1. StromBoni

StromBoni Hot Dog Captain

Oddometer:
  2. OU812

OU812 Legend in my own Mind!

Oddometer:
    Sent the XT guy a PM. Thanks for the offer but I am scared of the track. The bike sounds fun, like a CR500?
  3. Moose Dog

Moose Dog Mr. Nice Guy

Oddometer:
    I rode a 94' CR500R for about 5 years, power is close, but very differant, the 450 makes juice from idle to rev limiter, no spikes, no power band, just linear flat steady pull, putting traction to the dirt like nothing else.

It doesn't vibrate or start hard, sips fuel compared to the 500 2 smoke, will loft the front end at 70 mph without struggle.

Ergo's are flat to the bars, sit foward and plant the front wheel in corners, very slim feeling between the legs, light and flickable.

The aluminum frame, KYB suspention and Michelin intermediots make this bike handle like nothing compared to the old CR, with my mods, she makes about 60 ish ponies, scales at 240 lbs. w/ a full load of race gas.

You really need to ride a modern 450 4 stroke to understand what all the hoopla is about...........there that good. :deal
  4. OU812

Oddometer:
    You are killing me Moose!:lol3
    Temptation!
  5. Moose Dog

Moose Dog Mr. Nice Guy

Oddometer:
    Send me your e-mail address and I'll send ya some pics of the green monster doing it's thang.

I'd post em here but me's to stupid. :rofl
  6. OU812

Oddometer:
  7. Merle O'Broham

Merle O'Broham here comes the short bus

Oddometer:
  8. chevsuz12

chevsuz12 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I recently plated a new to me 2000 xr650r in Illinois. It was super easy!

I bought it from a guy in Ohio, where it was plated and street legal. He had Ohio issue a STREET Bike title and there was nothing that stated anything OFF ROAD.

I wanted to be certain that I could plate it in Illinois before I drove out there to pick it up. So, I called the Sec of state in Illinois ( called directly to the title department in Springfield) They were very helpful, I explained what I had, and wanted to do, she told me this:

If the title does not state off road use, it should transfer to illinois. But, it the vin has a special code for off road use only, then it may not be approved.

In the event it is denied, she told me to contact the Illinois State Police, and they will have an officer inspect it, and then certify it as a street legal bike, and then you could then title and plate it in illinois. I then called the State Police, and they verified this.

I bought the bike, and immediately took the title to the Sec. of State in Lombard, the lady entered the data in the puter, ran the VIN ( I got nervous then!), and then printed out my title and I got my title, plate, and sticker on the spot. The whole process took about 20 minutes! I was shocked at how easy it was!
  9. OU812

Oddometer:
    Printed out title on the spot? Boy have things changed.....:D
  10. alexdavis

alexdavis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Huh?! I transferred a Illinois title (trailer) at the big DMV station on Elston in Chicago...the new title will be MAILED. Same thing happened when I bought a used XT225 several months ago.

Alexd
  11. OU812

Oddometer:
    "I bought the bike, and immediately took the title to the Sec. of State in Lombard, the lady entered the data in the puter, ran the VIN ( I got nervous then!), and then printed out my title and I got my title, plate, and sticker on the spot. The whole process took about 20 minutes! I was shocked at how easy it was!"

That is what got my attention in the OP post.:deal
  12. sfd156

sfd156 curiously curious

Oddometer:
    I've bought and registered dozens of vehicles in IL and IN over the years.....DMV/SOS have ALWAYS mailed titles in a few weeks. Registration, plate and sticker are all you carry out with you....unless things have really changed in IL in the last year or two......Maybe they charge double for instant titles and the extra goes in the Governors Defense Fund:lol3
  13. MRFRITZ

MRFRITZ advwannabe

Oddometer:
    I hate to say, but they are not that efficient, I'll find out tomorrow need to transfer a title for my kids bike, I'll let you know what happens!

OU812 what happen with the xt350 guy from adv?
  14. OU812

Oddometer:
    There are two that I know of. My offer was not enough(on both). I think it was more the generous for the the years and conditions. I was serious.
    :1 1983
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539521&highlight=1983
    :2 1985
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537262
    Xt550
    The rear suspensions are a worlds difference.
  15. MRFRITZ

MRFRITZ advwannabe

Oddometer:
    There will be more bikes coming up, they might get pricier as the riding season starts in a couple months,
  16. OU812

Oddometer:
    So true.:deal That is why I am hunting now.:evil
  17. chevsuz12

chevsuz12 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Sorry for the confusion, I thought I got the title right away, but you are correct, I got the plate and sticker immediately, the title was mailed. In fact, I am looking at the title now, bike was purchased 11/3/09 title issued 11/09/09 it is a MOTORCYCLE title, no mention of off road use at all. Again, a very easy process for me.

Again, the lady did run the VIN, and it did not cause any red flags.

Hopefully you won't have any issues plating your bikes.
  18. Merle O'Broham

Merle O'Broham here comes the short bus

Oddometer:
    Hey all. Chevsuz12 AFAIK the process you went through here is not plating your bike in IL. You had a bike that went through the offroad to street legal conversion (to get a plate) in another state and applied for a title in IL. Your's was plated in OH, which based on state laws usually requires an inspection verifying things such as lights, blinkers, horn, etc. .02
  19. Moose Dog

Moose Dog Mr. Nice Guy

Oddometer:
  20. OU812

Oddometer:
    Looking at a DRZ 400 05' and a DR650 02'. Both have around 3k miles and look nice. $500 more for the 400. Decisions, decisions.:lol3