New and improved KTM690 WUNDERFEST

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by crankshaft, Sep 6, 2011.

1. motoged

motoged Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply :thumb
  2. yuu

yuu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No problem. it does take a bit of getting used to, as the relationship between the lever and pivot is different (duh) - so it has a different feel to the hand - but not bad or anything negative, just different.

It has adjustment for free play AND stop so you can tweak the position a bit more than the stocker and not waste lever travel after the clutch has fully engaged. Though they are not finger adjustments - you'll need a small (3mm if I recall correctly) allen key to make any changes.
  3. tonykof

tonykof Dinosaur Tamer

Oddometer:
    I use the "moving horse method" to get on when ever I can as I'm totally "ballerina toes" otherwise...
    "Moving horse method" = kickstand up , bike in gear, left foot on the peg, slip clutch to get moving stand up on left peg & throw right foot over..."moving horse" :rofl

Doing the "Chuck Norris" I'm always afraid i'm going to catch & rip the seat with my boot...
  4. Gros Buck

Gros Buck Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer:
    Ok Ged ... You do the guiney pig. You buy it. Install it, and check it. And if it works you tell us ... :clap I'm also shopping for short handles ...

Paul Jr 8
  5. DirtJack

DirtJack Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    356 miles SE or 539 miles NW of Orla, Texas
    Motion Pro makes levers which I use on all three of my KTMs. Much cheaper too.
  6. tattewell

tattewell Mad Poser

Oddometer:
    Anybody run a bar mounted windshield?

This year I did 5200k in 7 days and atleast 3 days of that was burning highway. I'de like some protection as im planning a similar ride for the spring.

Thoughts anybody? Im 6'3" should I just man up again?
  7. francs

francs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I tried Givi A660 (I'm 6'2) and it did not work as I expected, I got the wind at the top of my helmet (it's annoying). And the windshield began to "move" Because of the bar design is difficult to tighten the clamps (and it's very "crowded" on the bar to find a place to put the clamps). When I'll have time I'll experiment a bit with the settings.
  8. motoged

motoged Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Paul,
    Thanks for the "encouragement" :D but I have Cycra barkbusters on the bike and for extra security, extra clutch and brake lever spares.....:evil.. I figured if I spent over $100 on spare levers, I would never need them; had I not bought the spares....would've broken the original levers :deal:lol3

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
  9. tattewell

tattewell Mad Poser

Oddometer:
    Thanks francs, maybe ill look more closelly at the rally raid fairing, but I was hoping to be able to just put the screen on for the highway bits, then strap it to my paniers for the fun bits through Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary and Romania...
  10. mtntrails

mtntrails Life is Short... Supporter

Oddometer:

http://www.slipstreamer.com/Product/Sport/sport.html

The Slipstreamer Spitfire is my favorite windscreen for dual sport bikes. They are inexpensive, very adjustable, easy to remove and do a terrific job of keeping the wind off of your upper body.
  11. tattewell

tattewell Mad Poser

Oddometer:
    I find the gearing is fine up to about 110 - 120 Kph, anything above that and the mileage really starts to suck, so its no good for the slab anyways.
  12. tattewell

tattewell Mad Poser

Oddometer:

Have you put on on your 690? I'de be curious about pics if you have any, I guess that goes for any dual sport...

Lighting is the next issue I was going to look at. Rally fairing solves both problems, plus fuel, but I never found fuel to be too big of a problem as I have 2 Kolpin cans on my paniers.
  13. mtntrails

mtntrails Life is Short... Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. francs

francs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Givi is similar (shape and sistem) .
  15. tattewell

tattewell Mad Poser

Oddometer:
    I could probably live with the fugly for the function. thanks for the pics.
  16. Barman

Barman Way Offline

Oddometer:
    MRA makes a similar line of screens. Made in Germany. I had one mounted and it was very solid. Did a great job but as we all know the 690 has headshake issues and the bar mounted screen made it worse. :deal
  17. tattewell

tattewell Mad Poser

Oddometer:
    Clearly we don't all know it, I have never experienced headshake on my 690... interesting though.
  18. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    Yea, I'm with you. I've had it wag in the deep sand at 100mph but thats normal to me, part of the experience.
  19. Barman

Barman Way Offline

Oddometer:
  20. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    We took the first pre-production tank mouldings today from our CNC machined aluminium rotational moulds today.
    Once cooled,we fitted them to the 2012 690 Enduro test bike,and they were perfect!!
    Now we can finalise fairing and screen tooling,ready for production.

www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk

Photobucket

[​IMG][​IMG]