GEIGERRIG Pressurized Hydration Packs

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by GEIGERRIG, Feb 5, 2011.

1. igormortis

igormortis Cafe Reise

Oddometer:
    Hi, I’m looking into some mounting options for the Shuttle pack. Can you give me the approx. dimensions of the pack when filled please?
  2. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the delayed response....

I've been trying to upload image files like I used tube, but am having trouble:

1) Length of the SHUTTLE: 16 inches (top to bottom)
    2) Width of the SHUTTLE: 8.5 inches (side to side)
    3) Girth of the SHUTTLE: Approx. 5.5 inches (front to back when full)

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Bob Geiger
  3. leeinmemphis

leeinmemphis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to poke in for a little update on my packs.

I have now used several of the sizes including the 500,1200, bando model. Up until recently the 1200 has been my go to pack for riding the bikes and wearing it over my gear (aerostich road crafter). This week I also received a bando model and I have to say that this is going to be my go to model. For me the fit over my gear is much better with only having to deal with one strap.

Also the new pack came with a different bite valve that worked MUCH better than the original. In the past the bite valve would leak some while on the back from the movement of wind/turbulence while moving. The bando also has a magnet on the drink tube to return it to position. I think the bando is probably the most versatile piece of gear I've ever had. The other packs will be used by my kids and myself when camping/hiking but for riding the bando takes the cake.
  4. rmhrc628

rmhrc628 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to say I ordered mine this week and had it delivered in 3 days. Awesome pricing from the Australian importer means we dont need to buy OS. Pricing is almost dollar for dollar same.

I bought the Grig 1600, filter and insulator. $150 for a 3 liter "pump action" hydration pack is excellent. Camelback by comparison are a rip off.

I genuinely feel that the G-Rigs are going to take over from camelbacks. Once people realise the ease with which they work and the pricing is the same as camelback then it will be a no brainer.

On function alone camelbacks should be half the price because they have half the features of the g-rigs. Add in the "smart"design of the g-rigs and they are superior in all ways.

Keiran at Zen Imports was awesome to deal with and has the same passion for the g-rigs as we have for our bikes.

Excellent product that not only meets expectations but exceeds them.

Photos to come
  5. lostmarbles

lostmarbles Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have had my rig for a few months now and it stopped holding pressure
    any in put on this thanks it leaks. Down after
    About. 5min.
  6. 74C5

74C5 Long timer

Oddometer:
    1200 unit for $74.99 at the Folsom, CA store.
    Don't know about other locations.
  7. jrproper

jrproper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    GEIGERRIG's in Costco would be sweet... Phoenix stores??:wink:
  8. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey there...

Bob Geiger here with GEIGERRIG. I read above that there is a pack that appears to have lost pressure... We have a simple solution for that... Please contact me directly at bob@hubcityoutdoor.com and I'll put one of our customer service agents on it right away. We won't leave you hanging.

I am traveling until Monday, so if you need to reach me directly you can call me at 801-643-1806 (cell), office 801-823-3336 X101.

We will take care of you on this.

Best Regards,

Bob Geiger
    GEIGERRIG Hydration Packs
  9. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Bob speaks the truth. I had the same issue with mine until he heard about it... no more. Now mine holds pressure, no problem.

I sure like the new line... Wouldn't mind seeing one in person.
  10. GSQuester

GSQuester not-quite-a-n00b

Oddometer:
    I just found out about this model of the RIG and I really like the idea of mounting it on the bike like a tank bag instead of wearing a rig on my back. Thanks for listing the outer dimensions, but I'm looking for a bit more product info.

I see this Shuttle version has 2 zip pockets, but there isn't much info on how big they are exactly. Can Bob or anyone who may have this model tell me the dry storage volume of these pockets (maybe with pics)? I assume if I cram them full of stuff it may impact how full I can fill the water bladder, but I'd be okay with that if the Shuttle could do double duty as a small tank bag to hold for example a small digicam + sunglasses + wallet + keys + tire pressure gauge + whatever else I can think of... :D
  11. Bushveld

Bushveld Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm enjoying my 1600 pack. The pressurized system is definitely the highlight for me.

