Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. nconoan

nconoan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, just wanted to update, I did make it to Oxford in one piece and I DID get my DRZ-e plated with virtually NO problems!!!!:clap The lady in the title office looked at me kind of funny when she ran the VIN but I just assured her it was a motorcycle and not an atv or scooter and she proceeded to hand me a title. Didn't blink twice at the odometer mishap...so much more pleasant than Nebraska.

Anyways, unless I get swamped in the first week of class (which is quite possible) I will still try and make Reservations Required II. Probably won't know until the middle of next week, but at any rate, I look forward to riding with some of you.

Also, I took a small trip up to Eaton and Camdon yesterday, and it seems like the county roads in Butler and Pebble county are all paved! Does anyone know where some good gravel is that is within, say, 30 miles of Oxford?
  2. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I assume you must not be looking at a KLR then.

:rofl
  3. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    You can thank Big O's pave for profit programs. :rolleyes You might try hooking up with MW650, Slipchip, or Rallycarjon to get a tour of what's nearby.:deal
  4. nconoan

nconoan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Alright, I'll P.M. those guys and see if they have time to give me a little tour. That is if I have time. I'm already swamped, but gotta make time to ride so I don't go insane!

And what's the rational behind paving all of the county roads? Does it just make it easier for farmers to ship their crop or what? Pave for Profit seems like an oxymoron, given the extent of pavement. It definitely costed them a pretty penny. Especially given how cheap it is to register a vehicle here! At least 3 times cheaper than in NE.
  5. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    Federal funds trickled down, there was money to be spent so viola.

Now, what will be interesting is in 10 years when those roads are falling apart and all that cash the gubmint sprinkled on us is gone...the bellyaching will be palpable.
  6. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    And the Dual Sport riders will rule those roads with an iron fist! :lol3 Serious, I agree the recent dumping of money into back roads was a waste, almost as wasteful as cash for clunkers was.
  7. edhead

edhead Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I remember that, wasn't there a mini bike or something that Matt rode? (I worked for Jeff for a couple of years, unlike Rasthomas I was able to break away from the free and untethered life of a carnival worker).
  8. flashover604

flashover604 tailgunner

Oddometer:
    No, no KLR... I found a 2003 KTM 640 adventure. It's had the head ported by Munn, the suspension just done for my weight, and the top end rebuilt a thousand miles ago and the headlights upgraded to HID. About all it needs is the starter worked on. It just spins, so from what I've gathered here, it needs the sprague clutch rebuilt. It still starts and runs good with the kicker. If all goes well, I'll be swapping titles next Saturday. The guy just got a 690 and doesn't want to put any more time into the 640, but would like another dirt bike.
  9. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds sweet.

I was just making fun that a KLR wouldnt burn rubber.
  10. Dagny_Taggart

Dagny_Taggart John Galt - 2020

Oddometer:

She is paid for... you can see it in her eyes....

[​IMG]
  11. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Looks soul-less to me, like a ginger.
  12. Dagny_Taggart

Dagny_Taggart John Galt - 2020

Oddometer:
    This motorcycle doesn't have James Brown soul... It has Steve McQueen soul.
  13. motodirtlover

motodirtlover Motodirtlover

Oddometer:
    Just an FYI....
    I am hosting a NATIONAL ENDURO just 8 miles from New Concord next Sunday (8-28) in Chandlersville. You guys may want to ride down, there will be some things to see...
    All of the factory guys will be there.
    Link: www.zanesvilletrailriders.com

14. blackdiamondmike

blackdiamondmike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since I spent four fine years in Oxford, I'll give up a secret spot that I know. It is probably 25 miles from you and ,while not great, it is a genuine secluded twisty gravel road that parallels a rideable creek. Look on a map and find Farmersville ohio which is to the northeast of Oxford. Now look about a mile to the southwest and find Lower Gratis and Anthony roads. Now ride and enjoy! -Mike
  15. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You're lucky that I am strawberry-blonde! :flip
  16. ThomasVolomitz

ThomasVolomitz New Old Stock

Oddometer:
    FatherX and I rode to the Mods VS Rockers Meet and Greet at the Lion on Lorain. It was a good time. Royal Enfield w/ sidecar and a Cleveland 250 cafe all parts made in the city. It sounded really nice.

[​IMG][​IMG]
  17. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :tb That has just enough ugly to be hawt!
    I would add some number plates to the sides to cover the open space and give it more of a vintage flat tracker look.
  18. ThomasVolomitz

Oddometer:
    That's what I was thinkin' of some of the girls in the bar after a couple Heinekens.
  19. ThomasVolomitz

Oddometer:
    He said he just put that one together last night and the ones for sale had the side plates, turn signals, etc.
  20. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    After seeing all of the half dressed hotties at the fairs all summer long, I would think a nice fully clothed Amish woman would be a nice change of pace.

:freaky
    Perfect!