Upcoming Trials Events

Discussion in 'Trials' started by AnnieGS, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Paul Master

Paul Master Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Feb 20 Frank Raines

Mar 27-28 Prairie City SVRA

Apr 10-11 Chrome, CA
    Apr 24-25 Hollister Hills SVRA

May (No PITS trials, but Columbia Cup in Goldendale,WA on 15-16)

Jun 12-13 PITS Property

Jul 3-4 Donner Ski Ranch
    Jul 31 National Championship Trial Donner Ski Ranch

Aug 1 National Championship Trial Donner Ski Ranch
    Aug 7-8 PITS Property
    Aug 28-29 Niagra Creek, CA

Sep 11-12 Bear Valley
    Sep 25-26 PITS Property

Oct 9-10 PITS Property

Nov 6-7 Marshall, CA
  2. Knute Dunrvnyet

Knute Dunrvnyet Padawan

Oddometer:
    http://members.dmcom.net/~3dtrials/

2010 3-D SCHEDULE

APRIL 25
    Krushed Kaiser Kup
    MOSQUITO POINT ROAD
    MUNNSVILLE NY

JUNE 13
    Sponge Bob Cup
    SANGERFIELD NY

AUGUST 21&22
    Picnic Cup
    JAMESVILLE NY

AUGUST 29
    La BURG CUP
    DUANESBURG NY

SEPTEMBER 19
    Cat Cup 1
    ROMER MTN Phoenicia NY

OCTOBER 3
    Cat Cup 2
    HUNTER MTN SKI AREA
    HUNTER NY

OCTOBER 24
    V Cup
    VESTAL NY

3. OaklandStrom

OaklandStrom Long timer

Oddometer:
    How spectator friendly is the event at Donner?

4. Sting32

Sting32 Trials Evangelist

Oddometer:
    Ok, Here is the skinny on how to find BIG events like the Nationals (as well as clubs) This is the sanctioning body for trials in the USA http://www.natctrials.org/

The event in oklahoma is rounds 1&2 of 10 rounds of the nationals, held at 5 different locations in the USA.

/begin rant... {Not changing any words in this post, but I am highlighting the parts I think are misread}

Fortunately, if you go there to NATC.org, and find the Blue Schedule button, they have the 1st 2 locations with links to VERY sparse information for each location. {IMHO} It should have a link (when available) to the local clubs website! but we'll see if they can do that or not. (this part was written after I typed below at same color text)
    /end rant

As I type, I regret to say that IMHO this is terrible truth in this day and age, but it is all volunteer work as clubs dont pay people to maintain websites, just so you know. Trials {thank god} isnt a profit center for anyone unlike big motocross, which is good because it really isnt an expensive sport either. But it leaves it up to volunteers to do what high paid advertising people do pretty well... Someday maybe RedBull will be interested in our amature sport, who knows.

{But Im gonna see if I can rattle NATC to put more information there, at least for the texhoma website, I dont know anything about the eastern clubs yet.}

So about rounds 1&2, the club responsible for this is a "hybrid" club, (essentially sharing members from clubs in OK, & Texas I think). This club is called Texhoma, the land is Due east of Ardmore OK. You pull off the paved road about half way between Ravia and Tishomingo OK.

THe ORANGE TEXT BELOW IS AN OPINION, judge for yourself. I would take it back if I could but it is like closing the barn door after the cow has left...
    The Texhoma website is http://www.texhomatrialsclub.com Terrible web page due to lack of upkeep, but there is a map at the top (where it says WELCOME TEXAS & OKLAHOMA TRIALS EVENT CALANDER. This has the important location information and GPS coordinates. and a calendar from google.

Probably isnt so bad, It had/has the Flyer for the Nationals up there, so but I was thinking, would be nice to see the sooner cup results, LOL. Anyhow my main last position is, we're not paid professionals, at any of these clubs. everything is volunteer, so if I made it sound personal that your site is terrible imho, due to lack of updated stuff, that isnt personal. it is NOT as if I said it to do anything but point it out to anyone going there, so they don't say "Gee, sting32 tells this site is a good site for this, but crap, it is old and it sucks..."

