Bicycle thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zodiac, Jul 10, 2006.

1. k7

k7 “Retired x OCD”

Oddometer:
    From here, it was a special feeling that I didn't expect. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

For those who have never been homologated, it means, "to approve or confirm officially." not.....you know.

:lol3

Now, if I can just get them to change my location from Canada to Estados Unidos.....
  2. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    Zat mean you don't have to do any more P-B-P qualifiers if you want to go? :ear

I just got back from 2ish hrs on the bike. 40 deg and drizzly/rainy. I kept wondering WhyTF my toes were chilly. ...then I got home and peeled off my booties (and the rest of my riding stuff) and found everything outside my base layer was soaked! :eek Aaaah that'll do it! :nod I feel very Belgian.

Fenders are a doG-send. :nod

M
  3. k7

k7 “Retired x OCD”

Oddometer:
    I know that for most 1200's, I don't need to qualify for that year if I did one in the prior year. I have no idea about PBP though.
  4. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    Next windmill to tilt at:
    [​IMG]
    Wool, mesh, base layer. I love my Garneau mesh base layer. I can only imagine that making it wool would be mo bettah.

German ebay has em for 30EUR but my German's so rusty I can't figure out if they'll ship here. :confused Nor do I know if that's a good price or not. :dunno

M
  5. HappyRiding

HappyRiding Appalachian American lost up Nort

Oddometer:
    Ask Cuttle. She can translate it for ya.
  6. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    I'm sure I can puzzle it out. My German is rusty, not non-existant. :nah

(that and I'm trying to raise fundage for the Giant I just agreed to buy, so I don't have $ to toss at baselayers)

M
  7. TheYeti

TheYeti Hard to be Humble

Oddometer:
    Well several years ago NPR did a April fools gag . They said that Canada had annnexed AZ . There were interviews
    with State dept people on both sides of the border. It was quite a gag, Maybe the Dutch thought it was true.:D

Poof your a Canadian, don't ya know! :lol3
  8. k7

k7 “Retired x OCD”

Oddometer:
    I blame it on the Dutch. :clap. They were very apologetic - yeah, being called a Canuck is beyond the pale - and will update their site and send me a new stamp for my brevet card which was returned in the mail yesterday. In the grand scheme, it's not a big deal....I was happy with the change online.
  9. Lewy

Lewy Minus the LC8

Oddometer:
    Just to warm you guys up a bit here is a ride I did today in Aus.

I was speaking to my mate Kev and we decided we needed to do a 100mile singlespeed mtb ride before we went back to work.

With riding slow singlespeeds we started at 3.30am.

Waiting for Kev to ride down the hill

[​IMG]

The Bum tree on Bolong Rd between Nowra and Gerroa.

[​IMG]

We rode the Kiama Coastal walk which is about 12kms from Gerringon to Kiama and mostly grass and sand.
    Sunrise.

[​IMG]

Playing with the Gopro.

[​IMG]

This is what most of the track is like.

[​IMG]

The beach shortcut around Warrawong. It was more pain than shortcut. 4.8kms at an avg spd of 13.2km/h and an avg HR of 161.

Kev did it easier as he weighs 70kgs and I weigh 122kgs. He would ride over sand and I would sink in.

[​IMG]

The end of the beach of pain.

[​IMG]

The Aussie standards approved straw hat.

[​IMG]

Almost the end waiting for the train at Kiama after 167kms.

[​IMG]

Then it was 8km home from the train station for 175kms all up and just over 9.5hrs in the saddle.
  10. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    :clap

Awesome.

You. Suck. (3"of snow here this morning :cry)
  11. k7

k7 “Retired x OCD”

Oddometer:
    Excellent pictures too!
  12. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
    Outstanding! :clap
  13. Chisenhallw

Chisenhallw Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer:
    We collectively hate you.

I gotta add Australia to my pedaling list.
  14. fullmonte

fullmonte Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer:
    +1 Thanks for sharing. We are on our 8th day in a row of rain here.:cry That's our winter, while most areas get snow.
  15. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    I just got back from a ride. The couch monster had me, but my riding buddy came over and pulled me out of its grasp.

Did the '4 dirt roads' loop. 1:22 of muddy, slippy, nasty, wet fun. :ricky First thing I did when I got back was hose off the bike. Second was toss the stuff I had on into the wash. I was brown from toes to thighs. Fenders make things mo bettah when its nasty out. :nod

I discovered that I'd mis-read the blurb on the PI Barrier Lite booties I ordered. Thought they were waterproof. Nope. Water resistant. No freaking WONDER my feet were wet and cold 2 days in a row! :norton on my part for not paying farging attention! Oh well. I'm still owed a pair of Tarmac booties. Here's hoping I'll see em sooner rather than later.

M
  16. Omi

Omi ssion

Oddometer:
    My neighbor gave this wheel to me, but can't remember what hub he used when he built it over 20 years ago. I can't find any markings on it. The lower half of the cassette is Dura Ace. Anybody have a clue? Whatever it is, once I clean it up it'll look and feel almost new.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. TheNedster

TheNedster Lurkapotamus

Oddometer:
    Must...remove...dork...ring...
  18. melville

melville Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like American Classic or Kingsberry USA. Also looks like a freewheel, not a cassette. Good stuff--I had trouble with a SunTour freewheel on an American Classic hub 25 years ago--if I'd left it on I'd have stripped the threads, but going to a 7S DA (like you've got on there) fixed that. 20,000ish Seattle all-weather miles on the hub with only one bearing change, and I'm going to rebuild the wheel someday.
  19. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    looks ike mavic ma40 rims, too, which are very nice light and strong.

I assume that specialized logo is on the tire and not the rim? (at the angle and depth of field, its hard to tell)

phew, thats a wide range 7-sp freewheel, looks like a 13-32 or something?
  20. Omi

Omi ssion

Oddometer:
    Yup, it's a freewheel. Just too used to say cassette. 12-32 with a box of Shimano, Suntour, and Campy gears for custom ratios. Mavic MA-40 36 hole rim w DT 15 gauge spokes w brass nips. I was thinking it is a Phil Wood or American Classic hub. I'm not familiar with Kingsberry USA.
    The guy also gave me a mid 80's Campy Record gruppo, 2 new XT 8 speed rear wheels with 4 cassettes, Ringle skewers, a big box of handlebars and stems, and about a dozen tires! He said he was too old for bikes without motors! :lol3

I have an old Paramount frame that the parts are perfect for!