Charleston South Carolina Tag-o-rama

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Domromer, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Domromer

Domromer Desert Rat

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the Charleston South Carolina Tag-o-rama!

I've created this local tag game in the hopes of creating a fast paced game with the opportunity for multiple tags and grabs in a week.

The idea behind this game is to get people out riding in a way the works for real life. Most of us don't have the time for long rides during the work week. Hopefully this local game will allow people to grab tags on lunch brakes and after work.

This is a new tag game and as such all tags are new as well.

The game is simple, the rules are easy, and the goal is to get people out riding.

With that goal in mind, please don't make the clues so hard that we have to surf longer on the net than we have to ride to get the tag. Heck, you can go ahead and tell people exactly where the tag is if you want, but do be aware that some people like a clever challenge.

Here are the rules. (And, yeah, they're mostly plagiarized from other tag games.)

1. File photos can be used to place a tag; they can't be used to claim a tag. Tags must be placed in Charleston County
    2. Try to duplicate the tag-placement photo as closely as possible with your bike when you claim a tag. The "grab, "claim," "I got it," whatever-you-call-it photo of the tag should be as close to the previous tag as possible. The tag placer needs to make sure that the photo can be shot be anyone on any bike. The tagger's bike needs to be in the photo. A road that is maintained and legal to ride is fair game. Gravel or not.
    3. When you claim the tag, tell us where the tag was.
    4. NO WHINING ABOUT IT BEING TOO FAR.
    5. The tag must be findable. If a tag is standing for too long, you will be asked to post a clue or a new tag.
    6. The new tag must be posted no later than six hours of the posting of your grab, or you will forfeit your tag to the previous tagger. Let's keep the game moving.
    7. HE WHO POSTS FIRST WINS. It doesn't matter if you got to it first, the person who posts first wins the tag. (Laptops with cell modems and smart phones and other whiz-bang gizmos really help here.)
    8. A working link to a photo is acceptable for short periods of time. It's sometimes hard to code HTML on the side of the road, so if you post up a link to a working picture, then it counts. Next time you're at a real computer, please edit it so that the picture shows up in the thread.

All rules are subject to change if the larger part of the inmates think that it should change and/or there is a darned good reason to change them.

That's pretty much it.

Remember, the South Carolina Charleston Tag-o-rama is played in Charleston County only.

Have fun and ride safely.

Let's go play TAG!!
  2. Domromer

Domromer Desert Rat

Oddometer:
    This County Park was mostly destroyed last year after Hurricane Irene. It's a pretty cool spot hopefully the county will get the coin together in time to open next summer. You can still walk in to have a look around and see where the parking lot used to be.

[​IMG]
  3. kalonji

kalonji nihilism or nothing

Oddometer:
  4. Domromer

Domromer Desert Rat

Oddometer:
    Soon every burg and hamlet with have a tag game.... Mwuhaha Mwuhaha..
  5. kalonji

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking I might start a tag game for my neighborhood. What say ye?
  6. t3rse

t3rse Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I actually ride my bike just about every day, so to go out and ride a couple of hours to get a picture just isn't my idea of fun. For those that keep their bikes in the garage year round and clock a few hundred miles a year, having an excuse to ride out and get a picture might just be the motivation you need, but for those of us that daily or nearly daily our bikes....

Grab :)
    [​IMG]
  7. t3rse

t3rse Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tag....dt
    [​IMG]
  8. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    I am from Greenville and I know this one.
  9. bronco6.5

bronco6.5 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think I found this today, but there was a small group of hobos milling about.
    I have a soft spot for hobos and carnies, but it's very likely that these hobos were actually crackheads.
    Since I had not a single tall boy, nor a handful of change, with which I could exchange for safe passage, I passed it by.
    Maybe tomorrow.
  10. Domromer

Domromer Desert Rat

Oddometer:
    For some reason this is inordantley funny. I think a drive by photo would count, if you find yourself in the area again without the correct bartering items.
  11. Domromer

Domromer Desert Rat

Oddometer:
    Ding ding ding we have a winner!
  12. t3rse

t3rse Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got a good laugh on this :)
  13. DudeMang

DudeMang Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Subscribed!
  14. Domromer

Domromer Desert Rat

Oddometer:
    If I was close to this tag would I smell coffee roasting?
  15. kalonji

Oddometer:
    R u sure that's coffee and not crack?:rofl
  16. t3rse

t3rse Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You could...but it's more than a couple of blocks away...interstate overhead should make it easy enough to trace.
  17. Domromer

Domromer Desert Rat

Oddometer:
    I think I rode over it today. Maybe I'll get a chance to find it tomorrow. I'll bring the scootercycle in case the hobos are out and I have to represent.
  18. Marsh Tiger

Marsh Tiger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Domromer, since you were willing to ride up to Myrtle beach, I'll play your Charleston game.

[​IMG]

Vivian Anderson Moultrie Playground, King St.
  19. Marsh Tiger

Oddometer:
    Now, before we get to the the new tag, I'd like to ask a simple question with out stirring the pot. (we all know you can only post wit mal-intent on ADV, but try to understand this is only a question)
    Question: Who are we referring to as "garage kept few hundred miles a year riders"? Personally, I just bought my first house with a garage a few weeks ago and I know I've done at least a few hundred miles since then. It seems like these alleged "Garagers" would be prime to play your Charleston game. I'm not sure I would want to alienate a potential group of players so early in the game.:norton Good luck, I hope your Charleston game is successful.
  20. Marsh Tiger

Oddometer:
    Here's another one under a bridge. I wouldn't recommend launching a boat here, but some people do.

Disclaimer: you dirty minded Fu@ker$ are gonna love this one...

[​IMG]