F800GS Exhaust Pipes

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by moto73, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Gangplank

Gangplank Advenchaintourer

Oddometer:
    I guess your right. Hmm....
  2. alexcorral

alexcorral Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know it exists... I've seen pictures of it. I just can't find it listed for an F800GS application :cry
  3. Singletrack_mind

Singletrack_mind Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. markymcd

markymcd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Finally!!!!! got rid of that piece of crap stock can. Beowulf has an infinite variety (maybe a bit of an exageration) of options to choose from.

Here's mine: (Oval, stainless, black [powder coated], carbon end cap)... best description of the sound is a deep growl.

cheers,
    Mark

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Motoriley

Motoriley Still riding like crap after all these years.

Oddometer:
    Nice can but does it need repacking? I see on the site there is a removable baffle.
  6. markymcd

Oddometer:
    I have my baffle out and it's awesome... as far as the packing here's my response from Beowulf:

Yes, the silencer does contain packing. Generally, no repacking is required. If the need should arise, this is covered by your Lifetime Guarantee.
  7. Motoriley

Motoriley Still riding like crap after all these years.

Oddometer:
    Got the same answer from them as well so they are consistant!!
    Did you order direct from them? Is that the 450mm ?

8. markymcd

Oddometer:
    Yes I ordered direct. Shipping took about 10 days and had to pay import duty (about $35).

Overall an amazing value for a high quality muffler.
  9. Gangplank

Oddometer:
  10. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    :tb

I want one!

Jim :brow
  11. markymcd

Oddometer:

Very close... same can but the 380mm length (same price too):

http://beowulf-performance-products.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=3696&catid=246

cost was 205 (UK Pounds) plus 40 (UK Pounds) international shipping. took under 10 biz days. Top quality product for a damn good price. Lifetime warrantee too. I'm running it without the baffle and man it sounds mean.
  12. nosha

nosha Adventurer

Oddometer:
    MANY thanks to all you guys 'Over the pond' for ALL your comments, as a new owner who's very pleased with his new bike; but was just a little disappointed with the twin cylinder exhaust note - sounds fantastic on tickover, but is lost at speed.

So thanks to your recommendations I've just ordered a 380mm oval polished Beowulf, the guys on the UKGSer site also like them and for something with a lifetime g/tee so cheap!! (If you tell them you are UKGSer club members they'll give you a 10% discount!).

Thanks once again!
  13. RAD800

RAD800 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone with a Beowulf think it will work with a balanced pannier rack, i havn't seen any rear on pics of one and am trying o work out if its narrow enough.:scratch
  14. timmo29

timmo29 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry G, I've been waaaay off the radar for a while! Yeah, this is the 380mm version. I have to say having had it on the bike for a couple of months now, it was a great choice. I couldn't be happier with it.
  15. Chop Chop

Chop Chop Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have an oval model and it is just under 100mm across. Can't post any pics as still waiting for bike delivery. Total weight for 380mm ti with all supplied bits is just under 2.2kg
  16. nosha

nosha Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The Beowulf arrived in just TWO days! Superb finish and sound! I bought the oval can which is slimmer than standard with more leg room/space from the hot silencer.

I don't know if this helps regarding the pannier question, but the std is 140mm wide and the oval 100mm, when stood behind the bike it is now not as wide as the seat bodywork. If you need pic's I will try in the daylight!
  17. Gangplank

Oddometer:
    Please post some up when you have a chance. I'm considering the black, oval stainless and would love to see it on the bike.

What size did you order the regular or 380mm stubby? Does it clear the blinker?
  18. RAD800

RAD800 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply, if its narrower than the tank i think i should be right.
    Now where's their online store...:ricky
  19. rogersboyz

rogersboyz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How do these two setups compare? Is the Remus tucked in? ...is it better protected? ...louder? It seems like all the chat about exhaust is based on cosmetics, and it's all for two horsepower or less. I would rather have the HP of a cleaner system, and the lower noise of the stock can. Has anybody tried this?

Thanks.
  20. Gangplank

Oddometer:

The F800GS (and many other EU bikes like the Aprilia Shiver, etc.) have very efficient and very light cat converters. In years past the cat was in the tail pipe like on my old F650GS. On this bike and many others it is in the midpipe or built onto the header.

Basically if it is light and efficient there is no real reason to remove it unless you feel 2 added HP is worth the $$ spent. That said, the big ass stainless pipe on our bikes that sounds like a box of whasps at speed is heavy, bulky and looks like an industrial oxygen tank. Loosing 8-12 LBS off the back of the bike up high is what 2-3% weight reduction? if you gain 2 HP that is 2.5% gain in HP.

In my opinion dropping weight off the bike is just the same as gaining HP. You get it accross the board and not at one peak point in the power band. So for my $$ I'll pay a few bucks to change the look, sound and lose the weight. As long as I don't have to repack the pipe every year it is a win-win. If I happen to gain 1 or 2 HP by getting a more efficient pipe too even better.

If you like the look & sound of the stock pipe and can find somewhere else on the bike or your person to loose 10 lbs. That is just as good.