2013 RMAR Rendezvous, Silverton, CO - July 25-28

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Big_John, Aug 23, 2012.

1. MountainsandRivers

MountainsandRivers loves dirty things!

Oddometer:
    I am sure attendance will not be a problem. I would consider a start time around 9 ish, because that would give time for things to wrap up at the campground, yet not be too late for those riding early the next day. Friday night seemed to have things wind down earlier at the campground and more people headed into town, vs Saturday where things ran longer with the denoobing Eat it, Drink it deal and slideshow. Just my 2 cents, but Friday might be the better night.
    And yes, he speaks the truth about his efforts in trail clearing! A lot of the singletrack in the region would not be nearly as rideable if it weren't for Enduro-ince and the guys at PAPA, so even more reason to support him this night!
  2. enduro-ince

enduro-ince dirtslave

Oddometer:
    Good to know about the friday vs saturday thing. I'm in no hurry to book so lets get a consensus on what night RMAR folks would prefer. And just so its clear I'm not doing this to make money. We rarely get to play Silverton cuz most venues will only pay for a three piece or smaller band of usually mediocre quality. This is a good opportunity for us to play a quality show there, but I do have to pay my boys so they go home with more $ in their pocket than when they left. Course I could just do it myself for free if you guys wanna hear three hours of bass solos:lol3
  3. Gitana

Gitana A work in progress

Oddometer:
    If you can play like this guy, bass solos wouldn't be bad at all. :lol3

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GUwgCYF7ULs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  4. enduro-ince

enduro-ince dirtslave

Oddometer:
    :lol3

Even as a bass player I can only take about a minute of that.:lol3
  5. enduro-ince

enduro-ince dirtslave

Oddometer:
  6. Big_John

Big_John That'll be the day

Oddometer:

I am really glad you brought this up..... RMAR will be supporting PAPA this year, along with half a dozen other Trail Clubs across the state of Colorado. We will still contribute to COHVCO and the TPA, but as our donation fund grows, the money will go to the local clubs that bust their asses on the trail work.

Here is a blurb......

PAPA is a regional recreation group that supports and champions access and responsible use of public lands, and encourages individual environmental stewardship. PAPA represents individuals, organizations and business members.
    Our Mission
    The Public Access Preservation Association (PAPA) promotes balanced, unbiased, responsible use of public lands in collaboration with recreational users of all interests (hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, horseback riding, back country skiing, hunting, trail motorcycling, para-sailing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, ATV riding), advocating respect, education and conservation of the environment.

Public Access Preservation Association P.O. Box 4220
    Telluride, CO 81435
    Phone: (970) 708-0644
    Email: info@papatelluride.org
    http://papatelluride.org/

7. enduro-ince

enduro-ince dirtslave

Oddometer:
    OK so it turns out Friday night is better for the Grand Emperial folks so we booked it for then. Done deal. Another bonus is folks could probably crawl from the GE to the campground if needed.:lol3
  8. Big_John

Oddometer:

Friday night is the best night. We should be finished with food and some of the door prizes by no later than 7-8pm.

Count me in....I will wander over to wet my whistle and hear the awesome tunes!!!! Can't wait!!!!

By the way....is there a website or facebook page for the band?

9. enduro-ince

enduro-ince dirtslave

Oddometer:
    The myspace page I linked above is all we really have now, theres about 15 tunes on there to check out.
    But there is this old video, that could use some views and "likes" if your inclined.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PtQrN3OxXE

the vid is from when were just a 5 piece.

Should be a fun time, we'll bust out our Warpigs reggae version for the headbangers!
  10. CaptRick

CaptRick Still crazy..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well I added Tues night night today just for the hell of it
    Friday night live music! Yea!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  11. Davidjohnson

Davidjohnson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Reading thru this thread it sounds like this gathering is really shaping up. Love the area.

I made it to the RMAR two years ago at Saguache sp? Rode around with the AARP guys and had a great time.

BigJohn you are doing a great job (as usual). Count me in. Does the website have the registration/payment stuff on it
    yet?

Count me in for the band gig too.

David
  12. Gitana

Gitana A work in progress

Oddometer:
    So do we send song requests in advance? :lol3
  13. Lance Hardwud

Lance Hardwud Long timer

Oddometer:
    I met a few of you last year when I was staying in Silverton, the event looked like fun. I think this year I would like to partake in the fun and rides! I'll give Jim a call and see if he has any rv sites available and do the whole week.
  14. MountainsandRivers

MountainsandRivers loves dirty things!

Oddometer:
    I already asked for Freebird and Stairway to Heaven...that should cover the first set! :lol3
    Honestly, they are a very solid band. I remember being very surprised by a jazzy Sublime cover when I saw them in Montrose...

Big John, as stated in some of my earlier posts, I am really wanting to lead a ride over to the Rico area this year and hit some of the lesser known trails. My reasons are to show others some of the awesomeness they might not be aware of, but so they can also understand more how good the area is when they see it under attack for closures. If I were to lead a small ride over there, would it be out of line to have everyone who does it donate at least $10 to PAPA since they work directly with keeping those trails clear? I have rode the Rocky Mtn Monkeybutt500 the last three years, and they have had a rule to do at least one trail work day and to basically have a COHVCO (or similar if out of state) membership to be able to ride. I thought about continuing the concept for this, but didn't want to overstep bounds..let me know your thoughts...
    The snow sucks right now over here, so just getting eager for a kick ass summer!
  15. Big_John

Oddometer:

The riding over their is phenomenal! If anyone if bringing a plated trail bike, I highly recommend the Delores/Rico area.

Just so everyone knows, the PAPA and SJTR'S riding clubs are joining us Saturday night for a steak dinner and RMAR will be presenting them each with a big check for more trail work and advocacy.

16. WildTurkey

WildTurkey Beast Master

Oddometer:
    WildTurkeys are locked into room #9 this year since some joker bogarted our last year room #8 for only 1 night 7/27. Whoever that is, if you're ADV you are forewarned that CaptRick shares a wall with you and you will lose a ton of sleep due to the constant string of women in and out of that room and all the whoopin' and hollerin' and headboard banging that goes along with any of the Captain's frolicking.

If you want to trade for #9 and a little more peace and quiet at 2am, feel free to PM me :D

Tapatalk Tabletized
  17. Big_John

Oddometer:

Very nice.....you guys are talented.....

http://funkdafari.com/

Friday night will be fun!!!!

Just posted the video on the RMAR Facebook Page.

18. LuluOfDenver

LuluOfDenver The peanut gallery.

Oddometer:
    Awesome. Thanks for inviting them and doing that!
  19. enduro-ince

enduro-ince dirtslave

Oddometer:
    That is awesome! Thanks for thinking of the local folks!!
  20. notsofastdavid

notsofastdavid Kinda Fast..........

Oddometer:
    Just to the right of the John Burch Society
    I'm in, me plus boss wife and 6 little white dogs. Bringing the V=Strom again plus my new WR450F for the single trac. Already booked RV spot for the week.