BMW R1150RT / 1200RT / R1250RT Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Hondo, Apr 28, 2010.

1. BlueBlazerIrregular

BlueBlazerIrregular Bike Punk

Oddometer:
    when leaving for work at 0600, my wife couldn't be more insistent on the Buell with a drummer exhaust being pushed to the end of the block before being started, or simply starting the BMW at ANY time and leaving from in front of the apartment with NO issues from her or any neighbor.

GREAT SHIRT!

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
  2. Budman

Budman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So, who has used a "Booster Plug on their R1200RT? Id not even heard of one till today. Ive not had any trouble with surging but will this improve the performance or gas mileage?

Who has had any experience?

Bud
  3. oldspice1972

oldspice1972 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just picked up a leftover '12 RT last week. Great bike so far. Ok, carry on.
  4. zenduddhist

zenduddhist Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congratulations...
  5. JBADV

JBADV searching for sanity

Oddometer:
    Congratulations.What color and options ?
  6. Rapid Dog

Rapid Dog bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer:
    I've got a well sorted '05 with full tilt OEM accessories +++ that I'm looking to trade or sell if anyone is interested, PM or E-me.
  7. sb955i

sb955i Grudge no toil.

Oddometer:
    Hi Budman,
    I installed a booster plug this summer. Zip tied the temp sensor at the front of the frame. Slightly better partial throttle control, slightly less vibes, and mileage improved from 4.5 to 4.1 l/100km. From my experiences, I'd recommend it. It's made the bike smoother.
  8. Rapid Dog

Rapid Dog bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer:
    I just installed one, but not the BP, opted for the Accelerator Plug less expensive and does the same trick.
    Slow going seems to no longer be an issue. Pretty smooth throughout the RPM. '05 RT with K&N and full Lazer exhaust.
  9. zenduddhist

zenduddhist Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had bascially the same experience with the Booster Plug. I notice it particularly at idle to 1/4 throttle.
  10. bobobob

bobobob IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Oddometer:
    90th anniversary model.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. oldspice1972

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I got the tri-color (beige magnesium whale skin, or some other such nonsense) - it's like sliver and tan and brown. I got pretty much everything on it except for TPS and ASC.
  12. oldspice1972

Oddometer:
    Wow - very nice.
  13. NavyDiveDoc

NavyDiveDoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I want one of these very badly...
  14. CrustyAPO

CrustyAPO Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    That is a sharp looking bike.
  15. ka5ysy

ka5ysy Doug

Oddometer:
    Darth Vader would buy it for certain.

Look at the investment possibility though: This might be the last iteration of the Camhead engine and air/oil cooled boxer RT. That might explain all the black. Requiem for a legend.
  16. adventurebound9517

adventurebound9517 Long timer

Oddometer:

Your in luck, I have a 2011 RT that is loaded. Send me a PM if you are serious and I will send info and pictures.
    Phillip
  17. NavyDiveDoc

NavyDiveDoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been debating an RT purchase for awhile, but have not been in a big hurry. I will buy one of the camheads, 2011+ at some point. Perhaps a fly and ride from AZ?

This specific post was really just about the 90th anniversary edition, which is gorgeous. I need to talk to the local dealer to see how these are going to be optioned out; can I get it without the stereo, ESA, TPM and other gadgets that will break or will it only be available with everything. I'm very tempted to buy the last of the air cooled boxers.
  18. Kerfuffle

Kerfuffle Mostly Harmless

Oddometer:
    Wow, stunning!

I really love the RT, but after taking a demo on a Tiger Explorer, I keep thinking a bike as solid as the RT with an engine like the Triumph Triple would be a real winner. The new Trophy will be big competition for the RT, but just from the photos, you can tell the RT has sorted out details better than the Triumph - look at the audio controls, for example. I am waiting to ride the Trophy before committing to the RT.
  19. JBADV

JBADV searching for sanity

Oddometer:
    I wish that the stereo multi control thing on the left grip could be shut off after use.I find the volume or stations change quite often when turning or using the directional switch.I still like the bike alot,just a few little things that could use some tweaking.
  20. Budman

Budman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well ive only got 3700 miles on my 2012 RT but I think Im going to have to have that 90th Edition. I love black motorcycles and if I could have had one in 2012 I would have had one. The gold accents are very cool. Im going to need to have a black topbox and a black Wonderlich luggage rack.

Ive emailed my dealer to see when they will be available and what its going to cost me. A fellow in the office is looking for an RT so maybe he will want mine oterwise ill be trading it in.

Bud