Aluminum raid toolbox for the Yamaha Super Tenere at ADV Motorrad!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rotaryracer, Dec 9, 2012.

1. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ADV Motorrad is the North America distributor for DS Bike Protection products, a motorcycle hard parts manufacturer based out of Agulada, Spain (near Barcelona) primarily specializing in products for the BMW GS-series. We are very pleased to announce they are now starting to build parts for the Yamaha Super Tenere! While there are other products in development, their first product for the XT1200Z is a version of the highly popular raid toolbox. Designed to fit with your OEM Yamaha panniers, the DSBP toolbox adds approximately 3L of lockable, waterproof storage space easily accessible from the rear of the bike. The box is made of 2mm aluminum for durability and installs in minutes using mounts designed to work with the Super Tenere OEM mounts.

The toolbox is currently in production now, with inventory availability in late December. Any questions, please contact me at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com or PM me here. Thanks!

Raid Toolbox for the XT1200Z Super Tenere - $159.99 -

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some new pictures of the Super Tenere toolbox...the first order of 10 should be arriving late this week! The last two pictures show how it tucks behind a SW Motech pannier rack. Click on any of the pictures to link to the ADV Motorrad product page...any questions, please PM or email me at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Photorama! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some new pictures showing how it mounts up with the OEM cases. The adjustment allows it to be moved up a bit for additional clearance and still retain the full size. Racks that have a crossbrace above where the box mounts will require the box to be positioned lower.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys - just had a customer mount up a toolbox behind a set of Happy Trail SU pannier racks, and it fit great! He used the OEM mount kit and there's plenty of clearance.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I have good stock of the OEM/Happy Trail compatible toolboxes at our shop in New York, and am expecting an updated Touratech and SW-Motech fitment in the next couple of weeks. Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks!
  6. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some new updates.....
    • SW-Motech/Trax "High Clearance" box is underway and I hope to see them by the end of the month. Thanks to those of you that have been waiting so patiently!
    • In addition to the confirmed Happy Trails fit, the raid toolbox also works behind GIVI racks! It's a snug fit (and I think there's actually a bit more more door opening space than the photo shows), but works great behind the rack.
    Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Jason

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  7. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Very nice setup.. :thumb You might want to post pics of possible contents of the box to illustrate its holding capacity.
  8. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    GB, great idea! I don't have pics of a Super Tenere box, but here's a quick video review of the raid toolbox for the R1200GS Adventure. The GSA box is slightly larger (about 4.5L versus the 3L of the Super Tenere necessitated by a higher floor height for caliper clearance), but hopefully it will give an idea of what will fit in there. It's the perfect spot for tucking away tools, tire plug kits/CO2 cartridges, etc. - things you probably don't need every day, but definitely want with you if you heading off on a decent sized trip.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LpiAZtk96uU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​
  9. NJ-Bill

NJ-Bill Life is good Supporter

Oddometer:
    Why does your website indicate pre-order when OEM panniers are selected in the drop-down box?
  10. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your interest! Our inventory can sometimes get out of sync with actual stock during the busy season, but we do have five of the newest Generation III raid toolboxes in stock in anodized silver. We are out of stock on the black anodized version, so that is correctly showing a "Pre-Order" status. When you submit a pre-order, you reserve one from the next shipment we receive from Spain.

I see this thread is a bit out of date, as there have a number of new improvements....fully welded construction (versus rivet/sealant), rubberized dust guard over the lock, and full anodizing...so will post new updates shortly.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Jason
  11. Dell_dude

Dell_dude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How wide is that box?

I'm wondering if some different brackets were used if it would work on a KTM with balanced pannier racks, like this (would obviously mount on the left):

Not my photo, but that is the pannier frame setup.
    [​IMG]