Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. SRMN8R

SRMN8R Down & Out

Oddometer:
    St. Martin is also on the "short list." My wife's sister & bro in law used to have a vacation home there.

Not sure why she wants to go to Hawaii so badly. I've been there and wasn't so impressed.
  2. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    Dudes,
    I hope it is warmer there than here. I'm just south of Jackson, Mississippi and whupped from the cold. Left Pburg yesterday morning at 41F and fog. Rode 550 miles to Chattanooga, finishing the last 100 miles in driving rain from the cold front. Did 530 miles today thru northern Georgia, Alabama, and across Mississippi with the temps staying in the 40's, and HUGE winds from the NW. I am whupped. Even with electric vest, and great gear, it eventually goes to the bone.

Maybe I'm just getting old. I can do low temps for a couple hours, but 10 hours is getting hard. Can't wait to get to Lousiana by noon tomorrow. It is SUPPOSE to be in the 70's there all weekend. :clap

You dudes enjoy the Brrr ride. I'm doing my own version and thinking of you. The "kickin' chicken" is warming me up as I type.

When you meet around the campfire tomorrow night, please hoist a libation to those Veterans who have made our way of life possible. Don't forget what this weekend is really about. :devildog

If you love our way of life, thank a Veteran. God Bless America.

Jeff
  3. pplassm

pplassm Brace for collision! 40488

Oddometer:
    Looks like it got it's yearly bath. :D
  4. teeter

teeter Frank Zappa the 6th

Oddometer:
    Mine did too.. It rained!
  5. niceviewbehindbars

niceviewbehindbars out enjoying the vu

Oddometer:

I can't make it Friday night. Gonna try to get out of here Saturday morning but not 100% sure yet.
  6. roger123

roger123 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Holy crap Guy, Im getting ready to throw a pair of skivvies into a Walmart bag and hit the road!!!!!!!

Hope that's all I need.

Had duty last night and my master plan of getting a good nights sleep ended at 0200 when air department figured out that they needed bolts to reassemble the water brake so they could open the launch valve so I can purge the CAT, those guys really have me steamed (pun intended)!!

We all know the real purpose of the fight deck is to keep rain off the reactors! Sometimes we need to remind them of that.
  7. rctr

rctr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Going for gas soon, ready to go! Happy veterans days to all including my bride of 27 years!

Jimmy
    Rctr
  8. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bummer Graham. Hope to see you tomorrow.
  9. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
  10. Dolly Sod

Dolly Sod I want to do right, but not right now Supporter

Oddometer:
    My answer hinges on whether or not they tried to have him mounted afterwards.
  11. FormerInmate 081920

FormerInmate 081920 Guest

Oddometer:
    who's' riding with Guy to Brr? I saw three packed with gear headed west on Beach Rd around 11:30 am today :lol2
  12. pplassm

pplassm Brace for collision! 40488

Oddometer:
    Actually, It's Nigel Tufnel Day:

[​IMG]
  13. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:

Nigel...what a hoot Pete, that is soooooo fitting, here's a Va T-O-R that I posted from Natural Bridge last year, on the Brrrrrr ride....heheheheheh
    "We want a life size copy of StoneHenge....onstage "
    "This IS Spinal Tap......Hellloooooo Cleveland....."
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    you can see from how MY bike was geared up, Cabins were for pussies that trip...used the tent and ground method last year...
    [​IMG]
    and it wasn't 60* in the morn, either....brrrrrrrrrrrr

me and Teeter toughed it out, in luxury....cabins.....nahhhhhhhhhhh, bwaaaahaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa
  14. jay956

jay956 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    anyone want to ride for a few hours tomorrow morning? Ive got a decent little route from glen allen to bowling green and back.
  15. Skippii

Skippii Did you eat my Zinger???

Oddometer:
    :D

I posted the explaination in Inmates.
    I don't expect science to work in Hollywood, but sometimes they come up with stuff so bizzare that I have no clue what sort of things they want me to believe. Often they try to make up explainations that just confuse me more, stuff like having a guy in the vacuum of space calmly snorting cocaine, but then they'll say it's possible to snort/suck/blow/breathe without air because he used a magnetic straw. Anyway, that kind of stuff was bothering me, so I quit watching MacGuyver reruns and started watching Walking Dead and some other action shows, where people get shot a lot.

I liked "Earth2" because they actually did use bullets with time bombs inside that would explode a few hours after being shot--actually not a bad idea so that terrorists could blow up hospitals by shooting someone on the street.
    Every other show just acts like the bullets will explode unless they're removed, and come pretty close to explicitly stating that it's more important to remove a bullet from a corpse than save someone's life. Every now and then you have an oddball show that says it's perfectly healthy to leave lead inside the body for years, but I'm not entirely sure that's accurate, either. I don't think I've ever seen a movie or a show where anyone was interested first in making sure the guy would survive, and later removing the bullet.
  16. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Skippii.....umm...well...:dunno....I like your dream bike though.........:1drink
    [​IMG]
  17. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jimmy, St. Maarten is great, you should go when you can. We LOVE St. Martin (French side)/Sint Maarten (Dutch side). As a matter a fact, we just go back today from our fourth trip there! The photo of my kids below was taken Tuesday morning at Orient Beach! It was 86 degrees (or 30 as they say!) and sunny!

Attached Files:

18. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just got home about an hour ago...........

Not sure who that might have been. I was by my lonesome out on Genito to Dorset and to the Sheetz there at Flat Rock. Hooked up with Mickey and we headed west.

Yesterday morning was the $hits, i.e, very cold, but today was half way decent. Put a tube in the front tire of a BMW to mend a slit in the sidewall caused by a rock he hit up on the BRP. Not a recommended repair putting a tube in a tubeless tire, but we had no recourse due to the circumstances. Fortunately, I had the tube and all the tools for the temporary repair so he could get home. Still waiting to hear how it went.

19. roger123

roger123 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    If it was two Wees and an FJR it was me, Tom and Brian. That's right around the time we hit that area.
  20. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    Roger, heard that he was in Keyser about 2:30, so he's almost home.

Was nice seeing you again and glad that you could make it. :clap