Stupid questions people ask you when stopped

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by cold_fire, Apr 13, 2009.

1. scrubby81

scrubby81 Auto Builder

Oddometer:
    I'v gotten a few of these in last few days as the weather in W.I. has just started to break and I got the bikes out for the year. Dam sure nice day to be riding, Me yes it is, Them that your sled out at the pumps, Me nope to cold to be riding a sled, my bike two pumps down. them ahhhhhh what.
    You dont ride a sled but you will ride a bike in this weather, me yep . them your nutz :evil

Had my honda out three times this year so far got this every time this one was this am at the fuel station lol
  2. Droptop50

Droptop50 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm at a gas station when a guy walks up to me and starts talking bout my bike. After the usual "nice bike", "is it fast?" type stuff he realizes it is a BMW and says, "it's a BMW?" "I didn't know they made motorcycles, how long have they been making motorcycles?"

I told him, "about 90 years I guess", and he says, "well that shows you how dumb I am." He walks away....:lol3
  3. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Probably kicking himself for never having one, his wife wouldn't allow it......
  4. David R

David R I been called a Nut Job..

Oddometer:
    On my Versys in the rain on my way home from work.

A small american car pulls up next to me at a stop light and says "Nice bike" I said "Thanks"

Him: What size is it?
    Me: 650

Him: "Nice looking bike, I like the way it sits Like a cruiser"

I smiled said thanks and rode away.
  5. waveydavey

waveydavey happy times!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    This was not asked to me, but I was there. Gassing up at Merrit BC and some other rider was sitting on his bike waiting for a passenger to leave the store. The guy was riding a Honda VTX and sporting a leather vest with a patch on the back that said Riding for Jesus or something like that. Complete with all the little patches that are usually worn by the 1% er type guys. He also had a beanie and a skull face bandana. He's staring stright ahead looking all tough and stuff and as the gal he was waiting for nears his bike a fellow filling up his pick up truck shouts to her, "Hey sweety. Doesn't your mascot know that halloween is a couple of months away?" Lot's of laughs all over the station and tough christian biker dude stares straight ahead, ignoring it all. Awesome. :lol3
  6. Truckin_Thumper

Truckin_Thumper low profile

Oddometer:
    not really
  7. waveydavey

waveydavey happy times!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am easily amused.
  8. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:
    Yesterday while riding my KTM 690 Enduro, taking a break at a convenience store. An older gentleman walks up and asks, "Is that a Can-Am?".

My first though was, it only has 2 wheels:huh. Then remembered Can am used to make dirt bikes. I'm assuming that was where he was coming from because when I told him it was a KTM, I did not get the usual "Who makes that?".
  9. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    Yup, and they made orange ones too!

[​IMG]
  10. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:
    I figured he was probably an MX rider in the 70's... I think the KTMs were primarily white back then. (?)
  11. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Back when I had an Ossa, they let me come in the back to have a look at a Can Am, and an Ossa engine apart, side by side, way beefier on the CA, even though, at that time Ossa was the "King of the Hill" in MX.
  12. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    They were called Pentons back then............:rofl
  13. BK.RD.RNR

BK.RD.RNR Torque Stick

Oddometer:

:gerg

I was called diaper filler back then. :lol3
  14. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Those Penton engines Sached.
  15. GapRunr

GapRunr Well Known Hermit

Oddometer:
    I was gassing up in a small town north of Marion VA on Sunday at a gas station with two islands for the four pumps. The place is deserted. One employee inside, no one else in the parking lot, no cars on the street, almost like a ghost town.

As I am standing there in full gear, including my hemet, holding the nozzle in my filler and putting gas in the R80 a car pulls up. The guy gets out, walks over to me, and says "Is that your bike?"

:eek1

I realize he was probably just trying to make conversation but the question was a bit "out there".
  16. Salzig

Salzig Comfortably dumb

Oddometer:
    25+ years ago.
    Coming home from a nigth ride with some friends and my brother riding pillion on a friend's bike.
    Entering a small town, we got pulled over by cops.
    I was riding a Honda XL200R PD, little clone made in Italy of the XL600R ParisDakar: red frame, red plastics and big blue white and red tank.
    They checked our papers and registerd our data (and my bike become white...)
    When they started giving back the papers, one of the cops called me by name and stated:
    "You have a brother!"
    :huh
  17. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:

Proper answer: No, I'm just the full service attendant. The owner loaned me his gear so I could fill it up while he went inside to get a drink.
  18. Bobby Ginger

Bobby Ginger Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    I usually enjoy the small talk but do not appreciate the silly questions.

When I was doing my IBA ride I had a guy that really wanted to chat motorcycles and lament that is harley brethern never wanted to ride, they only wanted to go to events. In these siutuations I have developed the polite way to say I need to go.
  19. HooliKen

HooliKen Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer:
    You know this makes you One Sixteenth Ghey right?
  20. Petzl

Petzl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gassing up at a station the other day and this guy came up and asked why I was putting gas under my seat. "is that some kind of reserve or something? how many more miles does that get ya?" :huh

BMW F800GS