FrankenStein and other Freaks- Motorcycle Monsters

Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by Motomochila, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Kai Ju

Kai Ju Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I get that more often than I should expect to, especially since that article was published in July of 1991. It was Motorcyclist though, not Cycle World.
    Good eye though since the bike changed color since then.
  2. Fubars

Fubars What would Scoobydo?

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  3. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    no no..they used this pic from the fast dates calander in a add if i remember :D

[​IMG]
  4. Mike_drz

Mike_drz Banned

Oddometer:
    Underseat radiator and dry sum tank, are awsome. please keep them coming :clap:freaky
  5. Motomochila

Motomochila Moto Scientist and time traveler

Oddometer:
    Its been a few weeks since I posted about my own "Freaks" progress..so here's a bit of candy for those of you whom are interested. I'm working on three monsters at the same time since parts searching on flea-bay tends to take some time. It seems it would be easier to rob graves.

This is what Frankenstein Started out as
    [​IMG]

This is how it looks today. 1999 CB 600 F2 wheels with 1985 cush hub to allow fitment in stock swing-arm, machined .0030, sprocket machined down to accept 520 chain. 2005 CB 600 F4 rear shock is currently being fabbed to fit. Front- 2001 CB F3 forks with F# calipers mater to F2 wheel. Minor machining to spacers to turn smoothly, Triple clamps are custom machines using stock XR bearing set and stem.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Freak # 2- The Barnsdorffer Special. Don't ask about the name. It just showed up in my head, so I found something and came up with a concept. Still not sure why. Created this to start my project.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2006 Honda XR 650 L

[​IMG]

Here she is today. By the time you see these pics, it will now be a "hard-tail" instead of suspended. [​IMG]

Front forks from my XR 650R with machined triple clamps. Rad Eagle Wheels mated to 18" Excels. Tires are Coker "Firestone Indian's". Motor cases have been ground to remove any logo or emblem and are now black crinkle powder coated. I am in the process of adding fins to the head and cylinder, then they will be black with the edges ground. Engine mods are stage-2 cam and porting, piston, and Falicon rod with balanced crank. Pics coming in a week or so. The next phase of this one will be veeery interesting.

1972 Yamaha XS 650- Shell Thuet 750 Track-Master Framed Street Tracker
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I bought this motor in a stock framed Street Tracker conversion from a Full race bike. I ran it about 110-115 mph- with not front brake on the street until the butt pucker got ahold of me. Updates as soon as I get the swing-arm and wheel set fabbed.

Hoping this gets others going. I know there are more of us.
  6. jesusgatos

jesusgatos fishing with dynamite

Oddometer:
    Dunno how I missed this forum, but glad I finally found it! Can't wait to see what you've got planned for that 650L. Building a few XR600/650L's right now too. But haven't been able to spend much time working on them lately - too busy working on my motorhome and launching the GatosBros product line. Have a few build threads that I started over in the thumper forum.

XRamblers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

XR250 / CRF trailbike

[​IMG]
  7. jimmyx

jimmyx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's a couple of freaky older bikes my buddy Stan built. The first is a '78 xt500 with a yz490 suspension, forks ,swingarm, mono-shock, exhuast up under rear fender. The next is a '86 ty350 trials .:puke1 I love this shit. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. jimmyx

jimmyx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :freaky
  9. Motomochila

Oddometer:
    New parts arrived and I am dilligently moving forward with the "Barnsdorffer Special", formally a 2006 Honda 650L. WTF is a name like that? I was called Barnsdorffer in highschool. Hated it then. What better for a freak bike...

[​IMG]

Remember this WAS a 2006 Honda XR650L
    [​IMG]

Just a few changes...
    [​IMG]

Tank is off a Rebel . Forks are stock XR650R. Clamps are Applied Racing. Wheels are RAD Racing 18 inch x 2.15 with Excel wheels. Tires- Coker "Indian's"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Closer next week.
  10. Motomochila

Oddometer:
    Moving forward on FrankenStein, pronounced: Fronk-in-Steene for legal purposes. Hey you don't want to piss off the Germans, or the Austrians, or whomever made the movie. TrackMaster Triple Clamps made and hopefully a complete front end by next week.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, here where I am so far; My 2000 Honda XR 650R bought new in 2000, with the following parts carefully disected from donor bikes found in graveyards. 1999 CB 600 F-2 wheels mated to 1985 cush hub, machined to fit. 2004 CB F-4 forks and Calipers, 2006 CB F-4 rear shock in place of stock. Sub Frame is currently from a 2006 Honda CR450X, I need a place to store the battery, Seat isn't designed yet. Tank will remain stock but radiator shrouds will be cut to allow for modified exhaust running under frame and mated to "Yosh" Tri-Oval. Radiators will need to be shortened and made thicker to get the same cooling capicity. Next on the list is a Euro-650R electric starter assembly-frickin' expensive but will be worth the money in the end. Anybody have an extra Euro case set for sale- I'm in need. FrankeStein would be so much better with electrics. Stator has been done by Ricky-Stator so juice shouldn't be a problem. More pics as I get closer.

[​IMG]
  11. eternalRider

eternalRider Ride to Live!

Oddometer:
    does this count its a 03 ninja 250 with 11 in ground clearance. it was not finished but it was my daily driver so much fun. it got stolen:(:[​IMG]
  12. sailah

sailah Lampin' it

Oddometer:
    How about a Li Ion right on top of the transmission clocked sideways under the carb? They are tiny and super light
  13. Motomochila

Oddometer:
    Thought about that but I'm adding a starter off a euro 650R and it fills that space, so a 450X tail with a battery box should handle a Shorai plus all the ignition doo-dads.
  14. Motomochila

Oddometer:
    Anything counts when you steal parts from bike to make your monster. Did you ride it in the dirt? Pics?
  15. Motomochila

Oddometer:
    So..another of my little freaks gets closer to completion. 2006 XR 650L conversion to hard tail Super Single cruiser. The dummy motor is installed for pipe and other fitments, shocks for the seat, copper fenders, and tank cut and welded from a Honda Rebel. And yep, they're real copper from 7 Metal West
    . [​IMG]

Headlight off an old Dodge or Chrysler...
    [​IMG]

Copper Fenders and Copper shocks
    [​IMG]

No work over the Xmas holidays but it should be ready to install the motor by first week in January.....if my engine builder gets off his Keester.
  16. JagLite

JagLite Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looking fantastic! :clap
  17. CoyoteCowboy

CoyoteCowboy Easily Distracted

Oddometer:
    Nice work! What other goodies ya got hiding in there? I spy an A-bone with a blown flattie and a Tony Nancy carb topper? Chev p/u on the right and can't really tell whats in the back, but it looks to be sporting a blower motor as well! :wink:
  18. Scootern29

Scootern29 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I built this especially for the CZ World MX Championships in the early 90's. Husky chassis with a 380 CZ motor stuffed in it. Custom pipe and it kicked ass.

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  19. Motomochila

Oddometer:
    I walk by them every day and do not see anything but scrap metal. Sorry, I'm a motohead. Cages to me are like that fat girl in the marching band back in high school. Nobody ever pays attention. :lol3 But there are people willing to pay for that stuff too. Both the rods, and the girl. Whatever you fancy, and pocketbook, we can make it.
  20. bk brkr baker

bk brkr baker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not mine , it's for sale in Tucson. I'd guess it qualifies as a freak.

[​IMG]