FWIW, long standing NEOTT is the "north eastern" oklahoma gang, they kind of keep up with things, so check here once in a while, http://www.neott.com/ (well it was the only place to post ANY information on the results from the Sooner Cup held by Texhoma club.)

hope this helps,

/begin Monty Python voice as you read this last thing: "and then there was much rejoicing..." :freaky
  5. Sting32

Oddometer:
    Ok this same NATC website has a decent database of clubs and contact info when they dont have a website.({Since I didnt check, I have felt the need to speculate} who knows if the data is old or not)

If you saw on the left the blue "club Directory" button, it took you here with a NON-alphabetical listing of states and club info http://www.natctrials.org/club_directory.htm go look.

I could have this confused, it very well could been NATC's links were more up to date}
    Someone else somewhere on the net had a Probably should have said "another" insted of -> better clublist for usa. I cant find it {and it well could have been why I couldnt find the one I had in my head, lol.}

I meant this as a tip when looking for anything, no matter who's links you use, if you have a problem with old links, like I have a time or 2,000,000...

But Here's a BIG hint. if you'll think this way, when trying to find clubs, say from that NATC's list:

For example, {At one time, not long ago} had a helluva time finding out Nebraska's site, but I {WENT TO} Missouri's site (KC club at least) and noticed they had a link to {omaha nebraska's club which is MWTA}

so when you look through a list, find RMTA (colorado), go there, you'll find WMTA (wyoming) is being linked, they link to other clubs, many times I see this. so if you find a club in around Boston, there might be links to other nearby clubs.

:thumb {updated this 'story' so even though I knew what I was thinkin, I didnt want everyone thinking I was baggin on NATC...}
  6. Old_Lion

