Shoei Neotec VS Schuberth C3 - Impressions and Comparo

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Motodisiac, Feb 8, 2012.

1. AL417

AL417 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, my bad for saying comparison video. Revzilla has a vid for both the Nolan and the Shoei. They don't compare them head to head (pun intended).
  2. janpe

janpe n00b

Oddometer:
    Tried on a pre production version of the Neotech at my local dealer today. Seems like a nice helmet. When i tried on the c3 i felt i was between two sizes(m and l) but the medium Neotec felt really good.

They also had a small quiz which i won and the price is off course a Shoei Neotec which i will receive in March:clap
  3. David Shapiro

David Shapiro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just came back from the Chicago show, where I tried on all the helmets. I really wanted the Schubarth to fit. Unfortunately, it was like putting my neck into a noose. No go. The Shoei was extremely well built, and quiet. At the end of the day, the Nolan was the best fit for me. Besides having enough room for my large chin, the giant eyeport/shield was the deal maker for me. Add to that the integrated Bluetooth, and I ordered and paid for it on the spot. It comes in 2-3 weeks.

David
  4. greer

greer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    David,

That was the Nolan N104?

Sarah
  5. David Shapiro

David Shapiro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes.
  6. greer

greer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks.

I'm hoping to check them out in Daytona.

Sarah
  7. mb90535im

mb90535im '05 R1200 GS

Oddometer:
    I have a N104 on pre-order also. Really looking forward to it. Currently wearing a Shoei Multi-tec which has never fit my head exactly to my liking.
  8. Pappy541

Pappy541 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am wanting to buy a neotec to replace my 5 year old multitec. I really like the multitec and it fits great. My concern is fit. Does the neotec fit the same as my multitec. Web bike review indicates that the shape could be different.
  9. Sailorlite

Sailorlite Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    If the current Shoei Multitec fits comfortably, will the Neotec also fit comfortably? I'd like to be able to buy the Neotec without having to go to the local dealer to try it on first.

I'm a little afraid of the Schuberth due to concerns about forehead pain from the padding and throat pain from the ratchet strap - although most reports indicate those are not very common problems. If the Multitec fits, do I need to test-wear the C3 before buying one - or do they fit the same heads?
  10. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    The internal shape of the Neotec is fairly similar to Multitec. The biggest difference is a ton more room in the chin area and of course retractable sun visor.

D.
  11. jcook004

jcook004 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I also want to replace my Multitec with the Neotec, and had that same concern. I wear an XXL multitec that fits me perfectly. I tried on the XXL Neotec at the Chicago motorcycle show yesterday, and it fits perfect as well. The Neo felt a TINY bit more snug, but I believe that's simply because it was new. Also, there IS more room at the chin bar. I'm now confident that I can order the Neotec, and get the same fit as my Multitec.
    Jody
  12. Pappy541

Pappy541 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just the answer I was hoping for. The closest dealer that might have one ( when they come out) is 200 miles away. And the closest International show is 600 miles. So trying one on is hard to work out. Thanks!!!!!!!!
  13. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Well, the production models just came in and I can confirm that it fits a little tighter than the Multitec in the cheeks, but very close overall - does not work with my Schuberth head at all :D
  14. yohud

yohud Hud

Oddometer:
    I just happened to stop by the local shop and a rep was there with the new NeoTech. I took both the C3 and NT out for a 15 minute ride. I placed my order for the NT. Both were very good. Both were a huge step up from my current gear. The NT got the edge in sound (at least for my size and bike characteristics), fit, easy of operation, venting, price, and glasses channel (for us visually challenged). The C3 had the edge due to the ratchet closure (which I prefer) and better drop down visor optics. I really was planning on buying the C3 with my gift card, even had it with me, but had to go with the NT which I am confident will keep me smiling as I ride for years to come. You won't go wrong with either, but be sure to try both if you can.
  15. ZumWohl

ZumWohl I got this round

Oddometer:
    Revzilla said they'd be shipping my Neotec TODAY!!!:clap

A seemingly l-o-n-g wait will hopefully be ending next week.:1drink
  16. Core10metal

Core10metal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dirty Jersey...actually, clean north Jersey
    Just got my Neotech from Revzilla today. Looks nice. I bought this solely on quieting my ride. I use earplugs but the wind noise is still there and getting unbearable. Hoping Neotech helps. Considered the C3 but the fit for me was not great. I'm coming off of a Shoei RF1100. I consider that a loud, not so great helmet. The Neotech has padding in the ear cavity, the RF1100 did not.
    Quality of the Neotech looks good as it should. I was a large in the RF1100 and the Neotech large fit well. If this lid doesn't silence things, my next step is custom ear plugs for about $250 usd.
    I'll update my review after I ride this weekend...crossing my fingers.
    (I also need to figure out how to reduce the buffeting on my r1150r with sport screen which is the main culprit)
  17. Aussijussi

Aussijussi Long timer

Oddometer:
    The moto cop's here, Finland, chose Nolan n 104 as their helmet. I've got a shoei hornet, and it's nothing to write home about, i mean over 400 euro, i think Schubert is even more, i saw the n 104 for sale on a italian web site for 250e, might just take that on.
  18. mb90535im

mb90535im '05 R1200 GS

Oddometer:
    I have a N-104 on pre-order. $349 USD shipped. Looking forward to receiving it. I considered the Neo-tec as I wear a Shoei Multi-tec now, but to be honest they priced themselves out of my market.
  19. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    You absolutely cannot compare Schuberth or Shoei with products like Nolan. N102, N90 and N103 helmets are stamped plastic - good for car bumpers but not for your head's protection. There is a reason they are so much cheaper. You always get what you pay for.
  20. Aussijussi

Aussijussi Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know one thing for sure, i'll never pay over 400 euros for a lid again. Testing helmets for impacts, they found the cheaper lids are just as strong. The only thing expensive helmets might be better at, is the comfort. The 400+ euro Shoei Hornet i have, has the sun visor in such a position that its absolutely useless, you cant bring it forward enough to give any shade from the sun, had to modify it myself. It's not quiet either, all the accessories like the cheek pads and the visor cost an arm and a leg, bloody ridicilous. I just bought a AFX 39 DS, and it feels just as good on my nogging, as the 4 times more expensive Shoei, but its a free world, buy what you please.