D.O.G. Dualsporters Of Georgia

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by flux_capacitor, Jan 5, 2007.

1. SpeedyR

SpeedyR SE in the SE

Oddometer:
    two options come to mind- some of the main "loops" at Durhamtown plantation are forest service road wide, hard packed (if it hasn't rained), and pretty fast. they will have some well placed berms and "jumps" so maybe not ideal if you are riding something without appropriate suspension, but you could put together some very fast loops there and the traffic is all one way. just start a timer and be on your way.

another option is to find a gravel/dirt road that dead ends somewhere. Ride it to the end and back out, then turn around and let'er rip going back to the dead end. that way you know (unless someone lives there, or was in the woods somewhere) the road is clear...

but the chances of finding a 10 mile stretch with no traffic in the SE is pretty hard unless you have someone at the other end with a radio. :)
  2. Brown Dog

Brown Dog North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer:
    Hey Jenna,
    Just go follow Mr Crane for your training :pynd

:lol3
  3. HondaBob

HondaBob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, you know you are doing good if you can stay in the same zip code :ricky
    That is one fast dude.
  4. MrTwisty

MrTwisty Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer:
    Moto Mountain is another option. It has some fast, fairly flat stuff on the backside near the power lines. Some of the four wheeler trails are fairly wide and easy as well, and the trails are one-way
  5. HoBeau

HoBeau around the bend

Oddometer:
    Good luck Jenna:thumb

Saw your opt in over in racing - didn't seem to take but a couple of posts :lol3

Been said but please do be careful training the trafficked roads :freaky

Bonsoir dogs.

[​IMG]
  6. Brown Dog

Oddometer:
    Beau,
    U sure see a LOT of the World :eek1
  7. SlowRide13

SlowRide13 Veteran n00b

Oddometer:
    Is there a neat, easy trick for getting the baked-on red clay off your pipes and engine? :ear
  8. ke4yyq

ke4yyq Ham

Oddometer:
    Why would you want to? :evil
  9. SlowRide13

SlowRide13 Veteran n00b

Oddometer:
    Well, I've been dirt bike riding in a "rain forest" for 40 years and have no idea how to get it off... that should tell you something.
  10. Brown Dog

Oddometer:
  11. SlowRide13

SlowRide13 Veteran n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks man
  12. GaM

GaM Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm afraid if I took the mud off of mine they would fall apart.
  13. MrTwisty

MrTwisty Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer:
    +1
    That's exactly what I was thinking. :D
  14. SuchesRider

SuchesRider Just Do It! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Jenna! When do you want to ride? PM sent based on info relayed to me from the Mayor of Persimmon.... :eek1 SR
  15. fullmonte

fullmonte Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer:
    Does anybody know if the FS has re-opened the dirt roads in the Cohuttas yet? I'm referring to the one just down the hill from Lake Conasauga where it intersects FR630. It was still gated last month. Looking to put together a 75 mile dirt loop for Sunday.
  16. GaM

GaM Long timer

Oddometer:
    Official opening date is March 1st Monte. Sometimes earlier seldom later, those Turkey hunters have to scout you know.
  17. fullmonte

fullmonte Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer:
    Thanks a lot Mike.:clap I love it when a plan comes together.
  18. Brown Dog

Oddometer:
    Monte,
    U musta Lost my # :ddog

:lol3

Just kiddin, as Im slammed with chikn duties :cry

19. HoBeau

HoBeau around the bend

Oddometer:
    Mike,

We do try and get out as much as we can. This is our 2nd time to Paris and it's :thumb Headed back to our neck of the woods this morning, always good to be home.

Here are some snaps from yesterday. Lots to appreciate here including history, culture, art, fantastic looking women, food & wine. One of most impressive features is the number of riders.

Driving skills are high, no phone talk or other so common cage silliness I see constantly in ATL. No compulsory horn wanking you hear in NYC. Just crisp expedient vehicle handling. Motos lane split and front load the lights, sped limits are ignored. Acceleration from the line a priority, all eyes are on the tree. Pilots respect each road user and operate in close quarters that would have many or most of our drivers spun around.

Shots are of ark duh tree oomph (spelling phonetic) and its 12 intersecting boulevards. Napoleon added this feature to celebrate himself and the height of the French empire. The traffic circle surrounding the ark is unique in that cars entering the circle have the right of way. Insurance companies no longer try to find fault for incidents here but rather just half the damages and leave the lawyers to find work elsewhere.

Chanz el eezay is perhaps the most fashionable road in all of the world. Full of things you and I have no need for whatsoever - $5k suites and $25k watches. It is interesting to me for two reasons - le tour de France finishes here and because you can walk across the way to rows of MC dealers representing almost every builder (I didn't see KTM.) Each had it's own shop, BMW, Guzzi, Aprillia, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Ducati, Triumph, HD, etc. Wonderful sounds every where. Mototastic. :clap

Also for graveyard fans is Pear Lahchay. Jim Morrison is buried here - we had a graveside whiskey. It's over 100 acres with 1M interned and over 80,000 sites. Very interesting place.

Ark

[​IMG]

From the top looking down on fashion blvd.

[​IMG]

The intersection (note mc's and bicycle yielding to white bus)

[​IMG]

Moto dealers both sides of the street for 2 city blocks.

[​IMG]

4u

[​IMG]

Never seen so many

[​IMG]

Many multi generations of same family

[​IMG]
  20. ARod2000

ARod2000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing those pics of Paris. Neat-o.

A few of us dirtbikers are headed out in disguise as dualsporters today. Me, Crane, Hondabob, ya'll may know KTMmomma and a few others. About 8-10 total. Meeting in Dawsonville, - - WMA, Amicolola and up to have a rendezvous with the law in Suches. Well, that's not planned but I has a feeling. It is spring ya know. If you see us out there say hello:ear. Safe riding this weekend everyone. :clap