Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. jay956

jay956 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    off to indy! anyone else gonna be there?
  2. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not this year. :cry
  3. pplassm

pplassm Brace for collision! 40488

Oddometer:
    Dude. NOTHING on XKCD is a joke. :evil
  4. kwn306

kwn306 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hammered us pretty good in DC, my 80+ yr old building was rocking and rolling. After OPM sent everyone home us Facilities types surveyed for damage, found four big pieces of stone lose on the top floor roof and a few stairwells with plaster damage, but there are expansion joints near the stairwells so they did there jobs. There was a power blip at the same time and it knock out our 5 chillers and cooling towers, reset and everything was back on line. My Verison cell phone was dead, but I could use my Nextel or desk phone to call a Verizon cell phone and get through, strange.....

Called my Mom on Chincoteague Island, VA and she felt nothing, my sister at Wallops Station, VA, 5 miles away said her building was really moving, so I guess the 5 miles of water in Chincoteague Bay buffered the island.

Last night @ 8:04 when the aftershock happened our Chessi woke up and started barking before Sue and I heard the noise and shake in Spotsylvania, that was spooky.

Back at work this morning to look for further damage while the rest of DOI sleeps in and does not have to come to work today :huh:huh:huh
  5. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Our older daughter sent us this picture last night. Went right over my head, but my wife figured it out immediately and called her right after she saw the picture.

Thing is, he won't be able to wear it until late April

[​IMG]

:clap
  6. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    We have a friend here in Pburg whose dog has now predicted three quakes. They said it did a strange agitated dance a day before the quake that caused the massive tsunami in the pacific, then again the day before the one in Japan last March, and then again two days ago. I told them then need to start posting that on Facebook as early warning for the world. They also need to get him to clearly state whether it is HERE or elsewhere. :rofl

All kidding aside, some animals know something and can sense things before they happen. That is what amazes me. 24 hours out Dodger knew something was going to happen.

jeff
  7. SRMN8R

SRMN8R Down & Out

Oddometer:
    :thumb:thumb:thumb

Congratulations!
  8. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    My wife says the same thing, "You know that ADV Rider site is nothing but a "motorcycle Facebook!" Ugh, I hate and badmouth Facebook way too much but yet I have a Facebook account only because Rawhyde's "Dirty Dozen" group made me open one to keep in contact...My parents and best friends don't even know it exists. I only have 5 or 6 m/c buddies...:lol2
  9. FormerInmate 081920

FormerInmate 081920 Guest

Oddometer:
    Velocity sells BMW oil filters, unless you just like to ride to F-burg :lol3
  10. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    Who's planning on going on the Morton's camping trip? I'd like to go.

September 23-25, 2011 / Let's Go Camping!

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="mso-cellspacing: 1.5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184" cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #d4d0c8">
    <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 187.5pt; HEIGHT: 199.5pt" alt="http://www.mortonsbmw.com/tent%20camping_250.jpg" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="cid:_2_0A3CC5E40A3CC210004E389F852578F6" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\esm9810\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\ clip_image001.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape>​

</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #d4d0c8">We've decided to get folks together for a motorcycle camping weekend in the mountains!

We'll be camping at the Natural Chimneys Regional Park and Campground in Augusta County, Virginia, just outside of Mt Solon and near Bridgewater on the weekend of September 23-25, 2011.
    This is a very scenic area, and the park itself is home to seven rock formations (the natural chimneys) offering a view into the geological history of the area. There are numerous Forest Service roads just to the west, which will give the GS riders plenty of opportunities to get dirty or muddy, depending on the weather. Speaking of which, this is a rain or shine event, no re-scheduling due to weather.

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #d4d0c8; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #d4d0c8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #d4d0c8" colSpan=2>We'll be using "D" loop for our camping. If you look at the map of the campground, the "D" loop is the roundish section at the upper left, plus a linear section coming off that loop. Each site has a picnic table and a fire ring, and the park people have no problem with us moving tables around as long as we put them back.
    Camping rates per night are $22 for non-EW (electric-water) sites, $30 for sites with EW, plus 5% tax. If you're tenting, you'll pay the $22 rate; if you're using a pop-up, camping trailer, or RV, you'll pay the $30 fee. You can fit two tents on most sites, and there's a maximum of four people allowed per site.
    If you'd like to join us for this fun weekend, reserve your site with the park directly. Call the park department assistant director Andy Wells at 540-245-5727 or e-mail him to make your reservation. Make sure to mention the Morton's BMW campout!
    Then, register with us so we know who's coming!
    If you've got any questions, drop Steve a note or give him a call at 540-891-9844

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
  11. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Freaking RT ..... I did not know Velosity had BMW oil filters. Thanks. I do however, like to visit Morton's and sit on the new bikes.

Eddy ..... I can not make the Morton's camping trip but I am planning on going to the Sherando Lake Rally in two weeks. Anyone heading over to Sherando Lake?
    chuck
  12. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thank you Jimmy!!
  13. teeter

teeter Frank Zappa the 6th

Oddometer:
  14. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. Smiziley

Smiziley Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anybody feel the aftershock last night? News is calling it at 4.5 magnitude.

Had the bike up on the jack with the front wheel off, luckily everything is fine.
  16. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Chuck, Preregister and save $10. Send me your $30 to my address on the registration form. Make check payable to RBMWR

j
  17. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nope. Didn't feel a thing.
  18. FormerInmate 081920

FormerInmate 081920 Guest

Oddometer:
    nope, was sound asleep :D
  19. Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sic Semper Tyrannis Plays with Banjos, Boats and Bikes...

Oddometer:
    Suppose I should lower the lift when not wrenching on it now....

ZRX at 3.5 feet has to be unstable...

Go call you agent and get a rate for EQ insurance. Your homeowners likely does not have any coverage. None of my clients ever wanted it...they do now!!!
  20. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: