already got one) don't forget the $50-$60 for a cheapo cutoff tool (and maybe one of those nice coiled air hoses to go with it - 'cause they look useful). :D
    Oh and having done that, you might get all excited/enthusiastic and decide there could well be a flurry of maintenance activity in the near future; so what's really required is more tool storage; how about a roll away tool chest? And doesn't that bike lift looks like an excellent companion to the tool box . Even buying the cheap Chinese knockoffs you're still looking at well over $1k.
    All in all quite an expensive mod!
    On the plus side, that old basketball goalpost that's too long to throw in the trash - and as a consequence has been laying under the deck for a year or two - is now looking decidedly vulnerable. :evil

Douf
  7. nomad18z

nomad18z Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    CJ,
    Is it to late to order one of your kits?
  8. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    I did my last "tin foil oil change" today.

I can't wait to do the next one :D

[​IMG]
  9. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:

Nope, Just send me an email through ADVrider.
  10. Rajin Cajun

Rajin Cajun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    CJ, Any chance of getting the fittings re-anodized in Orange / Black? :evil

I know I'm addicted to farkling and I cannot lie! :jump
  11. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    Maybe.....but I won't be doing another batch of Orange Ano until next months run of parts though. For the special run of these colors I'd have the bump the price up $6 each hose kit. I could offer the Tank fitting and the blug in Orange. Keep me posted and If anyone else wants this custom setup send me an email. I'd need pre-payment for the custom run.

No problem... You're not the only one, I think there might be one or two more out there too??? :D
  12. bikyto

bikyto Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer:
    Heck even though this post started because of me when Justpaul saw my bike, I might let myself tempted by an orange fitted line:D:huh:clap
  13. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    bring it over. I will install it for free (I owe ya that much)
  14. bikyto

bikyto Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer:
    :freaky I'm jet lagged and can't sleep! What am I doing in Europe at 4:30am? Advrider!!!!
    Thanks Qwik.
  15. Rajin Cajun

Rajin Cajun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds good to me! :clap Just let me know how you want to handle payment and I'll take care of it.
  16. plumbtired

plumbtired plunging into the farkle

Oddometer:
    Anyone ever thought of connecting the valve to the other end of the hose, just a thought. I'm sure those parts can be had to adapt it up, or possibly a 1/4" or smaller ball valve in pipe thread would work. Like all the attention this getting from the KTM
    DIY network. :clap :freaky :lol3 :ear
  17. Just Paul

Just Paul Pro Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    your more than welcome geek. thanks for all your posts on your adventure van thread...

you gotta stop posting that pic of you doing 100+ miles an hour on the dirt.. I do that on the dirt with the girl on the back :evil
    [​IMG]
  18. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    Uhm, Paul. thats not 100.
  19. Just Paul

Just Paul Pro Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    we were fully loaded... panniers, camping gear, food, water for 14 days.. plus that huge fu*cking windshield :rofl:rofl
  20. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Hey.. something's missing here...

I don't know which one of you hosers (pun!) bought the last RUS-670513 (black metric to AN6 convertor) but mine is on back order until mid February :patch

[​IMG]