Bicycle thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zodiac, Jul 10, 2006.

1. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
    That wasn't directed to you, personally. Unfortunately, you took it that way.

This thread has taken on a way too serious vibe, since the Strava discussions started (reminds me of slowtwitch). Just enjoy bicycles and ride 'em. :deal
  2. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    I took that list to be the total opposite of being serious - it's just a really funny read.

Hey look..it's Friday :clap
  3. rbrsddn

rbrsddn 3banger

Oddometer:
    It is very funny! My back decided to take a couple day vacation this week, after the Tuesday ride. I am finally almost standing upright, and looking forward to 50 or so tomorrow... I might even go for an M/C ride.
    :D Have a good weekend people...
  4. Weirdo

Weirdo Welcome to you're "DOOM"

Oddometer:

Okay, I take it back::D
  5. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    I try and live by Rule 5. :nod

4:37 on the bike just now. Been a few weeks since I've done any longer rides. Ugh are my legs tired. One of the guys I ride with attacks EVERY stinkin little rise in the road. Ooof. That's regardless of whether the guys riding with him want him to go that hard up em. The other of the guys I rode with is having health issues and can't get up a hill to save his life. Combine the two and you have an 'interesting' ride. :nod

We went in a loop and managed to have a headwind 100% of the ride. :baldy

Hope your Friday is going well

M
  6. ErrinV

ErrinV D Boon!

Oddometer:
    Fellow ADVriders. I recently made a video for the Salsa Cycles Video Contest using my Fargo Ti and the city of LA as the backdrop. My video made the finals and now there's a chance that I could win the Grand Prize! What's that you say? Well, it's a Mukluk Ti Complete AND a trip to Alaska to ride it!

The voting is open to the public and I need as many votes I can get. Votes are made by logging into your facebook and twitter accounts. One or the other, but if you have both you can vote twice.

I'd really appreciate it if any of you would consider voting for my video. I've never entered a video contest like this before and I feel like I have a really good shot at it. If you have any friends that would vote please tell them too!

Here's the link to my blog with the video and here's the link to the Salsa website to place your vote.

Please help send me to Alaska!
  7. YakSpout

YakSpout Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer:
    Done!

Good luck.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did it (#179)! :thumb
  9. Slimie

Slimie Long timer

Oddometer:
    And done!

Those are some rough old roads you're riding on!

-Simon
  10. rbrsddn

rbrsddn 3banger

Oddometer:
    :dealAnd done. Good luck on your adventure!!!
  11. ErrinV

ErrinV D Boon!

Oddometer:
    Thanks! It's much appreciated! Let's keep it going!
  12. TheNedster

TheNedster Lurkapotamus

Oddometer:
    This has been making the rounds amongst my riding buddies on FB. Something for me to think about on those days when the group is recceding into the distance without moi.

Sent from my mobile via Tapatalk while KOM hunting wearing baggies and a Camelbak on my ironic fixie.
  13. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  14. Weirdo

Weirdo Welcome to you're "DOOM"

Oddometer:
    Cycling road trip started yesterday.

Put both my road and my mountain bike on the back of the car and pointed it out of town. Drove 950km before I had to shut it down.
    Today I get to my first riding stop in Vernon BC. Going to hook up with a good mate of mine and get a couple of days worth of riding in the sunshine.

so stoked

:clap
  15. TheNedster

TheNedster Lurkapotamus

Oddometer:
    Submitted to the ADV Bicycle Thread for approval:
    I was talking to my cyclosensei/LBS owner re: building a road bike. He said "wait a minute", went in back and came out with a LeMond Arrivee frame (TI!:clap) and AlphaQ fork in my size. It is mine for free provided I go through him for all the componentry (much of which will be take-offs and used stuff anyways). I'm responsible for getting the frame cleaned up. It's unpainted, but the decals are thrashed.

I think this will be the way to go, but was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of this particular frame. My brief Interwebz search last night yeilded mostly positive reviews.
  16. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Long timer

Oddometer:
    4707 as of yesterday. 331 miles in August. Not bad, especialy considering I nmissed two rides the week because isaac was fucking up our weather. I'm at 2357 miles. I should be at 2333. For the first time this year I'm ahead of schedule. Sweet!
  17. Aurelius

Aurelius Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did you upload it to Strava? Doesn't count unless you did. :nah
  18. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    Rule 5 mothereffer! Follow it.

Be less like Barney and more like Jens. :nod

Did I mention my legs are toast from yersterday? :ear Well, if I didn't, they are.

M
  19. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    I'm sure one of my buddies did. Here's at least the first 2/3rds. ...at D's speed anyway. The other buddy may or may not have uploaded anything. :dunno I'm not about to join just to go look him up. :nono

M
  20. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    Its Ti. How bad can it be?

I don't remember who Trek was contracting with to do their Ti bikes, but its probably Litespeed (like pretty much everyone else)

M