Any K bike riders out there?

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Tall_Canuck, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Tall_Canuck

Tall_Canuck Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would like to get a GS Adventure eventually but until then I have been riding an 87 K100RT since last spring.

It is not the most glamourous of bikes but so far I have enjoyed its power and reliability. It definitely throws a lot of heat in the summer though. :eek1

This spring I may take it off the pavement a bit to try some gravel roads with it.

Anyone else own a brick and enjoying it and care to share their experiences?

Thanks guys.
    TC
  2. RocketJohn

RocketJohn Hook 'em Horns! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I rode this for about two years... smoothest engine ever... like riding a jet engine that couldn't turn very nimbly in the tights... solid build quality... even rode it to Sturgis... will test ride the K1200S this spring to see if that's the sport touring machine I want next...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. rydor

rydor PoserBrick Rider

Oddometer:
    I'm new to ADV as well, and ride a 1994 K1100RS. Long live the brick! :D
    [​IMG]
  4. Duck_Pilot

Duck_Pilot Retired Roadracer

Oddometer:
    Hey there, John! I thought that view looked familiar, eh? :D

Here's a shot of the two Ladies in my life, from Evergreen. Both are classy, sexy, and have a mean-streak when they get wound-up a bit. :wink:

The Lady Selena, and 'Lil Miss Duckie....

Attached Files:

5. FlagRS

FlagRS Gone to the Dogs

Oddometer:
    I've been riding a 2004 K1200RS for the past 5 months. I inherited the brick from my wife. She bought it new in the summer of '05 and put 38K miles on it. She wanted a new bike a little smaller and more maneuverable at low speeds and more comfortable for long multiple days of riding. Being the supportive partner that I am I sold my trusty '04 R1150GS and she got a new RT. Sure I was skeptical about replacing my GS with a brick. But being a Sport Touring rider and not really a GS rider it has been a great fit.

The RS is silky smooth and accelerates without hesitation. Overtaking is effortless. It's often a workout riding that beast all day long but I really enjoy riding it. Coming off a GS and onto the KRS required a whole new riding technique. My wife turned me on to Master Yoda and his RS riding technique: http://bmwrt.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB9&Number=80560&page=0

I expect to be riding this brick for a little while - FlagRS :1drink [​IMG]
    DrSmooth likes this.
  6. RocketJohn

Oddometer:
    beautiful ladies!

I think I met you while you were on that Duc when you over at SuperTune a few months ago...

Small world, eh?
  7. Solo Gato

Solo Gato long in the tooth Supporter

Oddometer:
    :clap :clap

Attached Files:

8. Anorak

Anorak Woolf Barnato Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hell yeah I ride a K. Highway 70, the Feather River Canyon and up in Quincy.
    [[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. Off the grid

Off the grid Scrub Daddy

Oddometer:
    On the front lines, battling a global pandemic.
    I will add many other bikes to my stable, but I will never part with the brick.

Ever.

There's just something about it that sets it apart. And it constantly gets accused of being a newer model BMW. (I am fanatical about detailing and maintenance though)

[​IMG]
  10. sfarson

sfarson On a Ride

Oddometer:
    RJ... I remember that KRS Evergreen image. Nice! And Duck Pilot... remember that "lady" pic as well. How do you like that SportClassic?

RJ... Let me know what you think of the KS.

[​IMG]
  11. RocketJohn

Oddometer:
    Well first of all, let me begin by gushing over the well executed photography. You are good sir... good...

I really like that K... the stealth color with the angles of the panels really give that bike a menacing but classic look. I am definitely going to go test ride that model when it gets warmer. I need something with some longer legs than my 998, as you know. I can do 250 miles, but anything longer and I get too tired...

I'm also looking at the older 11S... 12S might be difficult to find and I would like some limited two up capabilities...

after seeing so many of your photos, I want to see someone taking a pic of you taking a pic of the bike to see the scrambling across the roads, dodging traffic, fully geared up, big camera in hand, all the while acting cool...

:lol3
  12. Duck_Pilot

Duck_Pilot Retired Roadracer

Oddometer:
    I had no intent of hijacking this thread.......my apologies! That being said, I love both Ladies dearly. Feel free to PM, if you have questions about 'Lil Miss Duckie. As for questions about the Lady Selena.....well, a gentleman doesn't tell. :wink:
  13. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    I prefer the early 1998-2001 K1200RS fairing to the later ones, but damn, that color looks great.

I had a new '98 in Dolphin Blue for about six months. Fun bike.

14. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    I've ridden a couple of K-bikes... never let me down on the road.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    What's with the three-spoke wheels? Salvage bike?

16. eric2

eric2 ®egister this:

Oddometer:
    I did about 100k miles between my 85 k100rs and my '98 k1200rs, they are both great bikes that can be had at reasonable prices, and lots of spare parts available. Got spoiled real quick with the k1200s though, which i don't regard as good a touring bike as its predecessors, even if it addresses most of the issues the early models had. Touring favors the r12gs over any of them for a multitude of reasons.

[​IMG]
  17. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    Marvic Magnesium wheels.. bike was originally from the Netherlands..
  18. RocketJohn

Oddometer:
    feet from tragedy... :eek1

awesome bike...

I miss Austin...

Go Horns!
  19. torags

torags Long timer

Oddometer:
    :cry:cry:cry

My brick in the tow yard after an a**hole came over 3 lanes on an impulse to get to a Taco Bell. He put me into a pole - straight on.

I miss that bike

[​IMG]
  20. FlagRS

FlagRS Gone to the Dogs

Oddometer: