Omni-Cruise

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ParaMud, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Moto-Kafe

Moto-Kafe Gnarly Entre-manure Supporter

Oddometer:
    Shipping:

If using a Priority Flat-Rate Box or envelope for shipping, it's a no-brainer........it is what it is (flat rate). I have found descrepancies in charge rates when shipping something in a Kraft Envelope and/or Bubble-lined Kraft Envelope. It not only depends on the weight, the "thickness" of the envelope also determines which rate the Post Office person is to charge. Some PO employees could care less what the thickness is and charge the "normal" First Class Big Envelope rate (whatever that is??), while other post office personnel will test the envelope to see if it will fit thru a pre-determined slot size (they have a template to use). If it will not fit thru the slot, the envelope gets bumped up to "Package Status" (hence, a higher rate)........is how I understand it. Again, it may depend on who handles the package initially as to what charges apply.

Hope this helps............
    mark444
  2. WOTDesigns

WOTDesigns Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thats what happened I think. It makes more sense to bill my account rather than the receiver IMO. I will go back to shipping then as package instead of large envelope even though they hall within large envelope guidelines. Its only an extra 34 cents.

Thank you for the info Mark!
  3. ParaMud

ParaMud Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Going to the Long Beach IMS show?
  4. WOTDesigns

Oddometer:
    YES SIR!

Paid the fee today (OUCH) and have been killing it to get product ready. Looks like I might have 200 to take to the show. Might just be me and the handle bars in the video standing in the middle of a 10 x 10 booth. LOL. we will see.
  5. turbodieseli4i6

turbodieseli4i6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got mine today, Quality work! Thanks!!
  6. WOTDesigns

Oddometer:
    Any time Turbo! Enjoy.

I did get to the bottom of the shipping issue: FLEXIBLE.

USPS considers an envelope with a rigid object inside it a package not an envelope EVEN THOUGH Stamps.com popped up a warning saying that the BOX OR PACKAGEING must be rigid to be a package rate... Technically it can't bend in half due to the contents so its actually a package not an envelope.

Learn something new every day.

The sad part is the other 40 that the USPS didn't notice... local USPS guy said "I'm surprised anyone even noticed one out of 50" LOL
  7. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:

someone had extra coffee that day :deal

what does the band do, exactly? provide more surface for the clamp to grab? I tried it without it today as I didn't want to take my bark buster off, and it worked ok, I might move the BB farther on the end of the bar as my hand is a bit cramped between the lock and the bar end though so can put it on. Going to also try moving my brake lever farther outboard as the reach is longer now - no fancy adjustable levers here :cry

works well though.
  8. WOTDesigns

Oddometer:
    The silicone blend in the band was designed to create a consistent coefficiency of friction if need. On metal grips its required, on soft grips its optional. Some grips use very tacky rubber so the OC is hard to rotate smoothly. There the band will help. On tapered grips the ridges in the band help keep the band from from angling out towards the bar end.

Even I get a larger production run done on the instructions I'll add that in. Have 500 printing now for the big show next weekend which its a HUGE time crunch.

Anyone in SoCal who wants to see/feel one can swing by BOOTH 2124 AT IMS in Long Beach next weekend :)
  9. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine finally arrived today...........so that was 17 days to Canada........but there was what could have been a 4 day US holiday in there.

The Omni Cruise looks great! Glad I ordered another one!

Brian, why did you put so many washers on the adjuster?

Cheers
  10. WOTDesigns

Oddometer:
    :) been waiting for that question.

Tighten the thumb screw till the two metal halves meet and the thumb screw should STOP turning. now keep on turning and notice the gradual progressive increase in resistance. Those are brazilian 17-7 belleville washers stacked in dual opposing stacks. It is what actually makes the omni WORK. without them its nearly impossible to find a good adjustment to hold the throttle, stop the omni from loosening with vibration, but still be able to rotate it when you need to AND be able to turn the omni with just your thumb. Took over 2 months and literally hundreds of combinations of spring rates, stack configurations, sizes, thicknesses and geometry to get it right.
  11. 2brnut2b

2brnut2b Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ordered mine this morning, order no 197, take a look at my Order instructions/Comments please !

Thanks !
  12. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:

Well thank god you used Brazilian bellevilles, and did not use American belleville washers!!!!:rofl

My first thought was "why didn't he just put a spring in there?"........and my second thought.......after a couple of Scotch's was........."I should be able to save some weight and get rid of some of these washers!"................remember............that was after imbibing in some fine 12 year old...........Scotch, that is!!

If I had been able to see the washers for what they are, I would have recognized the bellevilles............I've never seen them that small before!

You might want to include a warning on your instruction sheet to dissuade foolish individuals from removing the adjuster screw. If those bellevilles are not stacked correctly, you will not have any spring tension. EDIT........finally had a look at the instruction sheet, and see you did put a warning on there:deal

Once again............great product at a reasonable price!

Thanks Brian
  13. WOTDesigns

Oddometer:
    lol. I'm sat here thinking... dang it I could have sworn I put it in there!

Just had a few printed for me that will go inside the zipper bag and can't remember if it was in those or not. Meah, I damage the last thread on the screw anyways before putting the plastic on so it can't vibrate apart if left in a side bag alone or what not. If someone unscrews it all the way they pass "dunce" about three turns after they have to switch to pliers to keep it turning ;)

Glad you like it!
  14. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, noticed that little centre punch mark on the last thread once I put my glasses on.............looks like you thought of all the fine details for such a simple device.

I think I am going to put a zip tie through a couple of the holes on mine, once I have it dialled in, just to keep other unsavoury inmates from acquiring it!

I'll post pictures once I get a chance!

Cheers
  15. WOTDesigns

Oddometer:
    That is a clever idea! Wonder if they make the metal zip ties in black?
  16. White Tenere

White Tenere 49 years on two wheels

Oddometer:
    Just ordered one...
  17. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    My second order only took 12 days this time to get to Canada.

Thanks again
  18. RandoCommando

RandoCommando Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Bah! I wish I had seen this during the sale.
    But alas, I didn't know this product existed until just now when an inmate posted it on another thread.
    Looks like a great product. I'll definitely order one in the future.
  19. glynb

glynb Relentless Underachiever

Oddometer:
    Got my Omni-cruise today. A very well built peice of equipment, much better than the piece of crap vista-cruise that slipped all the time. Very simple concept. I'm looking forward to using it on the next big trip.
  20. WOTDesigns

Oddometer:
    I'm quoting you on my website :) Thanks, I'm glad you appreciate the time spent on details.

The IMS show was insane. Anyone stateside that gets a chance its worth checking out. Lots of amazing bikes, deals, and... "eye candy". Definitely ecstatic with the response from probably 1000 people that got to test out the Omni this weekend!

Now back to machining!