What's the Worst peice of equipment you've ever bought?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Scrubs, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Dolly Sod

Dolly Sod I want to do right, but not right now Supporter

Oddometer:
    I bet in a pinch they could be used as crush washers for you oil drain plug.
  2. bogus

bogus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hewlett packard pc adsolute pos
  3. high dangler

high dangler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ive been disapointed with Aria helmets .Ive had 2... I didnt learn on the first.
    They are pretty damn comfortable but the peices falling off make me wonder why its considered by some to be a premium helmet. Even the expensive iridium visor i bought for it self destructed the first time i wiped it with dampened cloth.
    Yeah they'll make good on the problems but still...
  4. high dangler

high dangler Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I had those boots and didnt care for them at all. Very uncomfortable.
  5. tgeliot

tgeliot Topher

Oddometer:
    Yeah isn't that a shame. Back when I was a kid, HP was the gold standard for anything they made. Anyone here remember the HP-35 and HP-45 calculators?

In the 90s I bought a used HP PC. The previous owner had been chain smoker, so it reeked. I took it all apart and cleaned it with solvent in my driveway, and so got to see all the details of how it was laid out and assembled. A really nice piece of engineering. Now their stuff is crap :-(
  6. BBRadar

BBRadar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not all, stick with their business/server products and you'll get something reliable.

worst POS I bought was a Benelli scooter I bought a few years ago for getting around town and to/from work. Used it for less than 6 months before pushing it aside out of frustration.
  7. 7seas10

7seas10 7SEAS Supporter

Oddometer:
    Givi AF 330 windshield the biggest POS.
  8. t6pilot

t6pilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bought new 1984 FORD BRONCO II
    Biggest piece of crap to come out of Detroit, Ford bought it back thank god for lemon law
  9. slartidbartfast

slartidbartfast Life is for good friends and great adventures Supporter

Oddometer:
    Southern Louisiana or Southern England or ...
    There's probably been more votes for this particular "Worst piece of equipment" than any other. A 1983 example with the underpowered and fragile 2.8 V6, self-destructing power door locks and window winders, and interminably failing A/C, (amongst other shortcomings - Thank Dog it wasn't an automatic trans model) was one of the many things listed herein that I have owned :baldy
  10. jbhawley

jbhawley WTF- Gus?

Oddometer:
    I nearly concur. Take a look at 90% of all Craftsman hand tools (wenches, screwdrivers, sockets, pliers, etc) they are now made in China. WTF Sears...this is why we bought Craftsman tools in the first place. They cost 1/2 of Snap-On, were made in the USA and had a lifetime warranty. I have two roll cabinets full of Craftsman tools, but, hells bells, I'd just as well get HF or Kobalt...they are too made in China and have a lifetime warranty.
    Sears..you fucked yourself on this one.
  11. jbhawley

jbhawley WTF- Gus?

Oddometer:
    Icon Hooligan 2 gloves - they are made of some sort of suede like material that the hook part of velcro will destroy in a few uses. I got maybe a months worth of wear outta these POS gloves.

Sunblocker shade stripe - or whatever the hell its called. You know the little strip of tinted material that sticks to the inside of the helmet visor...supposed to keep the sun outta your eyes...Another POS. Would not stick. I ripped it out and put two strips of black (electrical) tape on the outside of the visor. Cost maybe 1/2 cent. Works like a charm and is easily replaceable. This particular tape has been on my visor for two years in all types of weather (rain, hail, etc, etc) and still sticks. Wanna get it off...pull and get a dab of goo-gone or the like.

VW Quantum - this was a in line 5 cyl car. What a POS. It ate lifters like skittles. I only think VW made this POS for a couple years. Three sets of lifters in 30K miles. Not too mention all the other "little" issues. My wicked witch of the south bitch ex-wife traded it on a newer-used car one day without my knowing..sorta glad at the time. Long story short. The bitch took 2500$ of my savings that was gonna get used to pay the yearly property taxes without telling me, to pay the difference on the newer car since the VW was still on credit. I didn't find out about the 2500$ until 6 months later. Oh! I forgot to mention the same said, witch ex-wife was the one that "had to have" the VW Quantum in the first fucking place. I don't know what I hated more, the car or her. :huh. ...

Yep! I hate her more. Still do and we been divorced for 19 years. The car was a total POS...but she was a fucking BI-OTCH! Shit..My blood pressure is sky high now just thinking about that troll. My grandma made a statement a few days after we separated...way back in 1993...
    "Well, she came from shit...she can go back to shit now...I reckon"
    Seems that Grandma had a way with words.:evil

Maybe in comparison the Icon Hooligan gloves weren't so bad after all.

12. Kurt

Kurt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, I had one put on at a rally for $15. Took it off after riding 10 miles and put it in a trash can. I could have spent that money on beer.
  13. lhendrik

lhendrik Putins Puppet

Oddometer:
    Sunblocker shade stripe

Yeah, I couldn't get mine to stick to my forehead either.
  14. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:

Priceless!
  15. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    All for the short-term chasing of money. These corporate wankers will never ever learn.
  16. urbanXJ

urbanXJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    BUILT track boots = total crap
  17. freeflow

freeflow get in or go in

Oddometer:
    1996 Dodge RAM 1500. look, I was a Toyota guy for years...was even dating the dealer's daughter for a spell and was buddies with her brother. but I got the "buy american" guilt trip and took the shaft on that POS truck. I spent more fixing that POS in the 3 years I had it than I did EVER on toyotas. I mean really, 2 trannys and a front end in under 90,000 miles?...WTF?

Joe rocket, well I went thru a few pairs of their alter ego pants. the first pair was ok...the second, I needed to take it to my own sewing machine. I liked the design...

I have enough failures of shit I bought...and I've scuttled enough of it too...thank god for the net and reviews to slam products now...:lol3
  18. BMWf800gs

BMWf800gs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I agree.
    maybe up until the mid 1980's or so Sears treated the employees and customers in a positive manner and it was a good symbiotic relationship for all.
    Now they rip everybody off!
    The tools are made in our enemies country.
    I was talking with a guy the other day and he was telling me about how China had caused A LOT of problems with our security and computers!
  19. Tall Man

Tall Man Oh, by the way, which one's Pink?

Oddometer:
    I've bolded what I think is a salient point. It's uber-rare for me to see employees mistreated, or talked down to (no matter how modestly) when they are out on the floor. I've seen it happen at Sears, though, and on several occasions. I can't recall any behavior that would have earned the employee such treatment, and besides, shouldn't a dressing-down, when genuinely necessary, occur well away from the customer? Does Sears' mgmt training program require its graduates to be jerks?

Anyway, the foregoing doesn't matter to me anymore. I stopped shopping at Sears, period, when the local store began to broadcast in-store ads and announcements in Spanish. For a customer base that isn't.
  20. Pcfly

Pcfly Dude?! Seriously?? Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was about to make this mistake with a Jeep Wrangler vs FJ Cruiser..... I'm still waiting, swaying back and forth.

This thread is awesome........:lol3