2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by goodcat8, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Hayduke

Hayduke ///SAFETY THIRD/// Supporter

Oddometer:
    :nod :thumb

[​IMG]

:lol3
  2. ALLAWYN

ALLAWYN Letsitle

Oddometer:
    +10000

The most beautiful bike ever, I like 150hp, I like traction control, I like abs, and and I love the dirt mode, I like the new suspension.

I won't sell sell my 990R because the new 1190R is to beautiful to ride, my name is on the list and at least for the first few months I won't ride it, only look at it and listen to the new Acro's:clap

There is nothing that this new 1190R can't do that my 690R and 990R are doing now:evil

I live in the 21st century, bring it on:D
  3. Bonsai Elephant

Bonsai Elephant Banned

Oddometer:
    God bless the Starbuck's crowd!

When they all sign up for the 1190 I see a wave of well priced, well farkled, gently used 990s hitting the market.

Thanks KTM for bringing goodness to us all!

:D
  4. jimmex

jimmex Guero con moto Supporter

Oddometer:
    So just because somebody likes the new bike makes them "Starbuck's crowd?" :csm
  5. Bonsai Elephant

Bonsai Elephant Banned

Oddometer:
    God bless the sense of humourless!

Bringing kneejerk reactions to Orange Crush since 2003!

6. jimmex

Oddometer:
    A sweet jump indeed.
  7. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    The real question is can you do this to one :lurk

[​IMG]

:rofl

:freaky
  8. NorseNiall

NorseNiall n00b

Oddometer:
    Well.....should I get the new 1190 adv...? If I do I'll be accused of looking like a beemer owner (that's a bad thing apparently) regardless of the ability of the bike...could be a great dual-sporter but many have decided no, it's not...from expert photographic scrutiny.

Now, let me get this right....the 950 was great...990 was bad....oh...hang on...990 now great, 1190 bad...okaaaaay....

I will be a sell-out because people who buy these big bikes have no intention of going off the tarmac...it's all show and no substance....this 1200gs crowd, these starbucks drinkers, they just want the appearance of 'round the world travellers...apparently....

...and yet many on this forum (whilst accusing others of being shallow and just riding a bike 'cos it looks good) say this bike isn't "adventure-looking" enough....it's just outrageous that ktm would make a bike that doesn't look like it could flatten the opposition off-road...I need to look like I'm better....come on ktm!

And how dare they not put on all the extras I want...which I would replace with aftermarket ones anyway...

And how could ktm have the temerity to try to resolve all the issues we moan about...we wanted smoother power delivery and a longer fuel range, easier maintenance etc...

We hate progress...we want ktm to fail...boo...hiss...for future reference ktm here's a few tips:

To placate hardcore, anti-progress, anti-evolution...anti-anything ktm riders - don't even try to make a more powerful, more sophisticated, fun motorcycle that doesn't look the way they want others to perceive them...when they're riding in the middle of nowhere laughing at all those starbucks drinkers having just as much fun on their bikes....they'll just hate it....even if you're doing it to get a bigger slice of the pie to develop more motorcycles which they will hate anyway...'cos they're new....and they don't have the sump guard they want....don't feed the children....

oh...and when someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't mean they don't have a sense of humour...far from it, I've been laughing like a drain! :D
  9. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Steward

Oddometer:
    Sooo my bike would, eventually, be an adventure frame with starbuck engine??:evil
  10. Bonsai Elephant

Bonsai Elephant Banned

Oddometer:
    God bless Bongo's fake n00bs!

Bringing psychopathic obsession to new heights since 2007!

11. NorseNiall

NorseNiall n00b

Oddometer:
    What....all of them were fake?!.....darling, get the axe would you.....:rofl
  12. Hayduke

Oddometer:
    Dude, lay off the 'bucks. We're just funnin'. :lol3
  13. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    I need some coffee.
  14. jimmex

Oddometer:
    La caja de Pandora està bien abierta.
  15. SwedishViking

SwedishViking Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was starting to believe that a big bunch of the KTM crowd has superpower abilities to tell how the new adventure will ride.... But hey, maybe they are just perfect humans reluctant to change (and the human brain seems to be predisposed to negativity and pessimism according to a lot of research).

Thanks for the refreshing posts from those people who look at the new adventure with an open mind. In any event, I believe that KTM has enough engineering and business smarts to know how to build fantastic bikes, and I also think they know their market segments and identity well enough. Besides, who says that there will be no additional models added to the lineup between the 690 and the 1190 for the offroad enthusiasts?? (Not all of the models of 2013 have been released yet...).

Cheers, J. (I am a GS rider so I guess you can dismiss my post easily since I am apparently not getting it):freaky.

16. Hayduke

Oddometer:
    ok one more. :lol3

[​IMG]
  17. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
  18. Hayduke

Oddometer:
    First 1190 I see doing that, I'll eat my words. :lol3