Boise ride this weekend...

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by ryanwilliamcantrell, Oct 17, 2007.

1. HuskyGuy

HuskyGuy Tech Geek

Oddometer:
    Happy new years!! :freaky

[​IMG]
  2. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:
    Wow!!!
    Did u do the polar bear swim and go out for a ride to warm up!!??

I went skiing on NY's!!
  3. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:

That's Awesome! :clap I likey... The older I get the better that looks.
  4. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    Hey Inky... um I mean Fool Hardy just catching up and back tracking and I see you had a nice little outing. I had a TW 200 I bought new in 94, sold it in 2008 I loved that little bike, never failed me. So what up with the KLR?
  5. HuskyGuy

HuskyGuy Tech Geek

Oddometer:
    No swim but I did miss a deer by meer inches on the ride back..:knary
  6. daxm

daxm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does this mean we will see you on the road still? I thought you were out of commission due to other priorities.
  7. FoolHardy

FoolHardy Still Inky

Oddometer:

Hi Sam :wave
    The KLR is making bad sounds. It had some metal shavings in the oil, and I found the balancer adjustment bolt loose. I replaced the front balancer shaft and bearings, and the front balancer and sprocket, which took care of most of the noises. I put another fifty some miles on it and no shavings in the oil, but its making a knocking sound. After I get a few other projects done in the garage I'll tear into it. I'm hoping its the stock piston slapping in a worn out cylinder. A 685 kit would fix that right up :) I'm taking advantage of the down time to get better aquainted with the little TW. How you been?
  8. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    Well that (685) should put some life back into it for another 50K probably cheaper than a new one.... M/C that is. I am doing honky-dorry sort of speak. I haven't ridden since mid October had to dive into Moya to get some long over-due stuff done kissed a truck on a blind corner with the DRZ at around 30 mph... you know the usual stuff. giving all my money to my daughter to support her adventures around the country in quest of the right med school, etc, etc.. How about you? low profile there bud. I am going to Death Valley end of February can you come out an play for a week?

To everypone in the Boise PNW area I hope all had a wonderful Holiday and I can see some have some really nice gifts that need dirtying up :evil I got a new camera for X-mas a Nikon AW100 pretty cool. It's all I needed

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RAkmPCxcFew" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Oh, and a new helmet an Icon-Iink My Arai is about used up

What did Santa bring you? Come on Boise wake up winter bantering should now ensue.
  9. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
    Santa brought me that new modern HondaSuzukiYamahaKawasaki big bore dual sport thumper..........

Still dreamin..... :ddog:snore:rolleyes

Need to go to Death Valley now while the weather sucks up here.
  10. FoolHardy

FoolHardy Still Inky

Oddometer:
    Don't worry Ed, I'm sure it'll still suck in February. I would love to go to Death Valley with you guys, not sure if I can scrape up enough to fix the engine noise, new tires and chain and sprockets before then. I was figuring it would take me all winter to get the bike back together. Good to hear you're still in one piece :beer
  11. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:
    Well; :wink:
    life is gonna be different for sure with a Scout Camp out taking up a weekend every month and a week at Scout Camp next July... :huh but I'll still be out there!!...:clap just not as much!... :cry

I really like the Super Ten, it is such a nice ride!! but I'm keeping the KLR for the nastier places of the world... :evil
  12. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:

yup!! 685 kit... makes the KLR a much nicer bike...:D
  13. silverspurs

silverspurs why?

Oddometer:
    I need one of these in my garage!!... next bike purchase me thinks!
  14. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    Man, what are you talking about you have a perfectly good bike that TW will get you around just fine, we'll wait for you the intersections:D

Trailrider:

I am in total concurrence! I would like to go someplace NOW with some sunshine and above the present temperatures. Alas it's just not in my stars right now. I heard today from SW that there is a lot of snow down in the Owyhee's right now... but that never stopped you before.
  15. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
    What or whom is SW?
  16. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    Sierra Whisky.
  17. FoolHardy

FoolHardy Still Inky

Oddometer:
    It's a great little bike for sure! A little short legged, but easily gets through tight places, and handles sand way better than the KLR. But did you notice the butterfly stickers on it? My wife was not exactly thrilled upon seeing the last pics I posted. I mentioned to her that it would haul me around Death Valley just fine and she mentioned something about how she doesn't want HER bike to end up like my bike.:dunno
  18. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
    You mean WhiskeySierra?
  19. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:

Yea that's it. Damn I need to just shut up and go away again, crap I'm getting beat-up tonight. :mulieHell it would have just been easier to say Bob.
  20. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
    It gets pretty rough in here come winter time. :evil