The Good Digs Guide

Discussion in 'Europe' started by MarkN, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Terry NW

Terry NW Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you're looking for a little luxury in the south of France but don't want to get ripped-off, this is fantastic:

www.laviela.com

Secure parking, great rooms, beautiful views, pool, good breakfast, English spoken, good riding and restaurants nearby... about €100 per night B&B.

I know Pascale personally and have stayed as both a paying guest and a house guest; either way Pascale and Michel are fantastic hosts.
  3. R6 Andy

R6 Andy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can highly recommend this place for all your biking needs in France.
    http://ridersrest.eu/default.aspx

I stayed there for 3 nights earlier this year on my way to Italy. Enjoyed the place so much I'm buying an Adventure Bike next year to take the Mrs's there for a weeks holiday. Well she is buying the bike so its the least I could do ;)
  4. chrisreid

chrisreid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    a country cottage available in aberdeenshire,
    i own this cottage and it is 4 star in a stunning location with secure locked garage for bikes.
    for more info go to www.bennachie-leisure.co.uk
    its only 50miles from the highlands with some of the best scenery and riding roads in britain. i know i go riding round there often,
    for any pics or enquiries call or email me
    regards
    chris reid
    07708 147 740
    reidy555@hotmail.com
  5. sim1

sim1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Scotland
    Shiels Bridge
    Kintail Lodge
    http://www.kintaillodgehotel.co.uk
    Accommodation from en suite hotel rooms to trekkers lodge
    Excellent base camp for Skye/coastal roads/Loch Carron et cetera
    Very friendly hotel people and...its a pub too and brilliant food restaurant
    Superb biking roads
    [​IMG]
  6. Berin

Berin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Saw this place when we were in Skye this summer - looks fabulous, in an amazing location. It was closed for refurb but you couldn't wish for a better spot, and in general the hotels on Skye are a bit patchy, so this could be a good bet
  7. Montford

Montford Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For anyone touring Scotland and looking for an easygoing place with loads of character.
    On the Sound of Arisaig on the West Coast of Scotland.
    www.glenuiginn.com
    Bunkhouse £15 night

Its an old pub/restaurant with bunkhouse and chalets adjacent the restaurant serves an excellent fresh seafood menu.
    I have stayed there many times and its not luxurious but is in a fantastic location and the ride from Fort William is superb.
    It has had a change of ownership recently so hopefully the new owners are as laid back as the previous ones.
    There is also a flat grassy area on the shore in front of the pub with a great natural fire hole for bonfires but I would check with the new owners that it is still ok to camp,(beware of the midges).

Question:When does the bar close? Answer:When everyone leaves.:lol3
  8. Mr Potter

Mr Potter I'm not a cat

Oddometer:
    If you are looking for somewhere in South East Cornwall then this place is worth checking out.

http://www.crumplehorn-inn.co.uk/crumplehtml/location.htm

Just spent 3 nights there, ( special deal 3 nights for 2 or 4 nights for 3 ), great people, great food, and nice self catering style apartments rather than just rooms.
  9. DeeGee

DeeGee I'm a Yorkshireman thanoz

Oddometer:
    We stayed here a couple of years ago

Very friendly Italian gent working there who loves his bikes, I asked about secure parking and he couldn't do enough for us as he unlocked the gates at the side of the hotel and told me to park the bike in the garden.

[​IMG]

Literally a stones throw from the Leaning Tower.

Clean and tidy too.
  10. fuzzer

fuzzer syd the sherpa

Oddometer:
    Me and my mates have toured europe 3 times and always use the Eurocamp campsites. They will send you a map of europe with the campsites locations on it. First year we pre-booked all the sites, but now we just turn up and negotiate a price at each site. If you know your next location, the reps will phone ahead and make a booking for you. Great campsites in great locations and the reps can give you info of local attractions. Last time we went to Luz st Sauvier in the French Pyrenees. Averaged out at about £12 each per night over 16 nights. Dont go July or August as they dont like groups then. they are family campsites.

good luck

fuzzer
  11. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
  12. Brit/Man II

Brit/Man II Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  13. pibbow

pibbow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Isle of Arran
    Scotland

www.lagghotel.com

Owner is very bike friendley as it's me!
    Plenty of good food bear & hospitality.
    Just say your on advrider for a good deal. It's as simple as that.
  14. tobuk

tobuk n00b

Oddometer:
    Can anybody recommend a biker friendly accomodation nr. the beaches or just inlland.?

We need only basic + security for bikes, ( 4 bikes /riders ) end of July.

Most of the Expat. run places are too far south or east & the tourist office seems geared to family rooms or Gites.

Thanks in advance.....................tobuk
  15. DeeGee

DeeGee I'm a Yorkshireman thanoz

Oddometer:
    Did a tour of the beaches last year here and we stayed in a cheap Formula One hotel in Caen.

Own private car park, which was locked at night, an ideal base for doing the sights.
  16. bLaCk 8east

bLaCk 8east Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Torla, Spain.

If only they were all like this :clap
  17. edkuh

edkuh adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cheap, tidy and clean accomodation along the SS 67, the road between Ravenna and Florence.

http://www.lumacheto.it/

If you need tips on what's worth to see and visit in the area feel free to pm me.

cheers

Edoardo
  18. Bill@Mission

Bill@Mission Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since the unfortunate demise of my bike rental business - I have started to make a list of rider friendly places - based on a map view.

I am going to stick the url here: the site and ask any of you who know of good places to stay to e-mail the websites or contact e-mails to me so I can contact them. (Or e-mail them this link - http://prop.forum.motorbikefriendly.com/index.php?topic=32.0 - and save me some time, and possibly not annoy people by spamming, although I don't know if contacting people to genuinely help them is spamming)

This would be a commercial message if the basic listing wasn't free - it is more of a hobby/service to biking kind (much to the disgust of the wife). One day I will break even! Still a hobby is a hobby.......

Hope I haven't annoyed anyone by the post - if I have let me know and I will delete it and assume the phoetal position..... and probably suck my thumb....
  19. -Lunatic-

-Lunatic- Mr. n00b

Oddometer:
    A friend of me has started a little (and cheap) campsite in Holland. He is a adventurous biker in his heart and ride around the world about 3 times!!! So if you bikers pass trough the south of Holland just pass by for a drink, chat and a nice little place to camp with a bit of campfire! :evil

Just take a look at his site www.motorsideroads.com
  20. tobuk

tobuk n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi, Just finished a weeks tour of the D- day beaches & museums etc.

Stayed in the Normandy Beach Hotel,100 yds. from the Mulberry harbour Museum. Run by expats. Bikers themselves, covered secure parking, nice rooms & proper breakfast!!!!!! About £30 pppn for B & B.

Between a half & one & a half hours from Caen or Cherbourg respectivly.

It was an ideal base for a tour. No personal connections just a satisfied custemer.

regards to all................tobuk:D