NE Ohio (Cleveland Burbs) trail riding options:

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by kirk180, Sep 9, 2013.

1. kirk180

kirk180 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, new member here from the west side Cleveland Burbs. Been riding bikes for over 20 years. However, I just got my first dual sport (A Yamaha TW200) to first teach my son to ride on, and second...to ride. Well, the first goal has been accomplished. The TW's a great first bike for a teenager (13) to hop onto. Now, it's the second part that hasn't come along quite as easy. Right now the TW is getting 99% of it's riding on blacktop. I'd love to take it trail riding, but can't seem to fnid anywhere to go.

I've looked at the Planet Rider site, and various others. Is there something I'm missing? Or is Cleveland simply the last place you wanna own a dual sport and look for a trail to hit up? I thought I'd find something out near Nelson Ledges, on the east or south side, or something. But not having any luck. So if there's something out there, someone could alert me of, I'd really appreciate it.

Other than that, I'm having a blast on the little engine that could (TW200). Thing's a blast to ride. We're looking at heading down to Wayne Nat'l since we can't find anything. But I don't really wanna have to throw the TW's in the back of the truck and head down that far every time, if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance!
  2. S2P

S2P Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    http//www.thumpertalk.com/topic/630952-any-other-dual-sport-riders-in-the-cleveland-area/
    If you go over to thumper talk, there's a post in the dual sport section.If I remember correctly members Mikey and Goggles Paisano and wobbly knobby ride around Cleveland, not sure how much of it is"legal".
    It would give you a place to start anyway,I haven't been there recently to give you more specifics.I'm to far away to help.

for some reason the tablet posts the link to the top of reply
  3. ScienceOfDirt

ScienceOfDirt U-Boat Rider

Oddometer:
    Having been on a few of those rides, they are not legal. I can show you a few illegal areas in the CVNP if you like. There are a few other areas local as well. Next time we go urban exploring, I'll send a PM to see if you want to go along.
    rbsride365 likes this.
  4. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Check out the Northeast Ohio thread.
  5. kirk180

kirk180 n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback. Suppose I wasn't finding anything, because there isn't anything. Gonna have to improvise.