2013 Husqvarna 650 Terra

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by grunkster, Sep 11, 2012.

1. smokeeater495

smokeeater495 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For those that have test rode one of these bikes, what is the engine power like? Easy to wheelie, can lug real low, etc?
  2. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    holy shit! I was right behind you filming this! :rofl
  3. blaine.hale

blaine.hale Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, my local BMW/Husky dealer gets them at the end of next week.
    I'll be there next Saturday planning on testing and putting a deposit down/ordering one.
    I need a daily commute bike as riding the r90 to work in the morning doesn't even get it warm enough to idle.
    It'll be nice to have a bike to ride up to the mountains and bash around on creeks and trails too...even though I already do that on the r90.
    We'll see how it goes.
  4. SBG

SBG Neville1 to TT boys

Oddometer:
    I can't imagine some dealership allowing someone test riding to be popping wheelies on it. That falls under the "you break it, you bought it policy".
  5. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well don't go doing a balance point wheelie out of the lot or anything... but a sharp blip of the throttle in the middle of first gear should give you a pretty good idea whether it's going to wheelie easily or not.
  6. modeselector

modeselector Common as muck

Oddometer:
    Who asks for permission?
  7. rotten

rotten LOST AGAIN

Oddometer:
    If you buy one... Ride report? it would be great to get an inmates personal perspective. :D
  8. SBG

SBG Neville1 to TT boys

Oddometer:
    I'd like to think it would be possible, but all too often, the 650 class of machines are too heavy and geared too tall for accessible wheelies. This is my dilemma also. You WANT the thing to be able to pick up the front end real easy, but when compared to a 500 class machine with lower gearing and about 125lbs less girth that can wheelie in 4th and sometimes 5th gears, the 650's don't seem like the right choice if the intent of finding this knowledge is for going over rocks and roots or just generally popping the front end up for fun.
  9. Xanthophyll

Xanthophyll Dirt Roads of MN

Oddometer:

You probably know this already, so please forgive me if you do.... but there's a thread over at Cafehusky (http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/where-is-the-650-forum-tr650-in-the-house.27986/page-2 ) where one of the first buyers has over 630 miles on it already... Some very interesting insights into the bike. I'm seriously considering a purchase.
  10. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa AA Zoom Baby

Oddometer:
    You've never ridden a Versys then? :D

For those of you that can get hold of Motorcycle Sport & Lesiure, their review of the Terra 650 is in this month's edition.
  11. SBG

SBG Neville1 to TT boys

Oddometer:
    No, I have an old school DR650 which was when they actually made more HP than the newer models, and it required a pipe, air filter and jetting to realize some wheelie potential. It will now come up in second gear, but when compared to the newer breed of 500's, I don't think anything in the 650 class has got anything to show the smaller lighter bikes, unless you're just discussing the ability to travel further and in more comfort.
  12. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    So I guess you can wheelie them, if you are good...

Little video from Austrian website 1000PS.at:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AD-JgrNsnYE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Their feedback was that it's not a really exciting bike but a good and solid allrounder. Brakes are a bit weak, engine is smooth, with a bit more punch on the top end compared to the X-series.

Pretty much what you'd expect to hear overall, it ain't no KTM but it is quite a lot of bike for $7000 or thereabouts!
  13. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    I see these are for sale around here for 6999.00,seems quite the deal for a euro sled,who has one and whats it like?
  14. mattomoto

mattomoto 2 wheels rule

Oddometer:
  15. Xanthophyll

Oddometer:
    Called the only dealer in MN this morning. Not very confident that the salesman who they connected me to had any idea of what I was talking about.

ME: Do you have the new Husqvarna TR650 in stock?
    THEM: What?
    ME: The New Husky TR 650 Terra, do you have one yet?
    THEM: Ummm... ah, do you mean the 2013?
    ME: Yes it's a new model.
    THEM: Uh, we don't have any 2013s yet.
    ME: When do you think you'll have them?
    THEM: Uh, the person in charge of our inventory is out.
    ME: Thanks.

:becca:becca
  16. Northwoods Yeti

Northwoods Yeti Almost house broken

Oddometer:
  17. Xanthophyll

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I may end up doing that. I was going to be up around Osseo this weekend and wanted to stop and take a look at the bike, but evidently it's going to have to wait till they have one in. Maybe I'll have better luck in WI.

EDIT: Yikes, that's >220 miles from me. I think I'll just wait till they have it in Minneapolis. I'm only looking right now, not going to buy till Spring anyway...... Though if I were buying, it looks like they have one in stock.
  18. smokeeater495

smokeeater495 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    According to Husky North America accessories are going through customs now and will be in dealerships by December. They weren't able to elaborate on what was going to be available.
  19. fastnlight

fastnlight Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Has anyone heard when the Strada will hit dealers? Been quiet so far and I have a hankering for the tubeless version.
  20. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa AA Zoom Baby

Oddometer:
    Givi Trekker luggage, certainly. Screen and handguards too.