Old_Lion Crotchety Biker

Oddometer:
    <TABLE style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed; WIDTH: 682pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=909 border=0 x:str><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 18pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=24><TD class=xl49 style="WIDTH: 599pt" width=799 colSpan=5>2010 Schedule</TD><TD class=xl26 style="WIDTH: 48pt" width=64></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20></TD><TD class=xl27></TD><TD class=xl26></TD><TD class=xl28></TD><TD class=xl26 style="mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=21><TD style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt" height=21></TD><TD class=xl29>Date</TD><TD class=xl30>Location</TD><TD class=xl31>Map</TD><TD class=xl30>Organizer</TD><TD class=xl30>Phone #</TD><TD class=xl26></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20></TD><TD class=xl27></TD><TD class=xl26></TD><TD class=xl28></TD><TD class=xl26 style="mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR class=xl26 style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD class=xl26 style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20></TD><TD class=xl32>April 18</TD><TD class=xl26>4415 Vanderstow Rd, Auburn, NY</TD><TD class=xl33>GO</TD><TD class=xl26>Mike Komer</TD><TD class=xl26>(315) 497-3268</TD><TD class=xl26></TD></TR><TR class=xl26 style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD class=xl26 style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20></TD><TD class=xl32></TD><TD class=xl26>Frozen Ocean MX Park</TD><TD class=xl33></TD><TD class=xl26 style="mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR class=xl26 style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD class=xl26 style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20></TD><TD class=xl32>May 2</TD><TD class=xl26>I47 Clark Hollow Rd, Pine City, NY 14871</TD><TD class=xl33>GO</TD><TD class=xl26>Regan Faught</TD><TD class=xl26>(607) 732-3027</TD><TD class=xl26></TD></TR><TR class=xl26 style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD class=xl26 style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20></TD><TD class=xl32>May16</TD><TD class=xl26>1100 White Hill No. 2 Rd, Alma, NY 14708</TD><TD class=xl33>GO</TD><TD class=xl26>Richard Freer</TD><TD class=xl26>(716) 372-4576</TD><TD class=xl26></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20></TD><TD class=xl32>May 23</TD><TD class=xl26>1060 Salmon Creek Rd, Lansing, NY</TD><TD class=xl33>GO</TD><TD class=xl26>Contact Steve Fedorka</TD><TD class=xl26>(315) 497-3408</TD><TD class=xl26></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD class=xl26 style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20></TD><TD class=xl34>June 26</TD><TD class=xl35>National Two Day Event</TD><TD class=xl36>GO</TD><TD class=xl35>David Reed Sr.</TD><TD class=xl37>(607) 796-9558</TD><TD class=xl26></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20></TD><TD class=xl38>June 27</TD><TD class=xl39>6371 Morrell Road, Cayuta, NY 14824</TD><TD class=xl40></TD><TD class=xl39>David Reed Sr.</TD><TD class=xl41></TD><TD class=xl26></TD></TR><TR class=xl26 style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD class=xl26 style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20></TD><TD class=xl32>July 18</TD><TD class=xl50 style="WIDTH: 241pt" width=321>Ferran Rd & Wheeler Rd, Fassett, PA 16925</TD><TD class=xl33>GO</TD><TD class=xl26>Judy DiFasi</TD><TD class=xl26>(607) 742-6648</TD><TD class=xl26></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20></TD><TD class=xl32>Aug 1</TD><TD class=xl26>2759 Mills Rd, Montour Falls, NY 14865</TD><TD class=xl33>GO</TD><TD class=xl26>Jody Bliss</TD><TD class=xl26>(607) 535-9893</TD><TD class=xl26></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD class=xl26 style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20></TD><TD class=xl32>Aug 22</TD><TD class=xl26>47 Abbots Rd, Cuba, NY</TD><TD class=xl33>GO</TD><TD class=xl26>George Brinkwart</TD><TD class=xl26>(585) 247-5508</TD><TD class=xl26></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD class=xl26 style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20></TD><TD class=xl42>Sept 4</TD><TD class=xl43>6371 Morrell Rd, Cayuta, NY 14824</TD><TD class=xl36>GO</TD><TD class=xl43>Eric Reed</TD><TD class=xl44>(607) 738-6424</TD><TD class=xl26></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD class=xl26 style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20></TD><TD class=xl45>Sept 5</TD><TD class=xl46>6371 Morrell Rd, Cayuta, NY 14824</TD><TD class=xl47></TD><TD class=xl46>Ben Williamson</TD><TD class=xl48>(607) 796-9043</TD><TD class=xl26></TD></TR><TR class=xl26 style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD class=xl26 style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20></TD><TD class=xl32>Sept 19</TD><TD class=xl26>4030 County Road 6, Cuba, NY 14727</TD><TD class=xl33>GO</TD><TD class=xl26>Kendal Karn</TD><TD class=xl26>(716) 968-2329</TD><TD class=xl26></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20></TD><TD class=xl32>Oct 10</TD><TD class=xl26>2992 Pearl St, Moreland, NY 14812</TD><TD class=xl33>GO</TD><TD class=xl26>Carl Peters</TD><TD class=xl26>(607) 535-9321</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.district4trials.org/2010/2010Schedule.htm
  7. darmst6829

darmst6829 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. Old_Lion

Old_Lion Crotchety Biker

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

http://www.district4trials.org/

Aug 1. 2010

759 Mills Rd, Montour Falls, NY 14865

Info:
    Jody Bliss (607) 535-9893

http://www.district4trials.org/2010/2010Schedule.htm

GO Mapquest

Google Maps:
    http://tinyurl.com/2cgll82

Arrows will be posted.
    ===========================

New Rider Orientation Program:

Who - New riders of all ages, from kids on small-wheeled motorcycles and bicycles, to adults on full-size trials motorcycles.

What
    - A fun event and orientation program for newcomers to the sport of

Observed Trials. You will learn basic rules, section marking, how to score, basic riding techniques, and physical expectations

When - This program will be conducted at each scheduled event. Starting time is 10:00 AM, ready to ride. Finishing time is 11:15 AM.

Where - At all scheduled events. See "Schedule" for dates, locations, and maps.

Protective Equipment - Mandatory for all riders- helmet.
    Suggested for motorcycle riders- riding boots or work boots, long-sleeve jerseys or shirts, riding pants or jeans.
    Optional for all riders- gloves, elbow pads, shin pads

Entry Fee - NONE. We want you to get started in the best fashion.

