Dualsport Fairing w PnP LED Lighting

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sanjoh, Feb 20, 2012.

1. RibRoy

RibRoy RibRoy

Oddometer:
    Hi, I have a 950SE, I see you have one with the fairing. Is it possible se some more photos of the set up?

Thanks
  2. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the interest. These are pictures of my prototype fairing so the current offering is much better as the rear is finished in same color as the front, the main mounts are stainless (black in the pictures).

A few features: the main mounts provide a great place to mount that birds nest of wiring, the faring is removeable in a couple of minutes, the height and angle of the fairing are adjustable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a fender for current exc bikes. I tried the pins on the fender but felt the fairing was a bit too low.
    [​IMG]

The fairing performance on the road is amazing, no buffeting, smooth air, mile and miles without fatigue. The fairing is low enough that is does not get in the way when off road.
  3. RibRoy

RibRoy RibRoy

Oddometer:

Have you sold to any other SE's on the forum?

4. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not yet, you can be the second:D
  5. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. canadius_maximus

canadius_maximus Quaere verum

Oddometer:
    Hello,

I have been following this development, and now that I have a KTM 690 Enduro, am considering this as a possibility.

You mention that the fairing is adjustable for height and angle (rake?). How much can it go up and forward? I say forward, since for any offroad riding, I'm not comfortable at the angle it sits currently in most of the photos - points right at your face/neck area, which could make for less than perfect ending to an already dramatic get-off.

My other question, is assuming the rake angle can be adjusted to say, near vertical - does that mean the angle of the lights automatically go with it - meaning now they'd be pointing too far down? Or are the lights adjustability separate from the fairing's?

If this is covered somewhere, I apologise - am learning a whole new bike (sold the DRZ) and am trying to figure/price out my farkles/mods ...

Many thanks!

CM
  7. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the 690!

The fairing can be adjusted to almost vertical and forward of the triple clamp probably 6". While I understand your concern over the angle of the fairing, the nature of a dualsport is compromise. Mounted low and tight to the triple really takes the fairing out of play in most situations. Having done a fair amount of technical off road riding with the fairing, I haven't had an issue with it getting in the way.

KTM950SE
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

KTM690
    [​IMG]

Each light is adjustable, separate from the fairing. They do not auto adjust:D.

Sounds like you might be looking for a Dakar type fairing, intended for standing for long periods of time:ear
  8. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. canadius_maximus

canadius_maximus Quaere verum

Oddometer:
    Thanks - a very reasonable answer. I'm juggling preferences with budget, and so while the fixed fairing is indeed my preference, practicality and/or budget may dictate otherwise, hence my interest in your fairing.

If the fairing's angle can be adjusted, and the lights also adjusted independently, then this product is indeed a viable option for me.

Since my preferred colour is orange, I'm guessing black would be the way to go - paint the front orange, and the black giving a nicer "cockpit" finish/glare result. If I go this route, that's likely how I'd go.

Take a 60 light for wide and a 50 or 30 for high beam? Is that how most folks go for the 690?

cheers,

CM
  10. kbuckey

kbuckey Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that CRF250 gets me thinking about my KLX 250. Like the Dual Sport Fairing on my DR650. Wonder how one would fit on the KLX. Probably put it lower than on the DR since I ride it more in the dirt. Hmmmm. Don't know if I'd need two 60s in it....

My wallet really has a hard time with your sites, John.
  11. johnson357

johnson357 Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer:
    Have you fit one on a Honda XR650L?
  12. thebigman

thebigman XR's all the way . Big Thumps or V-twins

Oddometer:

I'll help on this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. johnson357

Oddometer:
    Thx bigman, happen to have a pic of the mounts? I would like a little more straight up and down to it is why I ask.
  14. thebigman

Oddometer:

Sure , here ya go , for a straight up vertical mount , I think all you would need is 2 pieces of flat stock at whatever length to push the fairing out as far as you want , it mounts to the stock mount ,

Or swing the bottom in and put in on the oe bracket that the headlight slides onto , it should go any way you want it with no problems .

[​IMG]
  15. johnson357

Oddometer:
    Thanks a bunch, they should give you a discount on you next one because you've help sell me on one.
  16. thebigman

Oddometer:

It's all good , Glad I could help . :deal
  17. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Most customers are using a pair of 60s.

:D

Thanks TBM

Everybody gets a discount:clap "inmate" promotion code get's you 10% off everything at www.advmonster.com
  18. johnson357

Oddometer:
    [QUOTE

Thanks TBM

Everybody gets a discount:clap "inmate" promotion code get's you 10% off everything at www.advmonster.com[/QUOTE]

Shut the Front Door, AWESOME

Now finally I can use the line my wife uses, "It's soooo on sale it would be losing money not to buy it:evil"
  19. tilliejacques

tilliejacques gnarly girl Super Supporter

Oddometer:

Boy, it looks like there's no more room in front of the display than with the OEM headlight shroud. Can the fairing be installed more vertically on the 250L? Or is it at the max of adjustability as it is in the pic?

Or maybe you moved the display?? :dunno

I'd really like to put the gps between the display and the fairing.

cheers
  20. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Female logic is not to be argued with:deal

There is room to mount a gps between the triple and the gauge but it will be a challenge with the brake line.
    The gauges are mounted on a custom bracket as far forward as possible. The amount of weight just to hold the gauge on is amazing.

Removed gauge subframe
    [​IMG]

Removed lower headlight mount
    [​IMG]