Konflict Suspension Services

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Konflict Motorsports, Dec 25, 2012.

1. ScienceOfDirt

ScienceOfDirt U-Boat Rider

Oddometer:
    I'm interested in having the forks on the F800GS done. What's the turnaround time, and cost for the conversion?
  2. Hittman

Hittman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 96' Tiger with the Kayaba rear shock. What can you do for that?
  3. Konflict Motorsports

Konflict Motorsports TUNER

Oddometer:
    PM sent!
  4. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    MikeJohn,
    I offer complete rebuilds, custom springs and internal modifications. What do you weigh? I have a rider profile form for customers to fill out that gives me the much needed info. PM me with your email address and I will forward it right over.
  5. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    Hittman,
    I offer customs springs, rebuilds, and revalves for that shock. PM me for more info!
  6. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    Tommy,
    Thankyou for the email, and look forward to doing business with you soon!
  7. Mike Figielski

Mike Figielski Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can you do anything for the forks on the HP2 Enduro? PM'd you as well. Thanks,
    Mike
  8. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    PM sent!
  9. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    Just got notice today the Touratech rear shock line will be availible for the 2013 F800GS in 30 days.
  10. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    F800GS Suspension Solution

[​IMG]

Fork Solution:
    Konflict Motorsports is proud to announce after over a year of testing we have fully developed a reasonably priced fork solution for the pre 2013 BMW F800GS. As you are aware the BMW F800GS has a limited front fork with a sealed cartridge, small cartridge rod diameter and lacks compression and rebound adjustment. With this somewhat outdated technology making improvements with the stock components are next to impossible other than swapping the springs to a different rate, or playing with different oil viscosities and air gaps.

Well we have a solution for you!

What we offer is known as the "Shiver Fork Conversion" which adds a modern style cartridge along with adjustable compression and rebound adjusters. We custom tailor this package to your weight, riding locations and terrain, riding ability by completing a revalve and installing the proper spring rates.

We have completed close to 2000 miles of testing in various terrains including forest service roads (parts of the Washington Back Country Discovery Route), single-track, sand dunes, desert, highways, freeways, city streets and even rode on a outdoor motocross track with very promising results. To complete our testing we currently have three F800GS completing around the word trips with our fork upgrade and currently have logged over 50,000 trouble free miles at this point and time.

Feature Summary:

· Adjustable Compression and Rebound Adjustment
    · Increases cartridge rod diameter which creates more oil flow
    · Machining of the lower fork lugs to accept compression adjustment
    · Custom re-valve to fit your weight, riding style, locations, & ability
    · Installation of proper spring rate for your weight and luggage

Pricing: $1500.00

Stock Cartridge on the left, updated fork lug and cartridge on the right.

[​IMG]

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shape style="WIDTH: 24pt; HEIGHT: 24pt" id=_x0000_i1025 type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""></v:shape>

The complete package includes the following items:

Complete cartridges (Cartridge Rod, Cartridge, Spring Guide)
    Adjustable Compression & Rebound Adjusters (Fork Caps)
    High Quality SKF Fork Seals & Wipers
    Updated Fork Bushings
    Machining of Lower Fork Lugs
    Custom Spring's (Polished)
    Custom Re-Valve
    Polishing of the Fork Lowers and Internals

Turn around time is about three weeks with an appointment.
    Please PM or email Alex@konflictmotorsports.com
    You can also visit our website www.konflictmotorsports.com

Shock Solution:
    As for the shock of the F800GS, it is set up from the factory to carry a rider weight of 170 lbs. plus 15 lbs of luggage. Most riders rarely fall into this range therefore replacing the shock unit is very common. We have sold and serviced every shock manufactured for the F800GS and now offer the Touratech Suspension product range.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>These units are the only purpose built ADV shocks on the market today! Touratech spent a considerable amount of time working with Tractive Suspension to achieve the best performing shocks in our opinion.

There are currently five options available with different features and pricing.

Extreme with PDS: $1795.00
    [​IMG]
    Expedition without PDS: $1495.00
    [​IMG]
    Explore HP: $1095.00
    [​IMG]
    Explore HPe: $1695.00
    <o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>
    Explore: $795.00
    [​IMG]

Feature Summary:

•Remote Reservoir, made from high-strength aluminum, keeps the fluid cool and ensures pressure stability in the shock which results in better performance. The reservoir also increases fluid volume by 50% extending the life of your shock.
    Available on Expedition, and Extreme.

•Adjustable Shock Length, allows 8mm (-4mm to +4mm) of length adjustment to fine tune the ride height of your bike.
    Available on Extreme.

•Adjustable high-speed and low-speed compression dampening allows absolute control of shock tuning to give you the precise handling characteristics you want in any conditions.
    Available on Expedition, and Extreme.

•Adjustable Rebound Dampening allows you to fine-tune the ride characteristics to meet your preferences.
    Available on Explorer, Explore HP, Explorer HPe, Expedition, and Extreme.

•50% more preload adjustment than other shocks on the market. A generous 15mm of adjustment allows proper spring pre-load set-up. Most shocks have 8-10mm which is not enough to accommodate the varying quantities of long-distance luggage or even a passenger.
    Available on Explore HPe, Explorer HP Expedition & Extreme.

•Hydraulic Spring Preload Adjustment allows quick changes to be made to the preload by twisting the knob with your hand.
    Available on Explore HPe, Explorer HP, Expedition & Extreme.

•A floating piston separates the air and the oil to prevent oil foaming also known as cavitation. This technology ensures that your shock will have smooth and consistent performance even in punishing environments.
    Available on Extreme, Expedition, Explore HP, Explore HPe, Explore.
    •Cold forged 6082 T6 aluminum shock body machined to exacting standards offers high-strength and maximum heat dissipation.

•High-strength stainless steel bushings ensure the mounting points of the shock will go the distance.

•Low-friction seal with integrated Teflon back-up ring maximizes performance and extends the life of the shock.

•Oversized 16mm high-strength shaft made of chrome-moly steelfor maximum strength and durability.
    Available on Extreme, Expedition, Explore HP, Explore HPe, Explore

•Available in a range of spring rates to match the rider weight requirements.

•Dampening (Valving) set up for fully-loaded F800GS right out-of-the-box.
  11. Short-Johnson

Short-Johnson You wanna make God laugh ? tell him your plans !

Oddometer:
    Very cool !!! :1drink
  12. Curtis76

Curtis76 Coug Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spoke to Alex earlier this week on the phone about setting up my F800GS. This guy is very knowledgeable. He took time out of his day and gave me about a 1/2 hour tutorial on suspension (and lack thereof on the F8). He never tried 'to sell me' on anything, but rather gave me options and pointed out the benefits of each - especially geared towards my body type and riding style. I'm gonna go with switching out the springs on the front end and upgrading the shock to the TT Explorer HP. Luckily I'm local to his shop and I'll be dropping my bike off the week of March 11th!
    I look forward to working with Alex and to get to finally 'know' what haven't 'known'!
  13. RickyBobby007

RickyBobby007 Go Jonah 2012

Oddometer:
    Alex has done complete rebuild and set-up both of my dirt bikes (Husqvarna TE 450 and KTM 250XC.) He does great work and I am very happy with how much better they handle with the new suspension.

I just made an appointment to get the Konflict Front end done and Touratech Extreme shock on the rear. Can't wait to ride it!
  14. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    Konflict Motorsports would like to inform our customers that we are continuously testing new settings and products. As of recently we have started offering DLC "Diamond Like Carbon" coatings for fork lowers and shock shafts. DLC coatings are found on most factory level bikes from road racing to off-road.

[​IMG]

The benefits of having DLC coatings are:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Drastically reduces stiction which provides a tight and consistent feel. DLC offers a coefficient of 0.1, the lowest friction coating available that aids in improving suspension action considerably.

<o:p></o:p>
    Allows valving to be more precise which can aid in traction control, and a smoother feeling ride.

