1. Alfredo(icelander)

Alfredo(icelander) Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Coal creek ride weekend of Nov.9. Post up if you can go.

Coal Creek OHV | OHV Trails | Campground | ATV Riding

Riders: arrival:
    1.Mrtwisty - Thursday
    2.Alfredo - Friday morning
    3.Spacelord
    4.Rockcrusher(maybe)
    5.Squirrely(maybe)
    6.Wlfman(maybe)
    7.Trblmkr - Thursday
    8.ihatefalling - Thursday
  2. MrTwisty

MrTwisty Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer:
    in!
  3. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    Man I would be there in a heartbeat but that's the weekend of the 7-Springs ride :cry
  4. SquirrelyGrl

SquirrelyGrl Squirrely Girl

Oddometer:
    Victoria Secret green pj's of Ponies & Puppies
    I'll try to keep my options open :D Maybe I can make this one.
  5. 35xj

35xj Long timer

Oddometer:
    whats the plan? big bikes, small bikes?
  6. MrTwisty

Oddometer:
    Small bikes.
  7. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Put me as a maybe. Need to see what's going on with work for that week. I may be in NJ and if so won't be back till that Fri evening. If no NJ trip that week I can head up and be there Thu night.
  8. MrTwisty

Oddometer:
    Looks like ihatefalling is coming after all. Good thing too, we need somone to heard us cats. :lol3
  9. Alfredo(icelander)

Oddometer:
    true dat. we would do ok maybe:D
  10. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    What are you guys planning as far accommodations?
  11. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    Lodging Options - I have committed to anything yet but - seems to be pretty much this :

• A couple of nearby campgrounds that have bunk houses or cabins.
    • One bed and breakfast in Oliver Springs (really close to the riding area)
    • Motels / Hotels in Oak Ridge, TN - maybe 20?? minutes from the trails.
    In pricing stuff out - looks like about $30 a night is the cheapest you can find something (unless you tent camp).

Looks like IHF, Twisty and ALfredo are coming up Thursday night ( 11/8 ) after work and riding Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    If someone else wants to do that too - SPEAK UP NOW - I'm making reservations and that bed and breakfast for a room that sleeps 4 - breakfast included. So as I write this post - looks like we have room for one more in "our" group.

Crybaby alert--If you come up and stay with me/us....please pay me as soon as we meet. I HATE having to wait till the last minute as we're loading the bikes to go home to ask everyone to pay up. Thank you . .

If you're NOT coming up and staying with us...... I guess call the campgrounds or motels and make your reservations. More than likely we will have people staying at different places so we will probably have to just all meet up in the mornings.

I'm working on getting us a guide for at least one day. No promises on that tho....

And I guess we'll have to evaluate what everyone wants to ride. We might have to split up into groups?? I've only been there once a few years ago. That place is HUGE. More that can be rode in a week solid.
  12. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    I did see some lodge/cabin rentals that made it a little more affordable for everyone but..... seems like there wasn't much room for "hanging out".
  13. MrTwisty

Oddometer:
    Special thanks to ihatefalling for his organizational skillz. :clap

If it weren't for guys like him, guys like Alfredo and I would just wander around aimlessly. :huh
  14. Alfredo(icelander)

Oddometer:
    +1. sure am glad that someone is looking out for us. Twisty sure wont:D
  15. BUGRIDER

BUGRIDER Adventurer

Oddometer:
    May get DeBandi and Motomark to come up and camp.,Porter.
  16. Alfredo(icelander)

Oddometer:
    Would be great to see you guys. Hope you can work that out.
  17. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    Oh hell no . . . .. .
  18. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    I'm for sure going unless it's raining. :rilla

Not trying to hijack the thread or the ride...... just want to start throwing out thoughts as the come to mind. And don't let me dictate the ride if ya'll have something else in mind.

Alright you boogers.......Not sure what kind of riding everyone wants to do but..... me personally would like to ride big, all day, power loops. Would like a good mix of smooth to rough/advanced. If you've ridden with me at Sequatchie.... I'm hoping for that kind of day(s). Maybe 80 + miles.... get back to the cabin at dark draggin @$$.

I'm not real experienced with Windrock but have been talking to some guys who ride there a lot. Getting advice. They have all basically said the same thing :

"........ If you're wanting to do a big loop with a group that runs to the north end of the park, all riders must be competently prepared.......not gravel/dirt road prepared......but back-country, good endurance, multiple flats, drowned bikes, possible mechanical issues prepared. Leaves will be thick on the ground so there will be lots of hidden kickers, be safe. More rocks than can be imagined (pinch flats), mud holes deep enough where you need a winch to get a bike out of them. New / Good tires with lots of meat are a MUST. Guys with wore out tires will fight rocky hills all day long and you will never make it. Check your spoke tightness. If you have the means to carry some extra gas you better. All bikes should have headlights as there is a decent probability that we would get back after dark..... getting stuck, getting lost, mechanical issues are typical. so be prepared....... it never fails, we always seem to get back much later that we thought. Start early b/c you will get back later than you thought. Bikes and riders MUST be maintained and prepared....no hooptys"

Sound like your kind of evil, twisted fun ? :evil

Again.....don't know if that's what ya'll have in mind....that's just what I was thinking.:D If there are folks who don't want to do that.....there a miles and miles and miles of good flowing fun trails.

I've got that Friday off. So I'm Driving up Thursday evening. Too far for me to drive in on Friday morning plus I loose an hour. If anyone want to split a motel room Thursday night let me know.

We can get a cabin if we get can get firm headcounts on arrival - departures.
    Cabin space would be on a first-come basis?

Hey Alfredo - could you edit the first post to show arrival dates too?
    I'm staying Thurs - Fri - Sat nights
    I'm riding Friday & Saturday, leaving Sunday morning.

Oh yea.... we have to buy permits too......can get them at the trail head.

Rant over . . . . :lol3
  19. Alfredo(icelander)

Oddometer:
    I am all bout some dat you be talking bout:evil. Play hard or go home.:D I will try and keep up but I tend to do this:muuttalot. I hope porter goes I owe him for pushing me over in SV.:wink:
  20. trblmkr

trblmkr Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here is some video of my atv trip this past March at Coal Creek just to show you guys what the terrain is like. Once again the Camera just does not show the real steepness of the trail.

<a href="<iframe width=" 640"="" height="360" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/8sWSlu4D6h8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="">"><a href="<iframe width=" 640"="" height="360" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/8sWSlu4D6h8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""><iframe src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/8sWSlu4D6h8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]