A tale of two twins

Discussion in 'Racing' started by azcagiva, Mar 14, 2012.

1. $Penney

$Penney Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The latest:

Just off the phone with LAMEco and they took your coordinates. I have noticed no movement for anyone on the tracker for at least 30 minutes.. Allan is about 15-20 miles away from where the crew are awaiting him. John Sr is suited up to take the final leg of the race to the finish. If they do not see Allan shortly they will head his way.:lurk
  2. noshoes

noshoes soñando con México

Oddometer:
    :lurk I hate the suspense.........

Edit: moving again.

<TABLE class=text-small cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Date:</TD><TD>2012-05-02 10:47:00</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>TZone:</TD><TD>America/Los_Angeles</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Coords:</TD><TD>23.23935, -109.92470</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Bearing:</TD><TD>99° E</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>MPH:</TD><TD>16.17</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>KPH:</TD><TD>26.02</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Knots:</TD><TD>14.05</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Source:</TD><TD>SPOT</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Type:</TD><TD>TRACK</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Woo Hooooooo!!!
  3. $Penney

$Penney Adventurer

Oddometer:
    <table style="width: 640px; height: 124px;" class="text-small" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td>little movement. team is going long way around to get to him... truck relayed message that Allan is broke down.....
    <table class="text-small" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td>Coords:</td><td>23.23935, -109.92470</td><td>Bearing:</td><td>99° E</td></tr></tbody></table>:lurk</td><td>
    </td></tr><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"><td>
    </td><td>li
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
  4. $Penney

$Penney Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Allan is less than 10 miles from crew... they have turned back and are heading up the dirt road...:pynd
  5. noshoes

Oddometer:
    Spot's got Allen moving again......

<TABLE class=text-small cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Date:</TD><TD>2012-05-02 10:57:07</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>TZone:</TD><TD>America/Los_Angeles</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Coords:</TD><TD>23.22079, -109.86337</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Bearing:</TD><TD>108° ESE</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>MPH:</TD><TD>24.32</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>KPH:</TD><TD>39.14</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Knots:</TD><TD>21.13</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Source:</TD><TD>SPOT</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD>Type:</TD><TD>TRACK</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  6. $Penney

$Penney Adventurer

Oddometer:
    John Sr just called, they found Allan..he lost the rollers to the chain, they tightened the chain and Allan is going to take it to the finish line:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
  7. $Penney

$Penney Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks like they made it!!! Cheers!! Awesome job LAMEco!!:clap:clap
  8. $Penney

$Penney Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :clap

Attached Files:

9. misery goat

misery goat Positating the negative Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Nice Job LameCo!! :flug :clap
  10. winterhk

winterhk *Disminuya Su Velocidad*

Oddometer:
    Congratulations!!!
  11. winterhk

Oddometer:
  12. Swarthy_Red_Beard

Swarthy_Red_Beard Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hell YA! Well done guys. Sorry I missed it.
  13. Garthe

Garthe ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer:
    :clap....
  14. cisco

cisco old fat guy

Oddometer:
  15. azcagiva

azcagiva new orange flavor

Oddometer:
    Thanks everybody for following along.

I ended up riding the last day. The mag 7 pit was setup somewhere off the course in Todos. I was never able to do the rider switch. The bottom roller on the chain reduced itself in size causing the chain to slip on the counter sprocket. I just nursed it along not figuring out what was wrong till I got into some mountains. I was afraid it would not climb the hills. I stopped at a beautiful little ranch to work on the bike. Two guys from the ranch helped me get her going again. So feeling like an Idiot for not stopping sooner, I flogged her into the finish. Turns out it was a good thing that dad did not take the bike the last few miles, as they were deep sand all the way in.

I will type up some more when I can. Gotta catch up on some sleep first. I think I might have to start working out or something this thing kicked my ass a little bit.

-John
  16. winterhk

Oddometer:

Get some well-deserved rest amigo! :clap Just got off the phone with Rick and it sounds like the trip of a lifetime. :freaky
  17. tordog

tordog tordog

Oddometer:
    Congrats. guys, You've made us all proud.
  18. Crashed Bad

Crashed Bad Big man, little bike

Oddometer:
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun
    What an expereience! Thanks for letting me be a part of it. I even made a new friend!

[​IMG]
  19. noshoes

Oddometer:

Future blackmail material.....:evil
  20. azgypsylily

azgypsylily n00b

Oddometer:
    Awesome job guys!!!! Lily and I have been rooting for you all week. Thanks to Sue (:1drinkthank you Sue!!!) who has kept us updated every step of the way, it was a great race! Love you Dad & bro:clap:clap:clap You guys rock!