The rarest, most unusual bike you've ever OWNED

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Al Goodwin, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Tinker1980

Tinker1980 Doesn't ask why, only asks how

Oddometer:
    I have a functioning '77 Husqvarna WR 250. Starts second kick. Corners better than you'd think. Stupidly fast. Brakes leave something to be desired. I've never, in person, even seen pieces of another one.

[​IMG]
  2. jehu

jehu ∩HƏſ Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. Schmittenhymer

Schmittenhymer Northern Gravelholic

Oddometer:
    1979 Honda CBX: Amazing sounding engine wrapped in a plastic frame.
    Not my pic, but it was identical (except for the crash bars).
    [​IMG]
  4. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    I remember that the last of the CBXs sat in warehouses for years, and were sold at deep discount. They were the ones that came with the small side cases.
  5. rufus

rufus We're burning daylight...

Oddometer:
    TACO mini bike.

Kamasura 250.
  6. Schmittenhymer

Schmittenhymer Northern Gravelholic

Oddometer:
    Maybe it was the color???

[​IMG]
  7. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    There was also a silver one with a black/red stripe that was better looking.
  8. O.C.F.RIDER

O.C.F.RIDER Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer:
    I remember getting a ride on the very first one in North Jersey, I came back sort of pale, and boldly stated................."This is the worst handling piece of shit I've ever had the displeasure of riding, it makes a Z1 seem tight. It certainly does sound good though!"

PS. I was weened on Ducati 750's. :evil

Chris
  9. O.C.F.RIDER

Oddometer:
    Hmm, I guess I should put my old beater in........................
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I uncrated it when I was 16 (Dad's bike), and been riding it since I was 17. 37 years, and I still smile like that 16 year old so many years ago did, when I ride it!
    Hopefully Dad smiles too.

Merry Christmas!
    Chris
    Steve G. likes this.
  10. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here,,,you win this thread IMO,,,by rarity/exclusivity/eye candy basis. Anyone who understands motorcycles, ALL motorcycles, knows this.
    We can continue now,,,,
  11. O.C.F.RIDER

Oddometer:
    Thanks Steve!
    Having had the good fortune of my Dad owning a Euro-only bike shop, I got to ride, and own, some very cool stuff. I owned a '74 Ducati 750 Sport, '66 250 Mk.III, and a '80 900 SS. I've gotten to ride almost everything, except (sadly) a Bimota. I raced, and wrecked, a 900 NCR. Got to ride a Munch Mammot. YUCK! Countless other cool bikes, including RC30's, RG's, RZ's, OW01, Krauser MKM1000, on & on.
    But with all the rare & cool stuff that was there, I always had a soft spot in my head for the MV. The history, the look, and OH that sound. Every time I throw a leg over it it's something special. If you ever hear that it's for sale, that means I checked out and it's Garage Sale time Mrs. OCF.

Chris
  12. hippiebrian

hippiebrian Long timer

Oddometer:
    My first bike, at 13, was a Rickman Zundap 125. Rode the crap out of it, rode it on the street when I got my liscence. Gave it to my cousin when I joined the navy...I'm such a dumbass! Man, I wish I stll had that bike! Don't have a picture of my particular bike, but it was just like this one:

[​IMG]
  13. Coastalcop

Coastalcop Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gilera rally 250. tons of fun and rare to me, though at the time I wanted a Cagiva Elefant
  14. isdt BMW

isdt BMW willserv@aol.com

Oddometer:
    Oh Boy, I buy and sell a few, but Had a 29 Henderson KJ for years, 57 Horex 350 enduro supposedly only 18 made it to the USA, 37 BMW R-17 Sport, only 100 made in 37. Still have 1909 Neckarsulm 554cc 2 dpeed deluxe (two known), 1915 Austro Omega V-twin 2 speed (no others known) 1950 Horex works racer ridden by Friedl Schoen (one of two, other one lost to a fire in the fifties) My first street bike a 69 R-69-US BMW, still in my garage first dirt new dirt bike a 73 Husky 250 CR resides in a friends garage and he isn't ready to sell it back to me. First new street bike still with me, a 78 BMW R-100-S Motorsport (Not a RS) was told only 66 of the S were made
    David4 likes this.
  15. Scootern29

Scootern29 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just found this thread. I'll throw in a couple.

1976 MX125C. These are very scarce, somewhat rare anymore. This sits in my sun room.

[​IMG]

1968 MZ 250 ISDT bike. They only made I think 134 of these over a two year period. Pretty rare I would say. I bought this years ago out here in the dezert. I have no idea how it ever got here but it did. This was just sold to a collector in Germany a couple of years ago.

[​IMG]

Unusual? This is somewhat unusual. Mid 80's Husky chassis with a 380 CZ motor stuffed in it for the CZ World Championships. It was cool.

[​IMG]
  16. r77toy

r77toy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did that MZ have a 7 speed trans?
    I had a chance to buy one in the mid '70s for something like $50 with a broken kicker shaft.
  17. Scootern29

Scootern29 Long timer

Oddometer:
    No, it was a four speed. I bought that one for $50 and cleaned the points. It fired right up and ran fine.
  18. advNZer?

advNZer? Long timer

Oddometer:

the touring ones were detuned from the original.Everyone says how bad handling they were,but they werent THAT bad.My mate had one,I had a CB900 We often swapped,the cbx wasnt as good as the cb900 but you had to be riding pretty hard to start to find fault with the cbx.The motor was a gem though
  19. Donkey Hotey

Donkey Hotey De Jo Momma

Oddometer:
    THAT is just all kinds of cool. What a lucky find. Don't know that I could have sold it. Wow.
  20. advNZer?

advNZer? Long timer

Oddometer:
    look at the enclosed chain,an enclosed o ring chain would last forever!