The Rimfire Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by notarex, Apr 4, 2009.

1. hutch451

hutch451 Jackwad of all Tirades

Oddometer:
    Well after about 20,000 rounds downrange I figured this old girl needed some new clothes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm waiting on new Titanium extractor and she should be good for at least another 20,000.
  2. KeithinSC

KeithinSC Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got prolly 50,000 thru mine, just put in the Ti extractor. I should have done it 49,950 rounds ago:D
    It made a HUGE difference in the failure to eject. Havent had one since:clap

3. KLboxeR

KLboxeR Yeah, I ride a Harley. So what?

Oddometer:
  4. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. Achtung

Achtung Wicked Pisssah Adventurer

Oddometer:

Could you tell a little more about this ti extractor?
    Thanks
  6. EvilGenius

EvilGenius 1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer:
    Hickok review.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tVnxf73KKks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  7. KeithinSC

KeithinSC Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was mistaken, mine is not the titanium, instead it is A2 tool steel. Got it and the matching spring from Midway. $10.
    Super easy to install, after you get the bolt out of the receiver. A small drift punch to push out the pin and it swaps out. Tap in the pin after dropping the extractor in place and you are ready to put the bolt back in:dog That is the hard part. I did also spend some time with a small file and sharpening stone removing the burrs from my bolt, the channel/groove in the bolt and on the firing pin, just so everything is nice and smooth. Whole job probably took 45 minutes. 15 minutes was trying to put he damn thing back together!

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/44...tor-ruger-10-22-10-22-magnum-mark-ii-mark-iii

[​IMG]
  8. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just picked up the CZ 452 over lunch today...box is sitting in my office calling me.

Going to have to get a scope mounted and everything ready....hopefully friday I will have everything ready for sight in....then next weekend is the next match.

Fit and finish looks darn good, I will be intrested to see how well it shoots.
  9. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:

We'll be interested to hear.:nod
  10. tcs06

tcs06 The Clueless Wonder

Oddometer:
    +1
  11. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have 11mm rings on the way.....now I am looking for scope options. If my back pasture has dried out I may get a chance to see how it will do tonight.

First real outing will be in two weeks when the small bore match is again....don't think I will have everything ready for practice this friday.
  12. xr400r

xr400r Long timer

Oddometer:
    OK, I just got my 10/22 back together and it wont cock itself.....:norton

It cycles any ammo fine.... ejects fine.... but when you fire one round, it wont fire the nexts. ejects the spent round and loads the new round fine but not cock. pull the trigger and nothing.....

I can cock it by hand and it works fine..... I have tried alot of different ammo..... cheap to target...all the same. it has a new target trigger assembly and match bull barrel.... first time shooting it with the upgrades.... its factory clean plus some oil i put on it to start.....

any ideas??????

Thanks.
  13. YakSpout

YakSpout Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer:
    The guys at RimfireCentral.com can probably provide more info, but it sounds like the bolt isn't coming back far enough to reset the hammer when you use a round to cycle it. Did you change the bolt springs?

What trigger assembly did you install? Did you try polishing the hammer and lower surfaces of the bolt? Sometimes that can help.

What kind of rounds? Subsonic/match? Some 10/22s can get really sensitive to subsonic rounds since they don't transfer as much energy to the bolt after firing. Polishing the hammer and bolt mating surfaces can help as can radiusing the back of the bolt to give it some more curve, which will cause less drag as it rides backward and forces the hammer down.
  14. HardCase

HardCase winter is coming

Oddometer:
    I've had that issue with my 10/22 and sub-sonic ammo. Standard or hi-speed LR works fine.
  15. xr400r

xr400r Long timer

Oddometer:
    My issue is with high velocity ammo..... I didn't try subsonic ammo. :(
  16. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    22 ammo is some funny stuff, you have to try different things to see what your gun likes.

Looks like it may be a while on the CZ test.....hurt my shoulder again....not sure when I will be able to shoot again....right now it is looking like it may be a LONG time for centerfire, hopefully rimfire will be able to come back quicker.
  17. Bun-bun

Bun-bun Long timer

Oddometer:
    A customer I'm doing a kitchen for has an AR-22 (AR-15 chambered for .22) with the standard 20 rd mag and 2 40 rd mags he's offered me for $400.
    Any opinions?
    I see that Gunbroker.com has several in that price range, so I'm not squiffy about the price.
  18. YakSpout

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Just picked it up from CA quarantine. Ruger SR22. Took forever for my FFL to track one down, but it's finally here. Now I need to free up some time to take it to the range. :D
  19. BHW

BHW Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm contemplating shooting my 89 year old 1890. It hasn't been fired in probably 40 years. My grandfather bought it back in the 70s, and it was well worn, so he had it blued. And it's not been fired since. But I've never been convinced these are worth anywhere near as much as some people ask for them, and I don't plan on ever selling it.

Would you shoot it?
  20. YakSpout

Oddometer:
    All original other than the new bluing? HELL YES. :evil