Video game addicts...

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by EvilGenius, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Dismount

Dismount Dagnabit billy

Oddometer:
    I've been playing the firefall beta. it's actually fun. which surprised the hell out of me. At least with friends anyway.

And supposedly will be free to play. sweet.:clap
  2. tommyg

tommyg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just picked up dead space 3, great sci fi game. Great atmosphere, thinks aliens meets event horizon with a little pandorm mixed in. Picks up after 2. I feel that other than a few online shooters the dead space series are the best games on the ps3 or xbox.
  3. ScorpioVI

ScorpioVI Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer:
    Anybody here playing Planetside 2?

I spent $1500 on a gaming rig just to play this game. I haven't had a gaming PC in over a decade but when I saw the reviews and footage of Planetside 2 I had to get it. This game is so epic.
  4. YakSpout

YakSpout Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer:
    Yep. Mentioned it a few pages back, but nobody else said there were playing it.

I'm TR on SolTech. Playername: YakSpout (surprise!)
  5. Uncle Pollo

Uncle Pollo Bad Hombre

Oddometer:
    i bought a wii. the force unleashed is kicking my butt. i am a dork. i never thought i would break a sweat playing nintendo.
  6. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    Great game on XBox, what are the controls like on Wii? Do you have to do physical gestures for the moves?
  7. Uncle Pollo

Uncle Pollo Bad Hombre

Oddometer:
    i probably look like the fat kid on that video .... but i play with also a 5 pound weight in each hand
  8. Jonnylotto

Jonnylotto Zipper Club with Clusters

Oddometer:
    Don't ever let go of anything while playing. :lol3
  9. ScorpioVI

Oddometer:

I'm playing NC in Helios.

The game has such a steep learning curve but holy crap it's all kinds of fun. Within the 10 minutes I got squadded with a platoon of tanks. I hopped into somebody's tank to AG for them. It was like an old school Command and Conquer tank rush, only the tanks were manned by individual players. The amount of players and action was just plain ridiculous. So confusing but so awesome.

Last night I got squadded in with an awesome crew. All we were doing was doing sneak attacks behind enemy lines, capturing unmanned bases. A dozen guys load up in a Galaxy, sneak around the front lines and hit them from the rear. Deploy, capture, back in the Galaxy and head for the next base. If the Galaxy gets blown up one of the infiltrators hacks a terminal and gets us a Sunderer to plod around in. I've never seen that kind of teamwork in a game before.
  10. RxZ

RxZ Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer:
    So, a friend of mine is wanting us to get a racing game for the XBox to play online. I am thinking Forza 4 since it has been out 1.5 years now and should be found pretty cheap for what was reviewed as a good game. Is that the route we should go? Or are there better racers out there :ear
  11. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    I like the Dirt series myself.
  12. YakSpout

Oddometer:
    Massive battles at The Crown are insane, but I like the sneaky behind-the-lanes caps, too. :freaky
  13. ScorpioVI

Oddometer:

I need to go to flight school. I like flying around but gravity doesn't like me. :rofl I somehow managed to flip a Reaver upside down while on the ground last night. There should be an achievement for that.
  14. YakSpout

Oddometer:
    :clap Well done, sir!

Flying definitely takes practice. Fly around inside the warpgate where you can't take damage or inflict damage on friendlies. It's a decent place to learn.
  15. SJSharkfan

SJSharkfan Long timer

Oddometer:

Forza 4 is pretty good. It tries to be a"real" simulation game. Personally I like tweaking the settings and upgrading to dial in my cars. If you end up getting it let me know. I have millions of $$$ and a ton of cars. I can send you a few cars to get you started. Ya, I played it way to much.

The new Forza "Horizon" game is totally different. More cartoony, but fun if you just want to rip around in a free environment.

If money is a concern get Forza 3. Not a huge difference to 4.
  16. RUOK

RUOK no, no I guess not

Oddometer:
    Is it just me? but Borderlands 2 is kicking my ass. I thought this game was supposed to be fun, I can't remember when I've been so close to flinging a controller across the room :baldy I'm playing as Zero and have got to level 18 but where are the kick-ass guns I hear about, I've died more in this game than in 2 play-throughs of Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined. I guess I am not Dragonslaying legend I thought I was :lol3 Seriously though I'm almost ready to quit. Am I the only one having a hard time?
  17. DNFjoe

DNFjoe Did Not Finnish

Oddometer:
    What system are you playing on?

I played it alone for a while and hit some areas I could not clear by myself. I opened the game to public and had some strangers drop in and lighten my struggles. I made some friends along the way they have hooked me up with weapons and gear. I now find it more fun to coop play than going solo.

Try it out online.

Joe
  18. RUOK

RUOK no, no I guess not

Oddometer:
    Xbox 360
    I really prefer playing solo, but get the impression this game is more geared for coop play. There's a lot of places I'm having fun, but there's others I seem to be having a hard time getting through without a high rate of dying. Thinking about restarting as the commando, the turrets look like they could be helpful.
  19. ScorpioVI

Oddometer:

Much like in real life, some experiences are better with friends. :rofl

I've had 4 months of hilarity playing Borderlands 2 with friends, real life friends that is.
  20. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I play Borderlands 2 on the PC.....Zero is the toughest toon to play in the game, because he doesn't get any self heal skills until tier 3 or 4 in his skill tree. Axton is easier to play and, if you have the DLC, Gaige is so OP that it's easy. And yes, it's even more fun to play in co-op....the baddies get harder and the loot gets better.