Instruction - Provided by mature adults with many years experience.

Questions - Mike Komer at Tryals Shop, Locke, NY (315) 497-2904. http://tryalsshop.com/

Danny Voak in Dundee, NY (607) 243-7221
    =====

George
  9. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
  10. ridenm

ridenm WALSTIB Supporter

Oddometer:
    Daughter's got a birthday party to attend on Friday--looks like we'll be coming up waaaay too early Saturday morning.

:cry
  11. jjustj

jjustj Long timer

Oddometer:
    Back in Colorado. Cedaredge or delta or.....
    CZECH REPUBLIC TRIAL GP TO DECIDE FINAL ORDER

The small town of Kramolin located one hundred and twenty Kilometres South of the capital city of Prague and close to the Austrian / Czech Republic border holds the responsibility for deciding the final order in the 2010 SPEA FIM Trial World Championship. Only one position is clear at the moment, with Toni Bou - Repsol Montesa having already been declared champion at the penultimate Grand Prix in Italy.

Free of any real pressure Bou will be at his most dangerous for the final round of the 2010 series and just could play his part in deciding the rankings that fall behind him. Unlike other forms of motorsport, team orders are almost impossible in Trial, so Bou's team mate Takahisa Fujinami - Repsol Montesa will have to rely on his own performance if he is to snatch the vice champion's position away from Adam Raga - Gas Gas.

Victories on the second day of the Grand Prix held in Portugal and Great Britain have put Fujinami in with a chance of securing his best finish in the championship since back in 2006. Raga's sole win of the season came on the closing day in Japan, and despite his sixth place at the French GP the double FIM Trial World Champion has kept himself in contention for a top two finish thanks to his consistency throughout the rest of the year. A mere two points separates these two protagonists after a season long battle.

A similar margin, this time three points, is the gap between Albert Cabestany - Sherco and Jeroni Fajardo - Beta who are currently fighting it out for fourth spot in the general standings. Fajardo has enjoyed the stronger run of form over the last three counting days following his disasterous showing at the British round. Seventh in Italy was Cabestany's equal worst result of his campaign, Albert's other black moment coming on day two of the Japanese GP during yet another season when he has failed to realise his true potential.

In the Junior class only eleven points currently splits the top three riders when their best nine results are taken into consideration, the same number of counting days will decide the eventual champion. Britain's Jack Challoner - Beta has ridden his way back to the top of the points table after back to back victories in San Marino and Italy. Spain's Alfredo Gomez - Montesa will need to regain the form that has already netted him two wins this season, if he is to defeat Challoner and to keep Alexandre Ferrer - Sherco at bay.

With Pol Tarres - Gas Gas having wrapped up the Youth title with room to spare, it is now down to Jack Sheppard - Beta and Carles Traviesa - Gas Gas to scrap it out for second place in this class. Sheppard holds the upper hand as they head to the Czech Republic, but will not under estimate his young Spanish rival with Traviesa having beaten him on a number of previous occasions throughout the year.

All in all round eight of the 2010 SPEA FIM Trial World Championship is shaping up to be an interesting and exciting finale to a six month campaign that started at the Spanish GP back in April. Since then the riders have visited no less than seven different countries, including the long trip to Japan, before heading to Kramolin this weekend to complete the eleventh and final counting day of the series.