I missed a phone call this morning from a number I did not recognize. Checked my voicemail later and it was Matt from Geigerrig giving me a heads up about the filter they are sending me. I had been thinking over the past couple of days about contacting them for an update since I had not heard anything. Matt got to me first which was awesome. :clap I called him back to thank him for his attentive service. My thanks to GB and Geigerrig. :clap
  12. lostmarbles

lostmarbles Long timer

Oddometer:
    ok i posted this and with in a few day some one from geigerrig contacted me and with in a week i had a new
    new hydration engine in hand no Qestions ask customer service is the bomb :D i will buy form them again :clap:clap

13. NCK

NCK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've emailed and called Matt at Geigerrig twice with the following question. He's always been really nice, but hasn't yet been able to answer my question:

For me, the way a backpack fits on my body is really important. I have a backpack now that fits me like a dream, and am considering replacing it with the 1600. But I'd just like the security to know that if I buy it and it really doesn't fit my body type I can return it. There are no distributors near me (DC) so I can't go and try one on. Both times I've talked to Matt, he hasn't been sure whether I could return it, unused (but tried on) should it not fit, if I bought it over their website.

Just FYI to folks.
  14. tofire409

tofire409 Geared up and ready.

Oddometer:
    Just placed my order tonight!

I'm getting the Rig 500 in Citrus and an Insulated tube. :clap

The countdown is on till it lands in The Great White North :deal
  15. NCK

NCK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just to follow up - Yet again never heard from them. I was mystified, so I noticed a 1600 with "best offer" on eBay and they counter-offered me for $99 shipped. I took it. Oh well, I really did want to stick with buying direct...
  16. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ADV Riders,

I've been reading here that a couple guys here have had difficulty getting their questions answered. Boy am I sorry about that. We have tried so hard to provide great customer service, and the rapid growth of our company has certainly kept us on our toes.

I personally want you all to know that you have a direct route to me and Curt Geiger. My e-mail address is bob@hubcityoutdoor.com. Curt's e-mail is curt@hubcityoutdoor.com. You can also call our direct lines at 801-823-3336. X101 for me and X100 for Curt. WE WILL CALL YOU BACK.

We really value the inmates here at ADV rider, and will try our best to take care of you.

As a point of note... I'm getting about 350 e-mails a day now, so sometimes it is a good idea to just call my direct line and drop me a note. I promise I'll get back to you, as will Curt.

Thanks again to you all. Direct line to my desk...

Best Regards,

Bob Geiger
  17. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff Man of Mystery

Oddometer:
    None of the smaller packs come with the 100oz. hydration engine --correct?
    But which of the smaller packs can accommodate the bigger bladder?
    Is there an insulation pouch available for the engines?

Thanks!
  18. JustRon

JustRon ex-broadwayron

Oddometer:
    Anyone know if the 2L engine will work with an Ortlieb COR 13?
    (I like my waterproof backpack, but the Camelback hydration pack is a hassle to get in/out.)

I have a feeling no one has tried this combo, but figured I'd give it a shot.
  19. beverclan

beverclan Zip'n Onwards

Oddometer:
    I love fishing as well as motorcycling, and recently spend some time in TX doing both. Rode out to a ranch that a friend had a fishing lease on, ran about five miles on dirt roads, put on the water shoes and waded a bunch of tanks and a lake catching bass & bluegill on poppers/Clousers with a flyrod. Used the Geigerrig 700 for snackbars, water and fishing gear. Afterwards I had to rinse the mud off my feet to get back into boots. After a day on the water fishing I still had plenty of water on tap to rinse my feet, and the pressure-powered flow made the job really easy without using much water! Had enough to make it home. [​IMG]
  20. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Bob, any chance you guys might offer the Bando in the citrus color at some point?