Ducati MultiStrada 1200

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Paulvt1, Sep 10, 2008.

1. jtnx650

jtnx650 Reinforced Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I recently bought this 2012 Multi - never thought I would pick buy one but after a test ride and what appeared a great deal due to clear a 2012 model Touring S this is now mine........

Not a great picture (from my Blackberry) but it sure is pretty in the flesh!:clap

[​IMG][​IMG]
  2. atgatt

atgatt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Yes, it is getting harder to find reasons not to buy one! Just need to ride one and if that goes well... get out the checkbook. :D
  3. Doug Piranha

Doug Piranha Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If I can find him, he's hiding from Spiny Norman right now.
  4. Sock Monkey

Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

Oddometer:
    Just take your checkbook to the test ride and save yourself a trip. :lol3

Seriously, once you ride one, you won't be able to write that check fast enough. :thumb

-SM
  5. tonymorr

tonymorr Malta,NY(Saratoga Spring)

Oddometer:
    I got a little ride in last weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now it's snowing here again :boid

6. rogerc

rogerc FJRider

Oddometer:
    Tony,
    NICE... already sold my FJR and can't wait to sell my DL650 and then its DUC time.
    What bars and sliders you have on that beauty?
    Also what top case?

I may have to rethink the red after seeing your silver.

RC
  7. tonymorr

Oddometer:
    Hey! That's what I did. Two bikes for one.

The bars are Ducati Performance. The sliders are Speedy Moto. The top case is a Givi B33 Monokey with optional silver top trim.
  8. Scoisgreat

Scoisgreat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys , I have a quick question, does the 2011 Multi need to have the ECU reflashed for smoother engine performance at low RPM ,or was it just the 2010 models ?
  9. Pampero

Pampero Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer:

Updates for various issues are a pretty regular routine as they are initiated by the factory but Ducati doesn't publish a list per se.
    I checked to see if there was an online list, but could only find this. They reflashed my bike last time I was over for a lock issue, if I recall, but the bike felt a bit better when I left. Placebo effect, perhaps.

Your dealer can make sure you have the latest firm/software, no big deal. They are probably the best place to check with (if you have a good one).
  10. Suruppak

Suruppak Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Has anyone tried Sargent's low seat?
  11. gkaan

gkaan Bikes on the Brain

Oddometer:
    same here...sold 2 street bikes a KTM 950SM and a R1200RT and replaced them with the MTS1200. dont miss either.
  12. jimmex

jimmex Guero con moto Supporter

Oddometer:
    I currently have a '11 GSA that I really like for touring but alas its kind of boring although in a good way. Its totally dialed in with suspension mods, aux lighting, seat, windshield, etc and I'm reluctant to get rid of it because its so...practical. What is your impression of the MTS compared to the RT for all around bike?
  13. Scoisgreat

Scoisgreat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :DThanks Pampero for the recall notice , much appreciated .
  14. Pampero

Pampero Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Service with smile:wink:
  15. Dr. Greg

Dr. Greg Tryin' to get home.. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, I got one a couple months ago, and I like it a lot. It's not much lower, but just enough to help. And it seems good for the long haul, but I've only done a 400-mile day on it so far.

I also got the "luggage platform" rear seat portion: looks dorky but provides a more stable platform for supporting all my camping gear, etc.

--Doc
  16. t-bills

t-bills brushed aluminum

Oddometer:
    I replaced an RT with my MTS 1200. I personally am more comfy on the MTS on long rides. It has less weather protection than the RT. It handles better than the RT. You get similar storage to the RT. I use it as my everyday transportation. I use it as my long distance tourer. I use it as my curvy road bike. It works great for all. You WILL have more stop time by people asking about the bike.
  17. Rcadd1ct

Rcadd1ct Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I did. With heat, too. Sent it back. Although it is lower, it is wider and pushed my feet further apart on the ground.

I ended up eith the pikes peak seat a,nd one foot. It at a light, or tip toe with two.
  18. desmodab

desmodab Oversized Canuck

Oddometer:
    My MTS is an '11 and I have not had anything done to the ECU and it runs smooth and no lean surge. I had a DL1000 VStrom that was absolutely brutal for the surge and rough running at low RPMs but the Duc is just fine.

DD
  19. Sock Monkey

Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

Oddometer:
    Ducati fiddled and futzed with the EFI mapping on the MTS 12 for quite a while. The '10-'12 all have the same map, and all run the same on the same map. There's no "that's a '10 problem" or "the '11 fixed it" with regards to EFI. The '13, however, is a completely different discussion.

-SM
  20. tonymorr

Oddometer:
    Pics of that rear section on the bike? I like the idea but I would have thoought they could have made it a little more pleasing to the eye.