coutesy of jake miller
    :beer
  12. Gordo83

Gordo83 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The woods of Rhode Island will come alive during the 5th Annual New England Vintage Trials Championship at the Rhode Island Trials Club facilities on Escoheag Road in Exeter, RI on Saturday September 25, 2010. The event gets more popular every year, and almost 30 riders competed on the slippery rocks in 2009. Veteran Wayne Galvin lost out in a close battle with former New England trials champion Danny Allen; both riders were on Bultaco Sherpas.
    The first US round of the World Trials Championship was held at the same location in 1975, and much of the same rocky terrain will be incorporated into this year’s event. The 1975 event was won by Malcolm Rathmell on a Montesa, who finished third in the world championship that year behind the Bultacos of Martin Lampkin and Yrjo Vesterinen. It was a magical time for the sport of trials, and the sport reached unparalleled popularity in both Europe and the US. The September event at Exeter will try to recreate the spirit of the period.
    The event starts at 11:00am, and riders will ride eight sections over three loops of the course. Three lines will be offered in each section—an easy, beginner’s line; a novice line for riders with some experience, and an expert line for the more skilled riders. Entry for the day is $30, and the entry fee includes a free event t-shirt. You must be an AMA member to ride.
    Classes are offered for a variety of vintage trials bikes, but most riders compete in the Classic Twin Shock class which is open to Yamaha TY, Honda TL, and Suzuki RL trials bikes as well as the Spanish trials bikes from manufacturers like Bultaco, Montesa, and Ossa. Bikes must be fitted with trials tires to compete in the event; knobbies are not allowed. More details are available from Dave Allen at (508) 285-6074. The vintage rules are posted on the club’s web site at: www.ritrialsclub.com/vintagerules.htm. Camping is not allowed at the site of the event, but camping is available along Escoheag Road.
    A modern trial will be held at the same location the following day, September 26, sanctioned by the New England Trials Association (www.newenglandtrials.org). Vintage bikes are welcome to compete in the Vintage Twin Shock class (three lines available) and in the Beginner’s class
  13. soupbill

soupbill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    26th Stoney lonesome 2 day sept.18th & 19th near Nashville - Columbus Indiana see Trialsinc.org for details. 12 sections 3 loops per day . there will be a trail bike class.
  14. Sting32

Oddometer:
    Late posting this, usually let the club people post, but oh well...

Info here: http://www.octobertest.com/

Huge loop, or so they imply, lol.
  15. Monty348

Monty348 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This coming Sunday the Tri-State Trialers will be hosting the final event of this year's MAVT series motorcycle trials at Granogue Delaware. There are classes for both vintage and modern bikes as well as all skill levels of riders. Competition starts at 11am. on Sunday.
    Anyone interested in trying trials for the first time (you need a trials bike of course) come out for a fun day. Entry details are on the flyer. It's also a great time just walking to the sections and watching the riders compete. We use "no stop" rules so you don't need to be able to balance while stopped or hop your bike sideways. Many of the cycles are vintage trials machines from the 70's so spectators get a bike show as a bonus.
    Granogue is located along the Brandywine river near Centerville De. not far south of the Pa. state line. From US RT1 go south on RT52 to Centerville De., turn left on Center Meeting Road and then right at Montchanin Rd.. Entrance is second driveway on the left.
    http://mavt.homestead.com/Event_Post_10.pdf

[​IMG]
  16. motojunky

motojunky Professional Idiot

Oddometer:
    I rode this event a couple of years ago. It's a really nice place to ride. Depending on how my weekend shakes out, I may go and spectate or even ride.

Anyone local thinking of going? I'd like to hook up with another local trials rider(s) to play ride.
  17. tilliejacques

tilliejacques gnarly girl Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=NewsHeader>NATC 2011 Schedule </TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=9 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=NewsBox>2 day: April 30, May 1: CTTA, Bronte, TX (betw. San Angelo and Abilene) www.TexanaOffroad.com

2 day: June 11, 12: Pennsylvania, Rausch Creek Racing (near Tower City PA) www.rauschcreekmotorsports.com

3 day: June 25, 26, 27: Tenn, Trials Training Center (near Sequatchie TN) www.trialstrainingcenter.com

Best 5 of 7 count towards ranking.

see you there!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  18. neilking

neilking Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like a good year for me to go to Sequatchie! I'll have to work the Bronte event.
  19. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    Hosting an event in beautiful, not-so-downtown Roswell, New Mexico (Yes, that Roswell [​IMG]) next weekend, November 6th and 7th. Featuring Yours Truly setting lower sections for Saturday. Cool people, cool terrain, cool event! Join us! More info at http://www.nmtrials.org/

:thumb [​IMG] [​IMG]
  20. roadholder

roadholder Long timer

Oddometer: