How To Replace A Stolen Vespa

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Motovista, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Motovista

Motovista Go Fast, See Nothing

Oddometer:
    So my Vespa ET4 got stolen, and I was fairly upset. I had gotten it set up to my liking-
    [​IMG]
    I have been debating what to get next. I thought about another Vespa, either a PX150 or a 200L, but hadn't really settled on anything, hoping that whoever stole the Vespa realized they wouldn't be able to get it to run without the programmed key.
    Fortune smiled on me, in a way I wasn't expecting. Within two days, these scooters presented themselves to me-
    [​IMG]
    2006 Honda Big Ruckus. One owner with 2800 miles.
    AND
    [​IMG]
    2009 Yamaha Zuma 125. One owner, 9200 Miles.

Decisions, decisions.
  2. Warney

Warney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sucks that someone stole your Vespa.
    Check the weld on the frame crossmember below the left footboard on the Big Ruckus.
    I know which one to get.:evil
  3. steve_k

steve_k Long timer

Oddometer:
    Big Ruckus!
  4. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about your scooter getting stolen. I have never had a bike stolen before, but I did have an old car stolen once. It was worth maybe $1500, and was obviously not worth insuring. It was stolen out of a parking lot. Along with the car, I lost about $300 worth of CDs I had in it.

I own a 2012 Zuma 125 that I bought new, and it is a blast. But between those two, I would take the Big Ruckus. I used to hate the way it looked, but it's looks have grown on me. It now looks kind of like the scooter version of a KLR to me. But the big difference, what would in fact make all the difference to me, is that the Ruckus is freeway legal. My next scooter will definitely be freeway legal, even though I don't plan to spend much time on freeways. I recently took a 700+ mile trip on my Zuma, which required that I ride it 11 miles on a freeway to get there, and another 11 freeway miles to get back. All in all it was a very nice relaxing trip, but those 22 freeway miles seemed like 220 miles, and were the most nerve racking miles I have ridden in a long time. I don't know what was worse, being scared to death I was going to get run over, or get stopped by a cop. Had it not been for the cops, I would have ridden on the shoulder. I made it, but is not something I want to do again.
  5. gogogordy

gogogordy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Make some lemonade. Get the Big Ruck.

(Theyre still makin' Zumas.....)

Oh sorry about your Vespa.
  6. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    Stick on old cell phone somewhere on your ride and install the free peace of software called prey. You ll be able to use the gps to trace it and take pictures etc. Sorry you had this happen to you. I go with the ruckus
  7. Motovista

Motovista Go Fast, See Nothing

Oddometer:
    I got them both. Great deal on each. I've been riding the Big Ruckus quite a bit, and it's a very solid bike. The Zuma is a blast for short rides, and has a lot of pickup for a 125.
    MOPED MEDIC
  8. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    Congrats!!!

I love my Zuma but would love to give a 250 a try.
  9. greg531

greg531 greg531

Oddometer:
    People in my club that have Zuma 125's complain that it is slow....and not that reliable....I would look a Buddy 125/170, or Piaggio Typhoon 125, Vespa 152/200/250, Aprilia 125, Aprila Scarabeo 200, Sport City 250, Kymco 150/200/250's
    See what fits, and find a bargain.....it might be a time to move up in power, not down!