Double Take Mirror- a new (and better) Dual Sport Mirror

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by neduro, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Rapid Dog

Rapid Dog bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer:
    got mine
    never had mirrors so easy to mount
    or so easy to adjust

the test will be how well the work! :ricky
  2. ibelyna

ibelyna The Dude Abides

Oddometer:
    Great looking product Ned.

Anyone know the thread spec to replace the '02 F650GS mirror boss clamp with a ram mount? I know it is 10mm but wondering on 1.25 or 1.5 threading.
  3. Motoriley

Motoriley Still riding like crap after all these years.

Oddometer:
    So does it come with a reflector?

Just kidding.

Can't wait for mine to get here.

Riley

4. DougZ73

DougZ73 Fading off.........

Oddometer:
    Perfect. Once it was cleared up, and I paid my bills last night, I went ahead and ordered. Can't wait for it to get here now. :D
  5. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    Present arrived from Mr. Postman. :ricky
  6. MiddleAgedMissile

MiddleAgedMissile Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great service!...Got mine in 4 days from placing the order. Installed in about 15mins. I like the range of adjustment, much better than the stock mirrors on the 950.
    Rode to work yesterday with the new mirrors installed on the 950. Mirrors vibrate a bit at lower speeds under 3000rpm but at highway speeds and higher rpm are perfectly clear. Merged onto the freeway and hit about 85 and the mirrors were perfect. One interesting aside....the 950 windscreen is notorious for buffeting. I use three different windscreens and yesterday had the larger touring screen mounted (which does not alleviate the buffeting). Wearing my sons Airoh dual sport helmet I immediately noted an absence of the typical head wagging buffet...weird. The Airoh can be a rattletrap but the positioning of the mirrors seem to break up the dirty air behind the screen at helmet level. This is a very fortunate unintended consequence.

Great product Ned. Thanks again for the good service.
  7. Wings

Wings long gone

Oddometer:
    It's on the way :D
  8. DougZ73

Oddometer:
    Thanks very much guys. :clap:clap
  9. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    All the BMW's I was able to inspect were 10 x 1.5, which included new twins (parallel and opposed).
  10. PHOTON PHIL

PHOTON PHIL THe REAL poser

Oddometer:
    Ordered mine. Can't hardly wait, they look great.:clap :clap
  11. Krabill

Krabill Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll have to admit that I think they're a bit un-sightly . . . but I just ordered some because despite their looks, I think they are by far the most practical dual sport mirrors I've ever seen.
  12. duanew1

duanew1 In my Pajama pants

Oddometer:
    I kind of have to agree. I have some of the Ram arms and they are pretty massive. I will say they look better in the pictures than I thought that they would. I am also concerned about theft, but I think that there are some locking arms. That said I am thinking about buying some. The next best option is the KTM mirrors that cost about the same, but I don't really like those very much.
  13. DougZ73

Oddometer:
    I think it looks like its gonna function just how its supposed to..which is beautiful to me.:wink: I have already dropped about $40 on mirrors are smaller and look better, but do not serve their intended purpose. I just want something that works now.

I have an 1 1/2" RAM arm I am gonna try and use, and see if that is wide enough..if not, I can use a spare 3" RAM arm I have.
  14. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    Can anyone please comment on visibility out of these babies? Remember, I'm comparing them to OE road mirrors, not poor dual sport versions.
  15. MotoMinded

MotoMinded Rally On Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    check out post #46

I can agree with him. I have a set on my 950SE. Perform as good as the stock mirrors. Nice and clear view behind me. I also use on my 530 on dual sport rides. It has some blurring at certain speeds but that is to be expected on an high strung thumper. I can not only see the bikes behind me, I can tell who they are... Again, as good as the stock mirror.

Hope that helps you.
  16. hilslamer

hilslamer 2XRedheadedstepchild

Oddometer:
    Me too - 'cept my bikes are an Adventure and 450EXC.

Folded neatly:
    [​IMG]

Deployed for battle:

[​IMG]

Very happy with the product, another one of those "Why didn't I think of that?" ideas that someone actually followed through on...patent pending, even!
  17. DougZ73

Oddometer:
    Ordered 28th.....got today 30th...wife told me package is there. Now I can't wait to get home and slap it on. Good fast service..thanks. :clap
  18. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:
    Got mine yesterday, for the WR250R, and slapped them on this morning. I haven't gone down the road with them yet, but I really like them. I'm used to using RAM mounts, so adjusting these just seems natural. Here are some pics sitting in the yard.

[​IMG]

One of the many infinitely-variable folded positions.
    [​IMG]
  19. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Man, GREAT idea for a product, Ned. Can't wait to break my current mirrors so I can justify ordering a set. :thumb
  20. donger

donger red dirt rider

Oddometer:
    Last week on the white rim trail i biffed and broke a 650gs mirror along with the windscreen , clutch lever and tore a box off . flew through the windscreen and mirror and somehow didn't dirty my jacket . The stock mirror sucked anyway. Came across the DoubleTakeMirror lastnite and was sold instantly. The answer came , such a marvelous design , brilliant ! Just ordered two set-ups. Thanks Ned , you rule! :clap :freaky :rayof :rayof