Indiana Ride Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by tpar1220, Jan 2, 2009.

1. dmay

dmay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tw200's are actually being considered,quite a change from my plated KTM 380exc days...

Such is life,when you start dreaming about grandpa bikes...
  2. metalmaster

metalmaster adventure dreamer

Oddometer:
    Made it out for an actual ride today. Checked the weather and it was a sweltering 42 degrees.

Before.

[​IMG]

My son and I headed out to my parent's farm (2 up) for some off-roading. When we got there we found that it was a little muddier than we anticipated and promptly dumped the bike. No injuries, no damage, also sadly no pics of it. We wouldn't be doing any more of that as he was going to be riding a quad.

Farmland.

[​IMG]

Water crossing.

[​IMG]

My son, covered head to toe in mud.

[​IMG]

Seriously muddy field with several rampable terraces.

[​IMG]

After.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was fun.
  3. TooSlow4U

TooSlow4U 2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Oddometer:
    We made it through another EPIC ride today. This was my first time riding down at Interlake (or Spurgeon/Lynnville as it's also called) Eight of us riding the whole day and no breakdowns and no major crashes and noone drew any blood....except for me. Doggone pricker bush reached out and grabbed my nose it got it bleedin' like a stuck pig. It was a muddy mess trying to get my 2WD Explorer back to the parking lot. but we made it. Had a great time riding and looking forward to heading back down that way again sometime when things dry up just a tad...

How things looked this morning....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our friend Corey's new (to him) KTM 520EXC. He was having fun playing in the rock garden...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ryan buried in a deep water/mud/ice hole...
    [​IMG]

TooSlow's XR400R covered in mud...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wasn't able to get any good pics of anybody on the ground. Very few get-offs happening and when they did happen, I couldn't get the camera out and turned on quick enough to snap a pic.

As I was riding throughout the day, my thoughts kept coming back to the discussions here of bike heights, suspension and power. My end thought about the whole ordeal is this... I love that XR400 I'm on now! Other than the lack of electric start (which will be dealt with soon enough) this bike is the ultimate machine for the kind of riding that I like to do. Plush suspension, comfy seat and enough power to get you out of most any jam that I've been able to encounter. Up hills it's closer to a tractor than a motorcycle. Chugs right through, up & over about anything you can throw at it. Lovin' It!!
  4. WRyan450

WRyan450 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Twas a blast! No real wrecks, just the occasional wash-out. Climbed some hills, wallered in some holes, CHASED SOME DEER, & seen some stuff like watching a 04 Merc Sable drive where no Merc has been before. Not alot of pics taken on my end... except for a select few that I HAD to get. If anyone out there has ever wanted to see 2slow with a bloody nose... This ones for you!
    [​IMG]
    Closer you say... OK
    [​IMG]
    I know its a "bush" wound but hey its still funny.
    Here's one of my wife Kayla all bundled up and having a blast on her quad. Her sister Kenna (Adam's G/F) is behind her. She learned to shift gears today!!!
    [​IMG]
    And lastly here is Kayla playing around in the mud.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHils4VgxuQ

I STILL CANT GET THESE DANG THINGS TO UPLOAD RIGHT VIA YOUTUBE! VERY FRUSTRATING
    </EMBED></IFRAME>
  5. oPAULo

oPAULo jack of all terrain Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like fun!!! Sorry I missed this one.

Copy and paste the embed code.
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JHils4VgxuQ" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>
    I can do it from my phone.
  6. RedBirdStation

RedBirdStation Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like a blast out there today.

But like always, I was working on the building and no time to play. But got the insulation in the ceiling today and will have the inside of the shop finished this week. Gas company will be here to drop off my propane tank in the morning. So I will be able to get out there and play some now.

There were several out at Redbird today, Header stopped by to say hi as did others that I didn't know yet.
  7. header

header Chris

Oddometer:
    You're hard work has been paying off Kenny, that buildings looking good :thumb

I stayed about another hour after I stopped by your place, I lost a rear wheel bearing towards the end nothing catastrophic though. But I did run out of gas out behind the power line hills. Im not used to running that stock tank so I didn't know how much of a range I had, im used to just looking down :lol3. Apparently I don't have a functioning reserve on that petcock either...

