KTM 690 Enduro R race prep

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Ceri JC, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Ceri JC

Ceri JC UK GSer

Oddometer:
    So, I am finally going racing with my 2013 690 Enduro R next month.

In most respects, she's good to go, but 2 things I was looking for advice on:

1) Headlight removal

I am not going to be competitive enough that the weight saving is going to make a difference, but I would ideally still like to remove the headlight, predominantly to stop it getting smashed up (as I will be returning the bike to road legal spec afterwards). Thing is, if I was to just stick a 'normal' MX cowl or similar on it, the clocks are too far forwards and will foul it. The nice man add the KTM dealership confirmed my suspicion that this was a 'known problem'. Is there any 'trick' to overcome this, or any particular headlight unit you can swap out like for like? In lieu of anything else, will duct taping the headlight up (as you do on sportsbikes on track days) make enough of a difference to be worth the effort?

2) Sidestand dummy plug.

I have acquired one of these. Where do I connect it?
    :lol3

---

Any 'must do' tips on some last minute race prep for this particular bike? I'm talking more the 'can do in your garage with cable ties' level of stuff, as opposed to spending $2000 on new fork internals type stuff at this stage. :)
  2. dirty_sanchez

dirty_sanchez Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer:
    Save your money on that sidestand bypass switch and get yourself a 2.2k ohm resister. Here in the states they come in 5 packs for a dollar.

Jump it between the pink and black wires and Bob's yer uncle!

Dirty
  3. Sp4rks

Sp4rks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

This may be an option, however, you'd have to find one for your enduro, as this one is on a 690 duke. Of course, I'm assuming by "smashed up" you mean the bulb and guard itself, not the housing.
  4. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Previous Rider

Oddometer:
    this guard worked well on mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]