Just Cruising

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by DirtyDR, Jan 12, 2013.

1. DirtyDR

DirtyDR Dana Supporter

Oddometer:
    I keep forgetting you have a 650 witk Pekar carbs I think you said.
  2. DirtyDR

DirtyDR Dana Supporter

Oddometer:
    -24F yesterday morning and the Ural did not want to start so instead of jumping it with the deep cycle battery I keep charged up in the garage for just such occasions I let it rest and took the van.

mechanista, are you coming out to Moab with us in April? http://sovietsteeds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25248

We are looking at around 15 Urals confirmed and 2 or 3 uncomitted so far.

[​IMG]
  3. PetrB

PetrB Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We had a little ride today too:clap About +20F, the engine is pulls perfect. Especially because I'm a bit fine-tuned carbs before ride. And my homemade 2-in-1 exhaust at high RPM now trumpet like the Jericho Trumpets - oh, all it so beautiful! And now we are wear gear more relevant to the ambient. I'm not a cold, but sometimes the thought of your Colorado's -25F:D

And we met a moose while riding. Very rare encounter in these densely populated territories. It was a family, whole 3 heads.
    [​IMG]
  4. Mechanista

Mechanista Board Certified

Oddometer:
    I don't know how I missed that thread in SS!?
    I'm pretty sure we are going to go. We will be tenting it. Go ahead and count us IN!
    So far I have spent most of this week trying to start many of our trucks whose fuel has turned to WAX! I think our fuel supplier screwed up on their winter blend. I am also starting to get scabs on my hands from the frost! :cry