Ill stop in next time im out there.
  8. TooSlow4U

Oddometer:
    Yes, a '05 or newer TRX400EX motor with the e-start and retreat option sure would be handier than a pocket on a t-shirt. The bike is not hard to kick start, under most conditions, but I always seem to kill it at the worse locations and end up wrestling the thing around just so I can reach the ground to kick it over and get it fired up again. I watched time after time, Corey (520EXC) & Ryan (WR450) both get into a situation, stall it, hit the magic button and never have to lift their feet off the pegs and just keep right on truckin' up a hill or whatever. Like I said...the magic button on the HonDeere would be such a handy option to have. The retreat option of the '05 and newer 400EX's would just be an added bonus to make that bike the ultimate trail riding beast... for me anyway :evil
  9. nixgtpULYRAGE

nixgtpULYRAGE Thisweek on Lifetime

Oddometer:
  10. nixgtpULYRAGE

nixgtpULYRAGE Thisweek on Lifetime

Oddometer:
    I already have the racks that the panniers atatch to for my ulysses. What I dont have are those "L shapped turn knob latches" that you drill the panniers out to attach to the racks. Happy panniers has a set of 8 (2 panniers) for 49.99. I didnt know if if some one new of a more reasonable set.
  11. jwolf

jwolf Wolfie

Oddometer:
    Vincennes, IN 75 miles Southeast of Moonshine
    I have Happy Trail racks and mounts on my cheap bags I bought new on Ebay for under $200. I lined the bags myself and have been very happy. I did add hinges as i didn't like dealing with the lids.
  12. oPAULo

oPAULo jack of all terrain Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just spent 15 minutes with ticketmaster. Seats 4 & 7 already sold....:bluduh

I tried Tim.
  13. RedBirdStation

Oddometer:
    Well, I would just love to be around Bedford tomorrow to see nobody getting around town, Except for this person

[​IMG]

Should be able to get some really good looks from people out there.

Me, I'm ready for this little storm they say are coming.

I got the chainsaw going today with a new fresh tank of fuel/mix, 4-wheeler windshield installed, 200 gals of propane delivered today for the garage with plenty of work to do for the next couple of days till it is over.
  14. WRyan450

WRyan450 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If its too nasty to work tomorrow... I'm going to stud up my front tire and go riding. Secretly I hope hell freezes over. (Or just southern indiana) :evil
  15. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    damn but the drive home from work last night sucked ass, i spent 20 min scraping no less than 3/8" of ice from my truck... no fun indeed.

today i let dog out and she busted her ass twice in driveway and was walikng very tenderly on grass that was iced up... like walking on a bed of nails.. which was pretty funny. a lil later i walked out to start truck up before work and proceeded to bust my ass as well. :huh

wound up getting a call from work. for the first time ever... i got called off from work due to weather. :clap so i am fully expecting power to go out so i can sit here in dark while old man winter slowly starts creepin up on my ass in here.

[​IMG]
  16. header

header Chris

Oddometer:
    Yup, about the same over here in Bloomington. Not that much ice but plenty enough to cover everything. I guess the roads arent too bad, though I haven't been out on them yet. I did however get a new oversized rotor, wheel bearings, and a front tire installed.
  17. alpiv

alpiv Sr. nOOb

Oddometer:
    I have a feeling your dog was Laughing it ass off at you when you went down......

Everything is shut down.....

18. TooSlow4U

Oddometer:
    Okay, I'm ready. Who wants to get out and go for a ride? I'll be ready just as soon as it quits raining down here and starts to get some ice accumulation. Glad I cleaned the bike yesterday and brought it home from the shop last night. I'm ready! Bring on the snow & ice!! :lol3
  19. RedBirdStation

Oddometer:
    Sitting here with the generator powering the furnace and tv so I am happy. Lost power around 7pm.

Got plenty of heat in the shop and worked on the L today and got it running, the rear shock removed and ready to have it reworked.

Was outside a little bit this evening getting the generator all hooked up and the trees out behing the house was cracking and falling everywere.

Sounded like a war zone out there, so there will be alot of trails to clean up now.
  20. Dadster

Dadster I'd rather be ridin

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

:D

I got out Tuesday after work for an hour and a half on unknown county roads - head phones in lovin life. I had some good seat time to hold me over for this lovely weather. The interlake run looked ok. I've never ben there. Sooner or latter I'd like to.