Algonquin Park

Discussion in 'Canada' started by shipwrek12001, Mar 16, 2013.

1. juames

juames Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer:
    :1drink

[​IMG]
  2. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:

I would really like to keep the track on the Ontario side, east of the park in the logging roads. exhaust pipe issues and all....:huh.. I just don't have any of those track and have no time to experiment my way through... You never know depending on time on the way back from north bay... the track would really like tracks east of the park......:wink:
  3. RumRunner

RumRunner Sit there, turn that

Oddometer:
    :scratch:scratch:scratch

All the info everyone is giving you is for riding area's in Ontario, in the Park and on it's borders. Me tinks you need to spend some time looking at the Google Maps, both satellite and road views. It's all there - and exploring those area's is have the fun.

DW
  4. Levert

Levert Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    shipwrek12001,

Just pop into the Country store in Madawaska, they will have the ATV map there.
    I still have my cottage in town. You rarely see anyone on the trails and you dont need to worry about hot exhausts.
  5. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:
    looking at the map on post 7, I have a loop that goes on to the qc side.. that is the part I'd like to replace which is the NE side of the park.

I know how to draw a line on google earth I just don't know how to save.... yet...
  6. StepOnIt

StepOnIt Assitoner

Oddometer:
    It is quite and easy task even you could handle...all you need is a map, one of Ontario is best for you. Then get your trusty crayon (color is your option) draw a line on said map. Presto you have a route that is saved on a map.:lol3
    For a more detailed description please buy my book "how to draw a line dummy":rofl

7. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:
    ok smarty pants... how do you draw a route on google earth and save it as a gpx file? I thought I passed the crayon/map class... I guess not...:cry:cry:lol3
  8. Ontario GS

Ontario GS Budding Adv. Traveler

Oddometer:
    Sean

Try the Help option in Google Earth or better yet, look for a YouTube tutorial. :norton
  9. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:
    ok having a bald blond moment....:D thanks all..

easy to get lost in the back woods up there:huh
  10. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:

Or pay me 3 beers, I can be there within the hour :thumb

Of course the lesson only lasts as long as it takes to drink 3 beers. For 12 beers you get a full afternoon lesson...but it requires a drive home for me and my car. Throw a Mickey of crown into the mix and you get the full afternoon and evening lesson, you won't need to drive me home just provide a blanket on the floor somewhere :evil
  11. ODSC1

ODSC1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In 2010 a friend and I rode around Algonquin Park. The after turning off the pavement just north of Deep River we only did 1 km of pavement in total all the way to South River. The rest was trail, logging road, snowmobile trail and pipeline trail. I prepared a route with Garmin Topo and improvished a bit when we came across some snowmobile trails. Worked out awesome.

In 2010 there was a spot of trail unpassable when a beaver dam let go. We went back in 2012 and added a whole lot more trail to the route.

I wouldn't mind going back this year. There are a few places where I know I can add more trail.

There are a couple pics from the Around Algonquin Ride here, http://www.odsc.on.ca/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17896

Brian
  12. StepOnIt

StepOnIt Assitoner

Oddometer:
    lesson one, three beer 10-15 min (slow day) not much learned.
    Lesson two, 12 beer good after noon, should learn fair bit till 8 beer then lesson might get diluted.
    Lesson three, 12 beer and crown, repeat lesson two and add some sodomy

lesson learned, while learning to draw lines on a map, be careful the line does not end in your end.:lol3

13. CanadianX

CanadianX Don’t leave a steaming pile for others.

Oddometer:
    Count me in if you going exploring and don't mind the company :thumb
  14. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:

last week in may....:clap
  15. CanadianX

Oddometer:
    Going for the week or the May 24 weekend?
  16. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:
    pm'd

Mr (very loose term) rider23 should answer this..... use terms like... not mapping this stuff in vain... or something like that...:D
  17. tattewell

tattewell Mad Poser

Oddometer:
    Im moving to Petawawa in July and would be very interested in your route .gpx
  18. CanadianX

Oddometer:
    Let me know when you get here. :freaky
  19. G-Mac

G-Mac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well just got back from my cottage just outside Maynooth. And as you probably have heard there is a lot of water damage to the roads, so I can only assume a lot of the trails will will be effected to. Up that way there are tons of water crossing. So check it out before you go, cause I'm sure it will be quite a while before any trail bridge is repaired.
    I can't attach pics but look on my crack book account and I posted some there.
    Greg McIntosh, from Peterborough
  20. tattewell

tattewell Mad Poser

Oddometer:
    Will do, but I don't expect the bikes to show up until mid - late August. :cry