These coatings are extremely thin (2.5 microns) and need to be applied to a good surface finish, being as it's a thin coating they won't repair any corrosion, scores or stone chips. Damaged or corroded tubes would need to be replaced or re-chromed first before they could be coated.

Standard factory applied coatings have proven to be less durable than they should be, the costs involved in re-coating the tubes makes it a more viable option to replace them.

We also offer custom hard anodizing as it protects aluminum, giving it a hard wearing surface. It can be colored by adding dyes which fill the microscopic pored in the surface. Anodizing can freshen a tired looking set of forks and offers an array of options for customizing your bike.

<o:p></o:p>We also are now offering a "test before you buy it" service that will allow you to have the option of testing what well set-up forks would feel like. For the small rental fee and deposit you can see the advantages are of a properly setup suspension feels like in your riding area. We have limited sets available for certain makes and models so email Alex@konflictmotorsports.com with any questions.
  15. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    Well it is official ladies and gentleman, Konflict Motorsports & Suspension will be a vendor at this year's KTM Adventure Rally in Steamboat Springs Colorado this September!

Not only will be at the event, but we are offering a fly and ride package for our Pacific Northwest Customers to the start of the Colorado Back Country Discovery Route.
    http://www.backcountrydiscoveryroutes.com/COBDR !

This package will include:

Transport of your motorcycle and gear from our shop in a fully enclosed, insured trailer to the 4 corners staging area.

Transport of your group from the Farmington New Mexico Airport to the staging area.

Transport of your gear and misc items to the KTM Adventure Rally held in Steamboat Springs Colorado.
    http://www.ktmorangeevents.com/EventPage.aspx .

Transport from the KTM Rally to the Steamboat Springs airport.

Transport of your gear and bike back to our shop in Seattle for your pickup.

Pricing will be determined as it will vary with the amount of participents.

Please email Alex@konflictmotorsports.com for more information.
  16. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    We spent some time testing new settings on our Super Enduro this weekend!

[​IMG]
  17. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    We are proud to announce we have developed and tested our 2013 BMW F800GS fork conversion. This fork kit offers adjustable rebound, compression, and preload.
    As in the past the F800GS has a sealed cartridge that is not tunable other than changing spring rates and oil viscosity.
    The conversion we offer is done using the highest quality components, custom modifications done internally as well as the lower fork lug modifications.

[​IMG]

What this kit includes:

Custom internal components tied with the highest quality production cartridges.

Adjustable preload, compression, and rebound.

Custom polished fork springs.

Custom revalve suited for your weight, riding abilities, and terrain.

Turn around is about 3 to 3.5 weeks.

Cost for the complete service is $1950.00.

[​IMG]

Email Alex@konflictmotorsports.com for any questions you might have.
  18. akboys

akboys Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Intrested in your fork conversion. Is it worth doing or should I just sell the Beemer and get a KTM?
  19. Konflict Motorsports

Oddometer:
    A late night at the shop finishing up a set of 2013 BMW F800GS forks for a customer in New Mexico with our conversion! Fully adjustable Rebound, Compression, and Pre-Load, top it off with our custom springs and a revalve. Loving this new setup, works amazingly well, and looks great too!

[​IMG]
  20. jengel451

jengel451 1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer:
    Finally got the '13 800gs out in the fun stuff over the last 4 days.

After a bit of dialing in, the Konflict front forks freaking ROCK!!!

I was trying really hard to bottom them out, and after I got them setup the way I like them, I couldn't do it.

Was bouncing over some 4-6 inch tree falls, some good whoops in the single track and some high speed fire roads with pot holes and some wash board.

I can't tell you how shocked everyone was watching me take the big girl through the same stuff that they were. (300exc and WR250) When it got really tight, I had to stop, but until then, I wasn't too worried.

I have to say the rubber bottom caps are much appreciated, when everything is caked in mud, it's nice to be able to pop them out, have a nice clean Comp adjuster to look at, do your thing, pop the cap back in there and go on your way.

Thanks Alex!!!!