KTM buys Husky?????????

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Sparrowhawk, Jan 29, 2013.

1. dashmoto

dashmoto Serial Tinkerer

Oddometer:
    Bearing in mind KTM were reputedly on the verge of folding Husaberg in the last year because there was too much overlap and they aren't exactly making buckets of cash, I would be stunned if they bought Husqvarna.

There's a reason we refer to MCN as "More Crap 'n' Nonsense" over here.
  2. Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo Long timer

Oddometer:

I had this revelation as well.
  3. JustRon

JustRon ex-broadwayron

Oddometer:
    I can't imagine why KTM would want Husky, even at a huge discount (which I assume would be the case). I'm confused.
  4. pfy50

pfy50 Professional nOOb

Oddometer:
    So we'll be buying HusKbergs with Chinese motors in Indian(asian) frames, designed in Italy?:deal

Well no wonder we can't get parts!!!!!!!

5. MORT666

MORT666 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It will save KTM on developmental cost of new engines. BMW carried the cost.:norton:1drink
  6. Gregster

Gregster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can't wait to see the new KayTeeHusaVarnas :clap
  7. UtahFox

UtahFox Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    KayTeeVeeHuskvarnBajaj.
  8. Carter Pewterschmidt

Carter Pewterschmidt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Agreed. Husky is a cool brand and when BMW started turning them into F650s I was worried. Husky is supposed to be like a badass, race tuned kind of brand, maybe a level shy of KTM which is cool. But BMW was going to turn them into the same bland, boring, vanilla bike they make, just with a red valve cover lol.

I am interested in purchasing a Husky supermoto bike sometime in the future so I hope they get sorted and start throwing some options out there.
  9. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The latest is that Stephan bought Husky, not KTM. Hmmmm.... the plot thickens considerably.

http://www.nieuwsmotor.nl/motornieu...erkoopt-husqvarna-aan-ceo-pierer-van-ktm.html

Web translated:
    Like it was already whispered BMW do not sell engine rad its dochterbedrijf Husqvarna Motorcycles, however to KTM but to the personal company of its CEO Stefan Pierer, Pierer called Cross Industries AG. Which consequences this on Pierers role as CEO of KTM is still unclear and in the coming six times will be selected. It speaks for itself that also the European competition authorities will interfere itself, but also the chance is largely present that Pierer will lay down its function at KTM. For quite some time Pierer still the CEO of the Austrian engine company are, but a large part of the shares in this has been sold to the indian motorgigant Bajaj. Purchase of Husqvarna Pierer the possibility is able offer entirely with a clean slate to start again.
    The coming months will be examined or there some form of cooperation between Husqvarna and KTM possible is, now already a new model is in any case, however, announced that on the EICMA will already be shown 2013,

Vanmorgen we did not communicate all that KTM in the market were buy Husqvarna, this also a very logical step would not be. BMW ensures sale of Husqvarna considerable face loss. Het Duitse bedrijf pompte miljoenen in het Italiaanse Husqvarna, maar kon er nooit een succes van maken.

Onderstaand organogram is van Cross Industries BV, het bedrijf waarin Bajaj voor bijna de helft eigenaar is. Now if owner makes AG no component, called, of Husqvarna Pierer Industries.
  10. Grreatdog

Grreatdog Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    While that reads like a Nigeriam scam email, that would be very, very good news. Say goodbye to leftover BMW X bikes and hello to being what Husky once was.

Husky has a good seller with the Strada and Terra so he has street oriented bikes covered better than KTM there. Put some development into the TE's while ditching the weird leftover BMW stuff to bring them up to KTM standards and I might just be in the market - again.

I am a big fan of TE310 already and still want one. The only reason there is a KTM 200 in my garage instead of a TE310 is the lack of anything resembling a dealer in this state. So I sincerely hope that is true and that it works out. Does red Koolaid taste different than orange?
  11. Evil Invader

Evil Invader Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well not much. Please send me your money and I´ll see to it. :deal :1drink

:D
  12. FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman Dirt Biker

Oddometer:
    I read that the KTM CEO is buying it to get away from Bajaj. Plus he gets a new BMW designed factory in Italy were production cost apparently is much less.

BMW is not making anything with Husky, relatively speaking, so they are letting it go cheap.

KTM will be looking for a new CEO...get your resume in there! :lol3

:ear
  13. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  14. FlyingDutchman

Oddometer:
  15. FlyingDutchman

Oddometer:
    Maybe now I will get a Husky 300 with the lecky start and a 6 speed:evil
  16. Evil Invader

Evil Invader Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And I will get a 700 Husky Adventure/Rally w/ 70 rwhp, 30l fuel, 300mm suspension and wet weight @ 150kg :evil
  17. bastimentos

bastimentos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :tb
  18. JustKip

JustKip Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is all very confusing
    And what I really want to know is, will the Nuda 900 be sold here in the USA?
  19. Murphy Slaw

Murphy Slaw Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's an understatement.....
  20. sTE610vE

sTE610vE First on the brakes, last on the gas... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think it sounds good that the KTM ceo wants out from under the coming Bajaj ownership and into Husqvarna as a competitor! I would love to see Husky go after KTM up and down the line and dump the bmw stuff and get back to Husqvarna designs! I just hope he has investors with deep pockets after bmw ran off so many of the original husky dealers. The translation below is a bit confusing, I think it says that Stefan Pierer and his group own WP suspension and would bring that to Husqvarna with them???

Here's another source
    http://solomoto.es/1/1359562650/actu...a#.UQnAzL80WSo

"Since the brand Indian Bajaj became a shareholder of KTM , in 2007, with 14.5%, its president Stefan Pierer never been entirely comfortable . When in 2011 the Indian brand bought more shares to reach 39% of the Austrian brand, and in March 2012 to reach 47%, Pierer felt even more uncomfortable, because presumably the brand india buy more shares and eventually leaving him side in no time, taking control of "their" ship.

It was a matter of time that Bajaj pass to have a 51% minimum, to shed Pierer , but before that happens, Stefan will step forward: sell all its shares to Bajaj, and with the money you receive buy Husqvarna . The operation is done through the company Pierer, Cross Industries AG , and is this that becomes the owner of Husqvarna shortly.

Cross Industries AG is a conglomerate created by Pierer, which brings in its structure to 50.6% of KTM, the brand Pankl to mechanical components, Wethje signature of carbon fiber components, suspension WP and signing Kiska design . What can this mean? Well that KTM are no longer designed by Kiska and not equip more WP suspensions, that would work for Husqvarna.

The operation is to be announced shortly, so we must be vigilant."