The CRF250L Owners thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by joec63, Sep 4, 2012.

1. 100dollarman

100dollarman n00b

Oddometer:

THX for the WELCOME!!!:1drink
  2. 240nekkid

240nekkid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    bought one of these a couple weeks ago for my wife, sorry, but no pics yet. kind of an analog guy still. so far she loves it. i threw on some cycra handguards and modified the airbox. a bit of a difference there. i have an ejk tuner, an fmf exhaust, a 13t, and a richocet skid plate to bolt on as soon as she passes her dmv test. this will be a good addition to the stable. the bike is very mellow in stock form, kind of reminds me of one of their generators. no muss, no fuss, runs forever. love the site, been lurkin for a bit before joining as i usually dont have anything intelligent to add. lookin forward to a good summer on the trails with my girl.
  3. emreturkeli

emreturkeli "Ruzgarin Tersine"

Oddometer:
    I just got this question mark on my head...

My Cycras with the front triple mount kit is on the way, also my ROX 2" Pivot Risers with Protaper Contour CX HighBend bars :evil

But the question is when the handlebars are 2" high with the risers, but the CYCRA hand guard center connections are not on the bar directly but connected by the triple mount kit, would they remain lower in the centre?? :huh
  4. Captain Kickstart

Captain Kickstart EnduroRider

Oddometer:

Hello Forum, Hello lccpmj - greetings from germany :wave

I owned the Arrow-Exhaust for my baby.
    Current the Arrow-Exhaust is the only one, you can get here in Europe.
    Only Leo Vince has planned to fabricate a muffler for the CRF250L, but it's not available at present.
    http://www.leovince.com/en/catalog-...ndard_honda_crf_250_l_i_e_2012_2013/285222662

Yesterday I've installed the muffler and opened the riding season 2013 :clap
    Quality, look and sound are really good.

[​IMG]
  5. Harcomo

Harcomo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't tell you about fuel consumption firsthand as I've never checked the mileage and I don't have many miles on my bike yet anyway. But it seems like I read somewhere that with the EJK, you could expect around a 10% reduction in fuel mileage with it installed. That seems logical since it's job is to allow more fuel all the way across the rpm range.
  6. Harcomo

Harcomo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Captain Kickstart.....welcome to the forum! Where did you get those cool looking mirrors? They appear to be folding to get them out of the way when you don't need them offroad? Nice looking ride!!
  7. Telemarktumalo

Telemarktumalo Go Red Sox!

Oddometer:
    Wondering if anybody has experience with burn problems with aftermarket exhausts on soft luggage. I have a Giant Loop Coyote bag and it drapes over the tail rack and rearward part of the seat, slants forward toward the passenger pegs. It seems the FMF and the Arrow have no temp guards. Probably makes no difference for day trips, but camping forays require the luggage.

8. ratthing

ratthing refrigerated cybercanine

Oddometer:
    I bought mine back in November for $4720 cash before local TTL with both an FMF exhaust and hand guards from Southern Honda in Chatanooga, TN. They were selling stock bikes at that time for $3997. I see now they have them listed at $4197.

My experience was excellent. I had some issues with my Ultimate MX Hauler (first time in use), and one of the guys in the service department spent about 30 minutes helping me get it sorted out. He definitely went above and beyond. The only negative was the dealership was having a test ride day, and it took longer to get the bike paid for and keys in hand than going during the week would have.
  9. Kevinsterner

Kevinsterner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you are looking for a more aggressive dirt bike that is lets say 75% dirt and 25 % street go with the Yamaha. I have had my 250 L since August and I love it. Depending own your talent level and what you want to do the Yam and the Honda are both good bikes. I see guys spend big bucks to get their Honda suspension on par with the Yam or other more dirt oriented bikes. The Honda is a great valu but it does have limitations. You get what you pay for.
  10. kzahel

kzahel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Took my bike out for her first real ride. Some minor hill climbing up some gravel roads. She made it up like a charm. Definitely much more fun and safer than riding my 950 adventure.

I was thinking I would break her in easy but got to reading about it this morning and decided I would go with the advice of some that it a bike breaks in better by just riding it and having fun. That way she'll know what to expect for the rest of her life, too.
  11. 30Bones

30Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    I want a scenic gravel road bike with very little single track thrown in. Either bike will be fine, heck another KLR would be fine but I want smaller/lighter. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. kiwi5

kiwi5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking at the most cost effective performance upgrades ( I'm poor so cannot justify replacing the whole exhaust and suspension), I reckon that opening up the very restrictive airbox and doing some tuning with an EJK (or similar) along with 13T front sprocket would get plenty enough improvements- for the average rider that is. Having said that, the bike is good enough for most off road riding as it is, I'm just looking at the most basic upgrades to bring it up one level..............
  13. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am going bat sheet crazy here seeing photos of you guys riding where it is warm and green!
    We are still in the grips of a snowy winter here in So Wisconsin and 6 more inches of the crap forecasted soon.

All I can do is head for the dungeon and dream up crap to do or bolt on the bike. How bout a tank bag strapped to a Rotopax? And I think my fairing is done but need some road testing for sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. Turk

Turk 'Bab Man

Oddometer:
  15. EEKAMOUSE

EEKAMOUSE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. Turk

Turk 'Bab Man

Oddometer:
    cheers eek
  17. tilliejacques

tilliejacques gnarly girl Super Supporter

Oddometer:

Giant Loop sells an exhaust guard for their luggage for $25.

I looked at it when I was buying my Mojavi and contemplating a different exhaust but I like the quiet.

cheers
  18. carlclaflin

carlclaflin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    howdy,
    i currently have a 1994 yamaha xt225. i've been looking at honda's new crf250l. anyone out here have it, and how do you like it/ ride, etc?

70/30, dirt/street is mostly my riding.
  19. gaw777

gaw777 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone removed the kickstand safety switch other than Ramz? I use mine for 80% dirt. Was out this weekend going up a pretty steep rough hill and the bike just dies, like it ran out of fuel, but fired right back up again, ran rest of the day. Pucker moment for sure. Got back to camp and one of the other riders mentioned the kickstand switch might have been activated :eek1

Have anyone removed the safety switch. If so how hard?

Any thoughts.........thanks
  20. trainman

trainman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    carlclaflin, I would read all the post, you will get your answer. Pretty hard to go to a bike specific thread and find owners who don't like them.

John